Author Topic: About your clever questions... [#2709]  (Read 2279 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
About your clever questions... [#2709]
« on: December 29, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »
Hi...

My name is [name removed] and I'm a christian.

I was listening to a video posted on youtube.com about clever questions to ask christians...

I would agree that many if not most of the christian population would have a hard time having a satisfactory answer for your questions, even me, but you have to consider that in our view God is above our wisdom, and that his grand plan for the world is intended to heal and rid the world of these painful things. In the last chapter of the book of Revelation, this is mentioned as will not remember the things of the past and everything will be renewed.

When you talk about the efficiency of prayer, we are told by jesus that we should be ceasseless about asking God for certain needs. This truth is apparent in the parabole of the fish that a neibor needed from a friend in the middle of the night. By bothering and knocking of the neibor's door, he would eventualy answer the one knocking and asking. He also mentioned that before we even open our mouth, God already knows our needs. Therefore, not to repeat senseless words like a menthra.

Why doesn't God heal amputees and so on... Why is people starving, etc. As I mentioned before, you have to see the greater plan of God and understand that we, mankind, has chosen this path of life from Adam's time. We are painfully cultivating the fruits of our original choice. God has decided to bring us back from the very beginning, the very first chapter of our misbehavior and on, by showing that redemption would come.

When you mention about the flood covering the mount everest... You have to realise that mount everest didn't exist in that time. please re-read the chapters of creation up to the flood. You will notice that the there was probably little if not any rain at all on the earth. the water was comming out of the ground like dew in the morning. You will note also that there was only hills for the most part. The earth or mainland part of the planet was one piece of land. When the rain came in Noah's time, the rain only falled for 40 days without ceassing. Most of the water came from the opening of the deep, like a whomb opening and the water rushed out. The water was on the earth for more than a year... covering the highest "hills" not the mountains... This event created the continent separation, making a whole cataclismic destruction of the previous world. So much so, that when scientist are looking for signs of a flood, they are looking at the world with a very wrong scale. I remember the recent movie Godzilla, where the scientist is in one footprint of the giant monster, and he's been told to look at the foot print. He keeps asking... But, where is it? and all along, he was in it. But it was too big for him to see. You have to step back a lot more to see.The formation of the mountain range is like pushing a carpet against the wall. Look at the direction of the mountain ranges and the direction the continents took from the middle ocean ridge.

Part of the grand plan of God, is that every believer in Christ would be not only forgiving their sins, making them perfect in the eyes of God, but to make them priest and reigning kings in his coming kingdom. That his why christian have a hope to be in heaven with Jesus Christ. Not to play harp but to be in charge of the kingdom of God with Christ. This kingdom is in heaven and extend to the earth. God's purpose in the end is to live with us forever. Read the last one or two chapters of Revelation.

Christians who believe in Christ ought to get baptise and therefore be symbolically be baptised in Christ's death. They are to "die" with Christ on the cross and be "resurected" symbolically with him. Therefore, being "dead" in their body, they're sins have been paid, as death is the wages of sin. And they are to surrender their bodies to God for the service of justice in this world. Read chapters 6, 7 and 8 or the book of Romans.

We are not putting our faith in this world, no matter how much monney or opportunities are offered to us, but we look for the future reward that comes from our King Jesus.

So, if you prefer this world, it's your choice... The scriptures say, that the judgement is upon you as you refused to believe in the salvation of God through Jesus death and resurection.

Know this though. Everyone will be resurected at the last day, even you, for judgement. Everyone!

I sincerely hope you will take the time to read the bible, weather you start by the new testament or the old. If you need more information from me, you may ask... I'll try to direct you in the best of my knowledge.

If I'd get amputated or if my life would be a wreck, I would still be humble before God and praise his name. YHWH and his son, Jesus, the messiah, my king, my hope and redeemer.

May you see the light through the hardship of life.

[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +681/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: About your clever questions... [#2709]
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
Do you use the same tune or a different one at church when you sing "Onward Generic Christian Soldiers, marching as to war"?

