Author Topic: Hell? A place of eternal torture forever? NO.  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
Re: Hell? A place of eternal torture forever? NO.
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2012, 01:10:15 AM »
Shin: when someone is with Yahweh in heaven, is it possible for them to sin? 
No.

Think carefully before you answer.
No need...

So....there is a state that a soul can be in where it is impossible for it to sin.  And yet, presumably, in heaven, we are not stripped of free will, nor feel constrained by feeling forced to love.

If the state is acheivable, then we could have been created in that exact state - and therefore, as I've said, the only reason for us NOT to have been is the ego-stroke for Yahweh.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »
Guys, these discussions with Shin are really boring and meaningless. He talks bullshit and has no idea what he is talking about. He doesn´t get that being an atheist means don´t even care about stuff like heaven and hell etc. What´s his goal? trying to get everyone here to become a believer? Waste of time. Have a serious discussion? He doesn´t even answer right. Just leave him alone with his believes and his god.
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
His sig line of "making atheists cry......" I guessis supposed to be some kind of boast - but given the way he seems unable to answer questions other than with rote response - or maybe even to understand the questions at all - I suspect all the atheists he has ever met have ended up just crying in frustration as he lets loose another platitudinous non sequiteur.

The sad thing is he probably regards that as a positive trait for his god, rather than an unwillingness to consider the harder questions of his faith.  Sometimes I wish Afadly would come back - sure, he was just as mental, but at least he had a good stab at a debate.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »
A timely addition to youtube:

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
^ Not really... :P
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »
Shin,
What do you make of these claims by other christians that god speaks to?

Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
^ I have seen them all. As the attempts that evolutionists make to try & disprove the existence of God, so are those claims made by self-proclaimed christians who do not want to keep the Law & highly regard the false doctrines of the churches of men they are in.

Remember the days of old. The true prophets were always met with many false accusations & much persecution. Surely, there is nothing new under the sun. But soon, all will see, the great wonders these 144.000 will do in the sight of men. Proclaiming Messiah to be the source of their power. Soon, all the peoples will know that a prophet had been among them.

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »
Shin,

What about this guy?

http://ttruthalwaysprevails.blogspot.com/2011/12/surprising-background-info-on-false.html

In this post a former follower claims that your prophet does demand tithes from his followers. Have you given money to him?

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
Shin,

Did you have to separate from any friends or family or give money to this man because he said so?

The main requirements of "trumpet call of god" is that followers and members "separate"-CUT OFF ALL CONTACT from *anyone* who won't accept and belive Timothy's letters as "the word of God",this includes *family and friends. They must only communicate with fellow members. They are also FORBIDDEN to attend church because according to Timothy "all churches and their doctrines now belong to satan" and only HIS "gospel" is the "truth". (This makes the indoctrination process easier).

Violating any of Timothy's "rules" such as attending church, not separating from friends and/or family often results in EXPULSION from the group ("the lord's banquet table"), if he cannot exercise complete control over you, you are thrown out.

Now "trumpeters" will often reference and twist Scripture to justify this(separating from loved ones), but the Bible never commands anyone to "separate" from fellow believers! The irony...
http://ttruthalwaysprevails.blogspot.com/2011/12/damaging-testimonies-of-past-members-of.html

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
It's all fake. Please stop bothering me with that. I have done more research than you to know if he was the real deal or not. No, I have never given him money. No, noone has given him money that I know of. & finally, if he did in fact, one day, ask us to tithe, I would immediatly declare him as a false prophet. Period.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
There is nothing u can show me discrediting that dude that I haven't already seen.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +685/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »
Go easy on him folks. We don't want SHIN to end up feeling the way I did when I found out this was fake.

Disappointment hurts.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
There is nothing u can show me discrediting that dude that I haven't already seen.
So explain to us why these people who were in the group left and now discredit him?
Wouldn't they know? Why would they lie about it if they have seen the same letters from god that you have? Does it make sense that they could unbelieve something that was truly real and god spoken?

Here's another:
   Amy Davey    06 Jul 2011
This is a wonderful article, and full of truth though I do have to admit that it hurt a little when you mentioned that people who fall for these deceivers are those who are not grounded in the word of God (but I know sometimes truth hurts). About a year ago, I belonged to a little known cult under a false prophet named ‘Timothy’ (real name Speed) Rathbun. I had faithfully read my bible at 5am every day before I joined for the 5 years after I was born again. I was a devout Christian (and still am), but I have recently realized that by allowing me to go through that God has magnified for me the weaknesses in my faith and I believe that he will work to strengthen those areas. I found out that I had unknowingly been harboring a distorted view of God where I saw the need to constantly strive to do better in order to maintain his favour. The distorted view may have come from past experiences in my childhood which were so deeply ingrained that I didn’t really see them at all. I wish I didn’t but I can understand how people can fall for the lies, it’s almost like the scripture and lies fit with the distorted view we have and so it “makes sense”. After being in the group a while of course I just believed everything the prophet told us, I didn’t really question it and if I did I felt horrible as if I had doubted God himself. We were also taught that the bible was misinterpreted and so God was setting things straight through this prophet. It is terrible that this can happen to people, but I would have told you I was a very faith filled Christian before I fell for this and I loved walking with and getting to know God. I think a lot of us don’t really know we have those kind of distorted views and how they can really taint our thinking when we read scripture, and when someone preys on that it makes the gap even wider. I hope that many people read this article (I kind of wish I had beforehand), but I really hope people don’t judge those in these groups because though they maybe should have been more grounded in the word, it is easier to stand on the outside and say ‘it wouldn’t be me standing there’ than to actually be put in that position. Satan can be a very crafty deceiver; I truly hope we will all pray for those who are caught in the deception.

Why do you think she is deceived and that you aren't? What could you know that she doesn't?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:18:52 PM by Brakeman »