Author Topic: Cause for complaint  (Read 1494 times)

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Cause for complaint
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
To all the people who found something bad to say about the truth I presented on the hell of the churches of men :

I had come to all 3 forums with good news & with many blessings. I had come to set you free from the hatred you rightfully had against organized religion & it's false doctrines. Yes, I had come with the truth. Yet in this forum, many of you have found cause for complaint. Yes, some of you even showed disgust towards the good news. Behold! You made little difference between the truth & the lie. You did not welcome it. You rejected it. The beauty of truth has been forgotten altogether! Therefore, this is what The Lord says(but not by me) :   

Preaching Deleted by moderator. I don't know what part of "No Preaching" you don't understand, but you might try to figure it out.

http://trumpetcallofgod.com/
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:27:13 PM by ParkingPlaces »
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Online Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: Cause for complaint
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
Do you ever wonder what's taking so long?
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »
Well If we're going to have so much preaching, maybe someone can start a hymn while I pass the offering plate.. &)

Shin, We only disrespect your god's message because we think you've made it up all in you own little head, and if not, then in the head of someone very similar. We would be very respectful if we were given enough real, unimpeachable evidence that any of it were true. Please realize that we have heard hundreds of wild claims about god and we as of yet see no reason to believe yours, it's not  personal.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:30:56 PM by Brakeman »
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
I love how Shin post the ramblings of some random dude on the internet like it is supposed to be special.  Of all the stuff you say that annoys me shin - this crap tops the charts by far.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
Hey God.  Stop talking like that.  This is the 21st century.  And "up Yours".  You have turned out to be a shitty God.  We are better off on our own...how worse can it get?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
Ooo watch out! We got a badass GAWD over here!

Offline Jontom10

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »
God sure is a whiny little bitch
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +74/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
Reported for forum rules violations. Enjoy your martyrdom, troll.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
Shin, you're pretty arrogant, aren't you?

The problem with the so called truth, it's all hot air and no substance. Anybody can say anything (wearing hats helps prevent men developing erectile dysfunction when they're older), but be prepared to back it up when people challenge it. Your attempt to back up the so-called 'truth' has been very poor. If it really IS the truth, then you've done a terrible job of delivering it, you've mostly employed a stance of egotism and arrogance, which is a horrible way to deliver the truth. So many before you have tried to deliver so many types of truths to us, but generally these are people who are prepared to preach but are never prepared to listen. That is your failing, rather than listen and engage as the forum rules promote, you've preferred to preach and back yourself with arrogance which the forum rules discourage. You're not the first to make this mistake and I doubt you'll be the last. Generally those wailing about "you won't listen to the truth" are those who have lost an argument but aren't prepared to accept it, at least this seems to be the case.

Of course, if you want to engage and want to be a positive member of the forums, there are those who I am sure who'd be willing to help point you in the right direction, you might not necessarily win all the arguments as it's not easy to change people's minds, but at least you can strengthen your own stances and give yourself more credibility and heck, maybe even educate.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »
C'mon SHIN, join the dark side!  You could be the new atheist evangelist!  God will never know what hit him.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +721/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
Listen to Seppuku, SHIN. Like I'm going to do when he tells me where to get one of those hats...
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +502/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »
To all the people who found something bad to say about the truth I presented on the hell of the churches of men :
Yes, all Churches are bollox - but so is the religion and so are all religions.

The minute you can get a few dead people to certify what heaven and hell are like, the sooner you'll be doing something positive towards "truth".
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
C'mon SHIN, join the dark side!  You could be the new atheist evangelist!  God will never know what hit him.

He's already said if the world doesn't end by 2014 he'll start to doubt, and if it doesn't by 2020 he'll "become a skeptic".  Sounds like a waste of time, but at least its something!!! lol
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 05:57:50 PM »
LOL, I'll think about that. &)

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
You should.  We have planted the seeds of doubt in your brain. They just need to sprout.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
LOL, I'll think about that. &)
Well, at least jetson got you to agree to start thinking.  ;D
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline Morgan

• Student
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Every night I wait for my sweet Selene...
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 03:56:48 AM »
If only we could get him to stop ignoring me in the other thread... :'( Oh well, baby steps.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:14 AM »
SHIN, I think you are being a bit unfair with us. I hope you can see what I mean once I explain.