I'm sorry that life is so awkward for you that you have to memorize so many excuses. But if you'd like, I can send you a lifetime supply of actual information, as long as you promise not to waste it.

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »
More words and preaching.

Part of the grand plan of God, is that every believer in Christ would be not only forgiving their sins, making them perfect in the eyes of God, but to make them priest and reigning kings in his coming kingdom. That his why christian have a hope to be in heaven with Jesus Christ. Not to play harp but to be in charge of the kingdom of God with Christ. This kingdom is in heaven and extend to the earth. God's purpose in the end is to live with us forever. Read the last one or two chapters of Revelation.

Christians who believe in Christ ought to get baptise and therefore be symbolically be baptised in Christ's death. They are to "die" with Christ on the cross and be "resurected" symbolically with him. Therefore, being "dead" in their body, they're sins have been paid, as death is the wages of sin. And they are to surrender their bodies to God for the service of justice in this world. Read chapters 6, 7 and 8 or the book of Romans.

I wonder why it is that they keep presenting their basic theology as though it's something completely new to us.  I mean, it's not like this information is some sort of closely guarded secret.

I sincerely hope you will take the time to read the bible, weather you start by the new testament or the old. If you need more information from me, you may ask... I'll try to direct you in the best of my knowledge.

Little do they know... little do they know...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +681/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »
I got to thinking about what you said about the flood. So I re-read the part in the bible where they talked about the ark landing on Hill Ararat, and by golly, you're right. There were no mountains then.

Thanks for the geology lesson.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
Dear Christian,

We are here at the forum ready and willing to discuss your views.  We think you're wrong, but we are always willing to discuss our point of view.  Everything you stated has been stated many times before by other believers.  Join the forum and help us find God!

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
I don't believe in hell any more than I believe in heaven but, by golly, that was a hellish torment to read.

Everest didn't exist, morning dew comes out of the ground, really? To be fair, at least this is reasonably well written (apart from some bizarre spelling) but the content is utter hogwash, ignorant to a painful degree not only in the "facts" espoused but in the assumption that atheists are somehow only atheist because they haven't heard of the bible and its contents.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

keeta

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »
it makes me sad to think people are truely this nieve..seriously. the earth has been expanding slowly over billions of years, which is how our land masses were formed, not from a flood..that's just silly. it even sounds silly and yet, some actually believe that's how it happened. if you fall for that, i've got some ocean front property in montana i'm unloading real cheap!!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +681/-3
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »
^^^I live in Montana. I'd love to be able to catch some waves. Send me a brochure!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

keeta

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »
ha ha ha parking :)
i've never been to montana, but i hear it's beautiful...except in the winter...lol
i'm in washington state...we're cold & wet enough here, i'm sure i could handle what montana has to throw at me!

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »
So everyone gets to be judged eh? What about people who have never heard of your god or Jesus? How are they to be judged? I wish you would think more before writing down such nonsense.
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +235/-0
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
When you mention about the flood covering the mount everest... You have to realise that mount everest didn't exist in that time.

I await your peer-reviewed Geology paper as evidence for the above claim, and in the meantime will refrain from doing a facepalm and shrieking "You can't be serious!  That's the stupidest thing I've heard all week."

please re-read the chapters of creation up to the flood.

Read it already.  Please read this, so that we're on the same page:  Norse creation myth

God's purpose in the end is to live with us forever. Read the last one or two chapters of Revelation.

I've read Revelation several times.  It's a very silly story indeed, particularly the nonsense about the dragon sweeping one-third of the stars out of the sky with its tail.  If there was a dragon big enough to pull off that particular stunt, we'd probably be able to see it without the Hubble telescope.  (Oh, and the dragons of My acquaintance assure Me that if they were *that* big, they'd just eat Heaven and Hell in one gulp, along with Biblegod and Satan and all the angels and devils, and wander off somewhere for a nice, long nap.)  ;D

Know this though. Everyone will be resurected at the last day, even you, for judgement. Everyone!

