Author Topic: what about the dinosaurs?  (Read 1602 times)

Online kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +425/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
Re: what about the dinosaurs?
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 04:39:23 AM »
DINOSAUR: "Thank you so much, Adam, for smearing your nasty butt-crack and scrotum-sweat on the back of my head, where I can't clean myself off.  I hope T-Rexes start eating meat soon,[1] 'cause you're about the right size for a nice snack."
 1. Why yes, Creationists do believe that T-Rexes were originally plant-eaters, 'cause Paul in the Book of Romans says that death came from "sin," which didn't happen until after Adam ate the... *Moment of Sudden Clarity* ...ADAM!  Noooo!  Reptile?  Tree?  And Fruit?  Badbadbadbad!  Climb down that mofo's neck and run away NOW!!!!
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

holydragon

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 03:29:20 AM »
whoa, i had never thought about this before.
totally mind blowing.
i starting to love this place more and more.

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:46 AM »
why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the bible...there is obvious evidence they actually existed, why were they left out? do christians actually believe dino's were made up by man like we believe god is made up by man? thoughts?

Sure, xtians know about dinosaurs. What's funny is they know they're extinct. I like to mention how they are extinct when I argue with born-agains and really love to mention how 99 percent -- 99 PERCENT-- of all creatures on this planet are also extinct. Looks like a pretty bad failure rate from the freak upstairs, eh? :D
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »
Someone mentioned up-thread a bit, that the term "dinosaur" didn't exist until the 19th century. I strongly suspect that when the bible was being written, they had evidence of large creatures unlike anything that they were familiar with. They would have come upon skeletal remains of these huge animals in preparing fields for planting, and in the absence of LIVE ones to study or compare the remains to, they simply made assumptions about what these creature were like, or could do. It's not difficult to imagine people drawing some incorrect conclusions; thus dragons, which we later understood to be dinosaurs. If they found a pterodactyl, then obviously dragons could fly... and of course they exist, because one of them died in Ebenezer's field just down the way, haven't you seen it?  ;D

"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
I was reading a story to my son (4 years old) last night and it was called "Boy" by James Mayhew and published by the Chicken House in NY. He must have a hidden agenda because the boy goes outside his family's cave and runs into a Sabertooth tiger and then a Woolly Mammoth. That is fine because they existed when people lived in caves. But then he runs into a Dinosaur which did not exist then. Not a word of apology either.
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 04:33:46 PM »
anthony_r, don't worry about it. See the label? Fiction. At least the dude is being honest.  :)

Because technically, little cave kids didn't speak english either. Stuff like that. Of course, neither did jc, but try telling that to white southerners.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!