Author Topic: Faux news claims Westboro Baptists are a left-wing cult  (Read 683 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: Faux news claims Westboro Baptists are a left-wing cult
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:05:09 AM »
Those lying fucktards. Have they no shame at all?
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +264/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »

Clearly they do not.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +689/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
Apparently Fred Phelps is a register democrat. That's all they needed.

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »
BwahahahaHAAA!!  :laugh: Thanks, One. I needed the endorphins in that laugh.

The WBC a left-wing cult; I'll be giggling for days.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:08:34 PM by wright »
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +689/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
Proof again that if all you do is spin the news you'll always be dizzy.

It never occurred to me to say "I show signs of dementia" on my resume, but I'll bet every Fox news anchor and writer said that on theirs. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten an interview, let alone the job.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Wow, that takes some great big swinging balls to call them a 'liberal' organization.  I mean... pretty far thats as far from 'liberal' as it gets.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
Apparently Fred Phelps is a register democrat. That's all they needed.

Spot on. That IS all they needed. I'm sure FOX is well aware that there are millions of christians who are also registered democrats, but they nitpick better than anyone.
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »
Fred problably left the political process a long time ago and reg as a dem early in life.  Now he is just bat ass crazy.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »
Yes, I am sure Fred Phelps voted Obama, the pro-gay rights Democrat President.  &) I'm probably still registered as a Christian somewhere, doesn't make it so.

Well, I shouldn't be surprised Fox would throw that one out, it was a matter of time. But then, you see this kind of thing from conservative sites.

I would by no means suggest that being Republican and being racist are mutual, but I would suggest that today many Republicans are bigots. There were republicans who have supported the rights for black people and of course, Abraham Lincoln himself was a republican. However, the principles of being a republican or a democrat are not based on civil rights issues or being conservative or liberal or being left or right wing. Essentially I would suggest the difference between Republican and Democrat is how the country is run, though arguably both parties rule as representative (rather than direct) democracies, which is what a republic is. But it seems in the US, 'Republican' has become synonymous with other traits and likewise being a democrat has become synonymous with others. Unfortunately Republicanism in the US has become very corrupt.

Today civil rights is more of a liberal democrat issue than a republican one, not to suggest democrats are the only ones who are concerned about civil rights. You just have the religious right representing the Republicans and many are bigoted and naturally feel that as the bible condemns things like homosexuality that it should be law. It's interesting that it was Thomas Jefferson, another republican, who talked about the separation of church and state, not something you'd expect a republican to say today. And of course the ideals of the Westboro Baptist Church are much closer to the religious right than liberals. If anything, the ideals of republicanism are against the social elite and aristocracy, and yet we have the republican party favouring the rich and making the Church elite.

So arguably, the terms 'republican' and 'democrat' have lost their meanings. The above and Fox's attacks are just petty attempts to get a one up. To be fair, there's liberals who do the same, but I think it's stupid to promote this level of ignorance. But hey, if you encouraged rational thinking and intelligence, then it's a lot harder to manipulate people's opinions.

But Fox are just feeding the crazy, because the crazy brings ratings. That's all the Murdock mafia cares about, you're talking about the same network that airs Family Guy and stands against everything it represents on its news channels.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 01:14:41 PM »
- Just a point of clarity- Jefferson was a member of the "Democratic Republicans", which is sometimes shortened to "Republican", but its not really an accurate description unless you call it "Jeffersonian Republican".
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

keeta

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 10:29:03 PM »
i just love that the bikers came to town just to make sure no one messed with those grieving...that's awesome..
i believe soldiers also did that somewhere that those feking WBC freaks were going to protest. how could they think that protesting at funerals is even a little bit ok?!? doesn't matter how the people died, the familys left behind don't need that shit.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »
Don't remember the town or when it was but the WBC woke up on the day they had planned to protest a military funeral and found that somehow the tires on their cars had gone flat.  Funny how that happens. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

keeta

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »
that's awesome nick...i love that...they deserve worse than that, but i'll take it! maybe we need to start protesting them, on their home ground..what's good for the goose eh?! wish i lived down south now...ehh..no i don't..lol

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »
hehehe fucktards is right
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)