Nope.  Not gonna happen, sir or madam.  Eternal life is almost certainly a myth, and Judgment Day is just scare tactics.  Please don't waste your life hoping for happiness in some imaginary Pleasantville.

I don't think you have any "information" or "knowledge" that's up to My standards, but thanks anyway.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +613/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
dear xian,

you said a lot of things I would expect a typical xian would say.  I found most of it silly and not very well thought out.  That bit about the flood and geology - wow.  If I were you, I would not tell anyone I believed that.  That is on par with believing in Big Foot. Also, you completely missed the point about amputees.

There was one thing you said I would like to address.  This:

but to make them priest and reigning kings in his coming kingdom. That his why christian have a hope to be in heaven with Jesus Christ. Not to play harp but to be in charge of the kingdom of God with Christ.

what the flip?  People are going to be in charge of the kingdom with christ?  That sounds weirdly like a democracy.  Do you not understand what a kingdom is?  It precludes a collective group from being "in charge".  Your weird belief on this is not scriptural. 

You, my misguided friend, most definitely will not be in charge of anything.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

keeta

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:46:09 AM »
screw, there's actually more physical evidence of big foot...just as a side note ;)

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +456/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
you have to consider that in our view God is above our wisdom, and that his grand plan for the world is intended to heal and rid the world of these painful things.

So why hasn’t he managed this? 

When you talk about the efficiency of prayer, we are told by jesus that we should be ceasseless about asking God for certain needs.

No, we are told “Knock and it shall be answered, seek and you shall find. “ There is no mention by Jesus of your having to wait for several thousand years.

Why doesn't God heal amputees and so on... Why is people starving, etc. As I mentioned before, you have to see the greater plan of God

Well, both you and I can think of a better plan, can’t we?

God has decided to bring us back from the very beginning, the very first chapter of our misbehavior and on, by showing that redemption would come.

What’s taking him so long?

When you mention about the flood covering the mount everest... You have to realise that mount everest didn't exist in that time.

You have any proof of that? Biblical or any other sort of proof?

Can you explain why the Egyptians and the Chinese, who kept records, did not get wet?

You will notice that the there was probably little if not any rain at all on the earth. the water was comming out of the ground like dew in the morning.

That is complete garbage – that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. How would that work then? Do you know what causes dew? It is clear that the writers of Genesis did not understand dew.

You will note also that there was only hills for the most part.

But nevertheless Mount Ararat was there?

The earth or mainland part of the planet was one piece of land. When the rain came in Noah's time, the rain only falled for 40 days without ceassing. Most of the water came from the opening of the deep, like a whomb opening and the water rushed out.

Who told you this stuff? Where’s that water now? Have you ever calculated how much water there would have to be? It’s not possible.

The water was on the earth for more than a year... covering the highest "hills" not the mountains...

Just tell me, how do you know how high a “hill” was? I mean this is important, isn’t it?

I remember the recent movie Godzilla, where the scientist is in one footprint of the giant monster, and he's been told to look at the foot print. He keeps asking... But, where is it? and all along, he was in it. But it was too big for him to see.

You seem to think that scientists are as stupid as a cheap movie… they are not.

You have to step back a lot more to see.

NO – you have to step away from this silly story of yours.

The formation of the mountain range is like pushing a carpet against the wall. Look at the direction of the mountain ranges and the direction the continents took from the middle ocean ridge.

Yes, and it was scientists who said that this was the truth, and it was uneducated Christians who opposed it.

Part of the grand plan of God, is that every believer in Christ would be not only forgiving their sins, making them perfect in the eyes of God, but to make them priest and reigning kings in his coming kingdom.

What’s the use of being a king when you’re dead?

That his why christian have a hope to be in heaven with Jesus Christ.

The thing about being dead is that no one comes back to say what it’s like – that’s because they are dead.

Not to play harp but to be in charge of the kingdom of God with Christ.

What! God can’t do the job without help from people like you? But you know nothing, you understand nothing and have already said that you can’t understand the God you are supposed to be “helping”.

Read the last one or two chapters of Revelation.