WE do not assert that there is a hell. Therefore WE do not ACTUALLY believe that people are tortured forever. It seems that at least in regards to the latter you and the atheists agree, in a sense.

However, it can't possibly escape your notice that the overwhelming majority of people who identify as Christians DO believe that hell is in fact a place of eternal torture. It seems to be the prevailing belief in Christianity. You can't overlook this. It has been preached in churches for over a thousand years, and whether or not it is the One True Christian Truth, it is what most believers believe and churches teach. This belief has been used to terrorize an uncountable number of children and ignorant people, and is contemptible for that reason. Again, it seems that at least to some extent, we also agree on this. However, your basis of objection is solely "That's not true!". Our objection is that it is EVIL.

Now, you assure us that YOUR version of the Christian God is a kinder, gentler Jesus, who doesn't send you into a lake of fire forever, he just sends you there once, and your soul is roasted out of existence. See? What a nice guy! And the only thing that makes any difference is whether or not you accept Jesus to be your savior.

I honestly don't know how you think that this sick and twisted and evil alternative is a GOOD one. It could perhaps be argued that it is a BETTER one, kind of like the rapist who says " I won't rape you forever, just this once. Aren't I a nice guy?". I don't mean to offend any victims of sexual abuse, but merely mean to demonstrate the type of wickedness that SHIN is offering to us as "salvation". And SHIN doesn't even notice the inherent selfishness and callousness of the whole deal. By PRAISING the death of an innocent man, you can gain eternal life. I don't see how a God who deliberately invents such a sadistic and masochistic system in order to appease his own bruised ego can possibly be considered worthy of worship, let alone good or moral in any form. Can someone please explain to me how or when "Satan"  has done anything worse than this?

SHIN, I think you can realize that there is just no POINT in your arguing with us about hell at this point. Regardless of whether or not you or the billions of other Christians who disagree with you are right, the system you people offer us is disgusting, immoral, an insult to human dignity and is inhibiting the progress of our species, just as religious believe HAS ALWAYS DONE. It serves to motivate people to slaughter others like in Rwanda where Catholic leaders encouraged and in some cases even oversaw the massacres that occurred there. I know you are not a Catholic (Thank God, right? ;) ) , but your level of self righteous fervor is precisely the same. The afterlife alternative that you offer is still an evil one, and it is therefore on that basis that we reject it too.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:36 AM »
I love how Shin post the ramblings of some random dude on the internet like it is supposed to be special.  Of all the stuff you say that annoys me shin - this crap tops the charts by far.

It doesn't annoy but makes me feel sorry for the guy. He actually believes all this copy/pasting works. Who's going to tell him

1. We've seen it all before?

And

2. It doesn't work?

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
SHIN, I think you are being a bit unfair with us. I hope you can see what I mean once I explain.

WE do not assert that there is a hell. Therefore WE do not ACTUALLY believe that people are tortured forever. It seems that at least in regards to the latter you and the atheists agree, in a sense.

However, it can't possibly escape your notice that the overwhelming majority of people who identify as Christians DO believe that hell is in fact a place of eternal torture. It seems to be the prevailing belief in Christianity. You can't overlook this. It has been preached in churches for over a thousand years, and whether or not it is the One True Christian Truth, it is what most believers believe and churches teach. This belief has been used to terrorize an uncountable number of children and ignorant people, and is contemptible for that reason. Again, it seems that at least to some extent, we also agree on this. However, your basis of objection is solely "That's not true!". Our objection is that it is EVIL.

Now, you assure us that YOUR version of the Christian God is a kinder, gentler Jesus, who doesn't send you into a lake of fire forever, he just sends you there once, and your soul is roasted out of existence. See? What a nice guy! And the only thing that makes any difference is whether or not you accept Jesus to be your savior.

I honestly don't know how you think that this sick and twisted and evil alternative is a GOOD one. It could perhaps be argued that it is a BETTER one, kind of like the rapist who says " I won't rape you forever, just this once. Aren't I a nice guy?". I don't mean to offend any victims of sexual abuse, but merely mean to demonstrate the type of wickedness that SHIN is offering to us as "salvation". And SHIN doesn't even notice the inherent selfishness and callousness of the whole deal. By PRAISING the death of an innocent man, you can gain eternal life. I don't see how a God who deliberately invents such a sadistic and masochistic system in order to appease his own bruised ego can possibly be considered worthy of worship, let alone good or moral in any form. Can someone please explain to me how or when "Satan"  has done anything worse than this?

