Author Topic: Time for a little reversal...  (Read 1309 times)

keeta

Re: Time for a little reversal...
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »
so does being made in gods image as some think, not also include the moral fiber of said god? how we are is how god intended, correct?
god has never been a factor of power in my life, yet i'm a good person, upstanding citizen, never been to jail or had so much as even a parking ticket, i help others any chance i can, i'm loving, forgiving, non judgemental, generally non evil person..all without being threatened by what will happen to me after i die, if i'm not good, and following the rules in a book made up by man, translated and changed again, and again...
so with or without god...people are people and can still function in life without being 'saved' if  you will..

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Time for a little reversal...
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:13 AM »
So we know God's morality differs from ours - How do we know this?

Just read the Bible. YHWH does things he tells us not to do.

so does being made in gods image as some think, not also include the moral fiber of said god?

This is not a mirror. "Made in YHWH's image" doesn't mean we're exactly like him. We're similar in many ways, but radically different in others.

how we are is how god intended, correct?

Wrong. "Original sin" and all that? Not part of YHWH's plan.

god has never been a factor of power in my life, yet i'm a good person, upstanding citizen, never been to jail or had so much as even a parking ticket, i help others any chance i can, i'm loving, forgiving, non judgemental, generally non evil person..all without being threatened by what will happen to me after i die, if i'm not good, and following the rules in a book made up by man, translated and changed again, and again...
so with or without god...people are people and can still function in life without being 'saved' if  you will..

Very true.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.