You mean the parts where Jesus kills one-third of the world’s population? Even Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot didn’t manage that.

If I'd get amputated or if my life would be a wreck, I would still be humble before God and praise his name. YHWH and his son, Jesus, the messiah, my king, my hope and redeemer.

And I would go to a doctor…

May you see how foolish you are being.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »
So everyone gets to be judged eh? What about people who have never heard of your god or Jesus? How are they to be judged? I wish you would think more before writing down such nonsense.

OK, fair enough... I could be wrong on this one, of course... but I would venture to says that as far as I see it, when the kingdom of God will be established for a thousand year (Rev. 24). Everyone alive then, would be able to choose weather they'll want to be a part of it or not. At the end of the thousand years reing of Christ, the bible shows that another war will be fought against the still remaining people standing against God. The rest of the dead, it is said, would be resurected at the end of the thousand years, that is, maybe at the same moment, the devil will be released from his thousand year captivity to gather a whole world against God for one more but final fight. Read Rev. 24. As far as the ones who did not hear the gospel, it is writin that God has not held it against them. You may argue, what about the unborn, etc. There's probably something for these case, but I'm not aware of it. I trust God for these details... I see I have to apologize for my poor English and mistakes... I'm french and I doing as best as I can to keep up...

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
What! God can’t do the job without help from people like you? But you know nothing, you understand nothing and have already said that you can’t understand the God you are supposed to be “helping”.

I don't think that it's a matter of weather of not he can, but the bible shows that it is part of his design that believers in Christ, who will remain faithful till the end will be raised to be with him, king and priest for Christ's God and father. I didn't invent it, it's how it's being described through the letters of Paul and the book of Revelation. For your other remarks, I can't answer all of them, and it would be pointless to try... But I'll try a couple... It is not mentioned to wait a thousand years, but it is mentioned to wait and be always ready, for that day will come as a thief in the night, and that lots who think are safe, will not necessarily be.

You might be interested in a website at drdino.com  who specialises in creationism.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
I was going to address some of your points...but you know...it just is not worth my time.  I can see your delusion is deep.  That's fine.  Just don't try to press it on others and live a happy life waiting for this monster god of yours to bring death and destruction to his creation.  What a messed up plan.  I could have done a better job of being a god in my sleep.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
I don't think that it's a matter of weather of not he can, but the bible shows that it is part of his design that believers in Christ, ...

Wait, which version of the plan? :-\

What happened to the first plan that just had Adam in it?
And then the revised plan with Eve in it?
And then God had to kill almost everyone except Noah and start over?
(It's always stuck me as kinda odd that God couldn't start fresh all over again - like zero base - he needed to save the genetics of humans and animals to start again.)
That plan didn't work either - so God had to kill himself to get attention.

Was Mohammed part of the plan?
And where does Mírzá Husayn-`Alí Núrí fit into the plan?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:07:07 PM by William »
Git mit uns

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +681/-3
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »
You might be interested in a website at drdino.com  who specialises in creationism.

Here in America, we call statements like that "projection". Which means that since you are interested in drdino.com, you think everyone else will be too.

We're not. We've heard it all. Excuse after excuse regarding creationist nonsense, which is all made up. But there isn't much of it, so we get the same old excuses every time.

We have found it literally impossible to have a discussion with a creationist because they can hear nothing we say, and not only that, they assume the information (if you define the word loosely enough) that they provide is obviously true. Even though the only thing they have to back it up is their hopes. No facts, no understanding of science or the physical world, no understanding of what can or can not be real, no understanding of anything other than feeble biblical excuses for everything that doesn't match.

We can usually figure out the source of any given theist's creationist beliefs based on which site they cut and pasted from. And they have to cut and paste because none of them have ever had an original thought from which to come up with new words. It is so sad.

Just because it is a new year doesn't mean we are ready for a new round of droll, thoughtless and boring discussions about such a meager set of excuses. Please spare us. Argue the bible all you want, but please don't bring house-trained dinosaurs into the discussion.