SHIN, I think you can realize that there is just no POINT in your arguing with us about hell at this point. Regardless of whether or not you or the billions of other Christians who disagree with you are right, the system you people offer us is disgusting, immoral, an insult to human dignity and is inhibiting the progress of our species, just as religious believe HAS ALWAYS DONE. It serves to motivate people to slaughter others like in Rwanda where Catholic leaders encouraged and in some cases even oversaw the massacres that occurred there. I know you are not a Catholic (Thank God, right? ;) ) , but your level of self righteous fervor is precisely the same. The afterlife alternative that you offer is still an evil one, and it is therefore on that basis that we reject it too.
Uuuhhhmmm... there's nothing I an say to that :P nice post.

Except for the rapist analogy thingy... :P

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »

It doesn't annoy but makes me feel sorry for the guy. He actually believes all this copy/pasting works. Who's going to tell him

1. We've seen it all before?

And

2. It doesn't work?

-Nam
It might not work, but I'm pretty sure you hadn't seen it before. Tell me of one person that has ever been here that knew about trumpetcallofgod.com

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »

Nothing you can say to that? So you agree that your belief system is in fact evil? <checkmate>
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »

Nothing you can say to that? So you agree that your belief system is in fact evil? <checkmate>
No. It just means that there is nothing I can say. What do you want me to say?

PS : I never get checkmated buddy.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
Shin,

I've researched and found that the "Prophet" you speak of is named Timothy Rathbun.

Is this him?

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/NY21231/Timothy-Rathbun.html
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »

Well you could start by explaining why you have an evil belief system.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
It might not work, but I'm pretty sure you hadn't seen it before. Tell me of one person that has ever been here that knew about trumpetcallofgod.com

I think you misunderstand, whether someone has been to that specific website or not is immaterial, we've seen virtually ALL the arguments for the existence of god(s).

The chances of whatever link you post bringing something new to the debate are so incredibly small that if you can't be bothered to put it in a nutshell in your own words then it is incredibly unlikely anyone is going to click on it; especially if it is just going to be more preaching like so much of the stuff in faux KJV language you have bothered to cut and paste.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »
Shin,

I've researched and found that the "Prophet" you speak of is named Timothy Rathbun.

Is this him?

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/NY21231/Timothy-Rathbun.html
LOL, no.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »

Well you could start by explaining why you have an evil belief system.
It's just a matter of perspective. To me & other millions around the world it's not evil. To you it's evil. There's nothing to argue about :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:15:22 AM by SHIN KAIRI »

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +721/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »

What would our impetus be to go to yet another believer site that presents the same material in some new way? We don't believe, and even if he is real and the site is real, an omnipotent being spreading his word via pdf's doesn't impress.

The trouble with truth is that it is never convenient. You can't google it the way you can the term "Jesus" and get trillions of hits. Because of that, making stuff up is apparently easier for billions. In the day-to-day life of the average person, being mistaken about gods generally doesn't matter. Until one starts whopping others over the head for not believing in the right one. But look at that word "belief". Look at the word "faith". Each excuses all the holes in whichever story one is listening to. Christians have it. Hindus have it. Muslims have it. Those requirements are the only consistency in religion. And it isn't coincidental that those requirements are the only consistency required. Because once one has both faith and belief, the battle is won. The religion has the person under its thumb. And bragging about it.

Any religion, and believer, can make up anything and as long as it doesn't contradict other made up stories too badly, as long as it adds to the narrative rather than instilling doubt, it will work. In the cases of christianity, those who have come before you have managed to conjure up tens of thousands of variations and except for the christian/catholic duels, little harm has been done. So along come someone who knows how to design a web site from 1997 and distribute pdf's and you get tickled pink.

All we see is the same old thing in a slightly different wrapper. The content is irrelevant. Before we start reading the specifics, we need a general reason to accept the christian (or any other religions) story. And we atheists haven't seen that yet.

Because all religion offers is words. It is all just words. Whether on parchment or the computer screen, it is all just words. And they don't match reality at all.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.