Author Topic: Cause for complaint  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Cause for complaint
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
It just baffles me that Shin buys into some random dude on the internet.  I mean, I know people are gullible about what they want to believe, but this kind of stuff takes an extra leap of faith to buy into.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
We see it as a leap of faith. They see it as a one-size-fits-all chasm. That they can't tell is full of dung.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
It just baffles me that Shin buys into some random dude on the internet.  I mean, I know people are gullible about what they want to believe, but this kind of stuff takes an extra leap of faith to buy into.

I watched the David Koresh stuff from Waco last night.  Those people considered David their god.  Sad.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »
To all the people who found something bad to say about the truth I presented on the hell of the churches of men :

I had come to all 3 forums with good news & with many blessings....

This "Bible" that you keep going on about.....we'd never heard of it before, you know.  The stories about your god were all brand new to us, we'd never encountered the Christian faith before.

/sarcasm.

Shin, NONE of your links and preachings are anything new to us.  We've seen and herd it all before, and you've brought nothing new to the table. 

Simply turning up and saying "hey, hear this!" will win you precisely zero converts.  What perhaps WOULD win you some disciples - or, at least, some respect, would be ifffff you ever proved able to follow up any initial Glurge with a reasoned dialogue.  But in the umpteen threads you've dived into, I've yet to see this happen.

If you really want your messages taken seriously, drop the scatter-gun approach and frivolous non-answers.  Pick a thread or two and actually spend some time thinking and engaging in a meaningful way with the people here.

If you HONESTLY want to win hearts and souls for your god, then that's what you need to do.  Or you can keep things preachy and superficial, convince absolutely nobody, and be out of here in a couple weeks.  I suppose it all depends what is more important to you - teasing the heathens so you can feel superior, or actually trying to bring people to your god.

Your choice Shin.  I wonder what you'll go for?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »
I mean, I know people are gullible about what they want to believe, but this kind of stuff takes an extra leap of faith to buy into.
U mean like the theory of evolution? :P

Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
Shin, NONE of your links and preachings are anything new to us.  We've seen and herd it all before, and you've brought nothing new to the table. 
Sure...

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »
SHIN...have your God cure an amputee and I'll be right there with you.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
Theory of evolution? There's a good one SHIN. Can you, in your usual brief style, tell us why it is so wrong? We don't expect that you'll need more than three or four words to trash the whole of science, but so far we've been concentrating on the religion side of the coin. I'm going to start a thread in the "Evolution and Creationiism" section so that we don't hijack this thread. Any cutting and pasting you can do to enlighten us will be appreciated.

You'll find the thread here:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,24232.msg539245.html#msg539245
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
He´s not going to tell anything, cause he has nothing valuable to say. He posts some stuff, adds two or three comments nobody gets and that´s it. The rest of us tries to get him into discussion, but that´s not what he wants. Maybe he thinks he torments our souls with his posts but I´m only bored to the max.
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »
Very true, but he's all we've got right now. They come and go. At times things are much more exciting. At others, much less.

It is strange what some of us will do out of boredom.

Offline mhaberling

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-8
  • I could write some personal text here...
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
I like shin... What he lacks in good argumentation he more than makes up for in enthusiasim!

Edit... Shandi that's a great signature
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
I like shin... What he lacks in good argumentation he more than makes up for in enthusiasim!

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
I mean, I know people are gullible about what they want to believe, but this kind of stuff takes an extra leap of faith to buy into.
U mean like the theory of evolution? :P

And as I have said on at least three occasions, any time you want to have that discussion I am willing. Creationism does not have a scientific leg to stand on, and if you had one intellectually honest bone in your body you would see that. You know that I have nothing against you personally shin, but damn do you say some dumb shit.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 01:45:08 AM »
If you really want your messages taken seriously, drop the scatter-gun approach and frivolous non-answers.  Pick a thread or two and actually spend some time thinking and engaging in a meaningful way with the people here.

If you HONESTLY want to win hearts and souls for your god, then that's what you need to do.  Or you can keep things preachy and superficial, convince absolutely nobody, and be out of here in a couple weeks.  I suppose it all depends what is more important to you - teasing the heathens so you can feel superior, or actually trying to bring people to your god.

Your choice Shin.  I wonder what you'll go for?

Sure...

Fair nough then - you're not interested in actually discussion, just trolling and flip answers.  Like Garja says, if you ever want a proper discussion, I'm more than ready.  But until you show some interest in having one, I'm done with you. 

You simply aren't worth any more of my time.

And just think.....maybe your attitude here was the tipping point that finally prevented me from finding your god!  How do you think your god will feel about that?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?