Now if you want to argue whether or not there was a flood, I'm fine with that. I'm collecting christian excuses about where the water came from, and there are so many. So anything new you can make up about that would be welcome.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »

Impossible que vous êtes vraiment si con que ça. Si oui, vos pauvres parents.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »
Hi...

My name is [name removed] and I'm a christian.

I was listening to a video posted on youtube.com about clever questions to ask christians...

I would agree that many if not most of the christian population would have a hard time having a satisfactory answer for your questions, even me, but you have to consider that in our view God is above our wisdom, and that his grand plan for the world is intended to heal and rid the world of these painful things. In the last chapter of the book of Revelation, this is mentioned as will not remember the things of the past and everything will be renewed.

When you talk about the efficiency of prayer, we are told by jesus that we should be ceasseless about asking God for certain needs. This truth is apparent in the parabole of the fish that a neibor needed from a friend in the middle of the night. By bothering and knocking of the neibor's door, he would eventualy answer the one knocking and asking. He also mentioned that before we even open our mouth, God already knows our needs. Therefore, not to repeat senseless words like a menthra.

Why doesn't God heal amputees and so on... Why is people starving, etc. As I mentioned before, you have to see the greater plan of God and understand that we, mankind, has chosen this path of life from Adam's time. We are painfully cultivating the fruits of our original choice. God has decided to bring us back from the very beginning, the very first chapter of our misbehavior and on, by showing that redemption would come.

Wow. I was going to correct your spelling and grammatical errors, but I thought I might be pouring it on a bit thick even before I get to my next comment.

When you mention about the flood covering the mount everest... You have to realise that mount everest didn't exist in that time. please re-read the chapters of creation up to the flood. You will notice that the there was probably little if not any rain at all on the earth. the water was comming out of the ground like dew in the morning.

Are you saying that morning dew comes out of the ground? If so, are you serious about that? You do realize that morning dew is not sourced from the ground, right? Please tell me that you had a basic physical sciences class in middle school ...

You will note also that there was only hills for the most part. The earth or mainland part of the planet was one piece of land. When the rain came in Noah's time, the rain only falled for 40 days without ceassing. Most of the water came from the opening of the deep, like a whomb opening and the water rushed out. The water was on the earth for more than a year... covering the highest "hills" not the mountains... This event created the continent separation, making a whole cataclismic destruction of the previous world. So much so, that when scientist are looking for signs of a flood, they are looking at the world with a very wrong scale.

No. Sadly, no. You didn't have a physical science class, nor were you properly graded in your English classes. Did you go to some baptist bible academy for your primary and secondary education? Or, were you like a sponge during the regular Sunday school and bible camp hazings?

I remember the recent movie Godzilla, where the scientist is in one footprint of the giant monster, and he's been told to look at the foot print. He keeps asking... But, where is it? and all along, he was in it. But it was too big for him to see. You have to step back a lot more to see.The formation of the mountain range is like pushing a carpet against the wall. Look at the direction of the mountain ranges and the direction the continents took from the middle ocean ridge.

I am sorry to tell you this, but you are a font of ridiculousness. I really feel sorry for you. Pity, even. You are so lacking in scientific knowledge that any 5th grader would giggle when she hears the stuff you are saying. Some things you say are partially correct, but only from a twisted perspective.

/*sigh*/

Um, okay.               Not.

We are not putting our faith in this world, no matter how much monney or opportunities are offered to us, but we look for the future reward that comes from our King Jesus.

So, if you prefer this world, it's your choice... The scriptures say, that the judgement is upon you as you refused to believe in the salvation of God through Jesus death and resurection.

You are in deep.

We really don't want to tax your abilities any further.

May you see the light through the hardship of life.

[name removed]

When I see the light coming from the other end of the tunnel, I will yell to let you know it's time to get out of the way.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 11:58:06 PM »
but to make them priest and reigning kings in his coming kingdom. That his why christian have a hope to be in heaven with Jesus Christ. Not to play harp but to be in charge of the kingdom of God with Christ.

what the flip?  People are going to be in charge of the kingdom with christ?  That sounds weirdly like a democracy.  Do you not understand what a kingdom is?  It precludes a collective group from being "in charge".  Your weird belief on this is not scriptural. 

