Author Topic: Bill Gates and Polio  (Read 478 times)

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
Bill Gates and Polio
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »
Wow.  This is impressive. It's hard to believe that polio is such a huge problem in some places, but it's good to see a horrible godless bastard like Bill Gates leading the cause to eradicate polio from the planet forever. And in India, where there are over a billion people, there has, for two straight years, been NO new cases of polio. Mr. Gates has contributed well over $1.5 billion towards this cause, and is truly an incredible person for being able to cause so much good without God.

We always hear about religious charity as if that makes religion true or valuable, but seriously, this is one couple, Bill & Melinda Gates, almost single handedly sponsoring the utter elimination of a disease. Let's see religion do that, or anything nearly as good for humanity as that.

I suppose this is more irreligious news than religious news but I thought I would share it.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +793/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
Re: Bill Gates and Polio
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
But it is religious news. Maybe not in India, but it is in Pakistan, where last week seven aid workers were killed by the Taliban for distributing polio vaccine. Needless to say, that has brought the immunization program to a grinding halt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255970/Seven-Pakistan-aid-workers-murdered-new-polio-revenge-attack-Killings-blamed-Taliban-avenging-Osama-bin-Laden.html

Seems that they want their country founded on religious principals and hate it when people who are not them exist, let alone do things. Hmmm, sounds familiar.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »
Gee, I hope they are not requiring those shots.

Bill is a good man who has used his fortune to help a lot of people.  I just don't understand how he can do this without the morals of a good Christian upbringing behind him.  How can he possible care for anyone else.  I guess we will never know.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Bagheera

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 02:51:48 PM »
But it is religious news. Maybe not in India, but it is in Pakistan, where last week seven aid workers were killed by the Taliban for distributing polio vaccine. Needless to say, that has brought the immunization program to a grinding halt.

Is it religious news? Or something else?

CIA organised fake vaccination drive to get Osama bin Laden's family DNA

As part of extensive preparations for the raid that killed Bin Laden in May, CIA agents recruited a senior Pakistani doctor to organise the vaccine drive in Abbottabad, even starting the "project" in a poorer part of town to make it look more authentic, according to Pakistani and US officials and local residents.

C.I.A. Vaccine Ruse May Have Harmed the War on Polio
After the ruse by Dr. Shakil Afridi was revealed by a British newspaper a year ago, angry villagers, especially in the lawless tribal areas on the Afghan border, chased off legitimate vaccinators, accusing them of being spies.

Who would have thought that the CIA using polio distributions as an espionage tool leading to an unauthorized military action on foreign soil would result in reprisals against aid workers distributing polio vaccines?

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.  :-\

Is it worse than painting the Red Cross logo on a plane on its way to a bombing run? Or is it just getting the job done?

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +793/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:58:23 PM »

Is it religious news? Or something else?

CIA organised fake vaccination drive to get Osama bin Laden's family DNA

As part of extensive preparations for the raid that killed Bin Laden in May, CIA agents recruited a senior Pakistani doctor to organise the vaccine drive in Abbottabad, even starting the "project" in a poorer part of town to make it look more authentic, according to Pakistani and US officials and local residents.

C.I.A. Vaccine Ruse May Have Harmed the War on Polio
After the ruse by Dr. Shakil Afridi was revealed by a British newspaper a year ago, angry villagers, especially in the lawless tribal areas on the Afghan border, chased off legitimate vaccinators, accusing them of being spies.

Who would have thought that the CIA using polio distributions as an espionage tool leading to an unauthorized military action on foreign soil would result in reprisals against aid workers distributing polio vaccines?

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.  :-\

Is it worse than painting the Red Cross logo on a plane on its way to a bombing run? Or is it just getting the job done?

Well,, that does put a different light on the whole thing. Why is life to frickin' complex. Can't we just kill each other for simple reasons?
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
Simple reasons are for gang bangers, apparently.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.