I think your pretty wrong thinking I'm not scriptural about this... I'll give you the quotes... but first, you need to understand that Christ is the head of the church and that we are his "body", at the end, we will be together with him, ruling nations with a rod of iron. Pretty though, hein? but true nevertheless. The wisdom and power needed for such a task will flow down right from above, meaning straight from God, trough Christ, to us who reign with him. You only need to refer to his being one with his father. He said he does what he sees and hears from the father. And he wanted us to be one as he was one with God.

Ok, quotes... from an "unscriptural" christian. Lets see... Please, read them all.

1 Corinthians 4:8, 3:21-23, 6:3, 15:22,23
Revelation 2:26,27, 20:4

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +681/-3
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 12:17:39 AM »

Since there is no god, the details are unimportant.

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
When you mention about the flood covering the mount everest... You have to realise that mount everest didn't exist in that time. please re-read the chapters of creation up to the flood. You will notice that the there was probably little if not any rain at all on the earth. the water was comming out of the ground like dew in the morning.

Are you saying that morning dew comes out of the ground? If so, are you serious about that? You do realize that morning dew is not sourced from the ground, right? Please tell me that you had a basic physical sciences class in middle school ...

I was merely pointing at the description of the world before the flood, from the bible's viewpoint. You can check it yourself if you wish in Genesis chapter 2, verses 5 and 6. I just looked at it and it seems to describe a sort of vapor or mist coming out of the ground which provided watering of the ground. I'm sorry about this imprecision.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 12:36:59 AM »
I think your pretty wrong thinking I'm not scriptural about this... I'll give you the quotes... but first, you need to understand that Christ is the head of the church and that we are his "body", at the end, we will be together with him, ruling nations

If we're ruling with Christ, whom are we ruling?

with a rod of iron.

Sounds like the words used to describe a dictatorship.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 12:53:36 AM »
We will rules the nations, meaning the rest of the world unwilling to submit to the rulership of Christ... They will indeed still have a choice it seems... but I guess the penalties will be harsher if not fatal. We'll see, I guess...

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 01:01:25 AM »
We will rules the nations, meaning the rest of the world unwilling to submit to the rulership of Christ... They will indeed still have a choice it seems... but I guess the penalties will be harsher if not fatal. We'll see, I guess...

Isn't there this idea that non-believers goes to hell?

Seems like a depressing sort of kingdom.  Ruling over those you know will burn in a fire for all eternality.

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 01:11:24 AM »
Will it be a dictatorship? Yes and No... As far as I understand the bible, we will have quite some freedom to set systems up, economic or other, but only under strict rules of fairness, honesty and care for our neighbors. No one will be able to kill or steal without being caught and stopped. No one will drown, no one will die out of accidents. No war will be waged on anyone. But the bible clearly says that people will still die, but that they would be regarded as cursed, even though they would be 100 years old. This would indicate that for most, attaining that age would be considered normal during the thousand year reign of Christ. Therefore, not submitting to the rulership of Christ would be fatal in the end presumably.

Offline luclajoie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 01:23:01 AM »
About hell... I'll just say that non believers are condemned. To what exactly is a debated question and I'm not saying I have the last word on this subject at all. But as I read the pages of the bible, it seems to me that when the bible refers to a place where there will be grinding of teeth, it refers to the people being outside of the kingdom ruled nations... which will be in the dark, wailing and grinding their teeth at us, in the kingdom of God. they will understand there condemnation and will be all awaiting the final battle of Gog and Magog where even the devil will be cast in the lake of fire for a final destruction. Or everlasting death, that is without anymore hope of a resurection. It is also refered to as the second death, by jesus, if I recall. This is my own, personnal view and understanding of the thousand year reign of Christ... And I'm open to debate it. It's just my personnal understanding of it. So be forgiving.