Author Topic: Why is God so quiet in modern times?  (Read 2276 times)

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +771/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Why is God so quiet in modern times?
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
God has been a bit more quiet during these 2000 bcz his people(jews) rejected Jesus. Yes He obviously knew they would reject Him, but He still had to show us how angry He was with the decision to kill His Son. They had rejected the Light & therefore The Light rejected them until 1948 when Israel became a nation again in one day! Just as it was prophecied :
You catholics are providing the latter.
?? Nobody's catholic here my friend. Better luck next time

Well, its good to know that that's the only thing you disagreed with. I guess everything else I wrote was absolutely correct. That makes me feel so good to have your approval on the rest of my post.

You were raised catholic. You act catholic. I think my mistake was natural.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
God has been a bit more quiet during these 2000 bcz his people(jews) rejected Jesus. Yes He obviously knew they would reject Him, but He still had to show us how angry He was with the decision to kill His Son. They had rejected the Light & therefore The Light rejected them until 1948 when Israel became a nation again in one day! Just as it was prophecied :
No. No. & no. LOL. Three nos... u must be disappointed. :P
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
how do you act?

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +771/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »

HAHAHAHA. You're such a joker. I should have known that when you said you were raised catholic, you were just fooling around with us, like you are about everything else.

You know, when you posted this:

No but are you a catholic now? Idc about your upbringing. I too was raised catholic. What are you now? was the question...

You're so funny SHIN. Telling us stuff that isn't true just for laughs. I assume everything else you've said is also just for laughs. I thought you were supposed to make us cry. Keep it up. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »
^ I wasn't exactly raised up a catholic. I did go once a month or less to the nearest catholic church & it was always for show... My parents don't believe in anything I think... I never got baptized catholic nor did I do any of their stupid ceremonies(confession, etc...) So, the most accurate thing would be to say that I was raised agnostic.

Next time I'll choose my words more carefully. :P

Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »
Jackwagons.

Lets do a documentary on this same premise.

We get a time machine and go back and from a distance we record in hi def all the goings on back in those days. So much fun to see what really  batch of looneys we wold find. Sell that to a studio. Right. Cloud 9.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 05:54:30 AM »
Yes He obviously knew they would reject Him, but He still had to show us how angry He was with the decision to kill His Son.

Question.  If Yahweh's people had done what he WANTED them to do - to see the light and follow Jesus and NOT kill him - what would have happened to the world? 

You ignored ParkingPlaces question, so I'll repeat it for you:

If Jesus had died in his sleep at age 85 after a long and wonderful life, would he have died for our sins?

If Yahweh's people had NOT angered him, and chosen to follow Jesus, would they ultimately have condemned the whole wold to damnation because Jesus would have been unable to die and take on everyone's sin?

You'll excuse me if I don't see their actions as a vital and necessary part of Yahweh's plan for the world, and why I struggle to see why he hates them for taking the exact actions he wanted them to take.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 06:57:59 AM »
I think Jesus would have become some rich recluse living apart from the rest of us.  He has to know what was going to happen and be invented.  Hell, He could be rich off the stock market alone.  This Jesus story has so many holes in it.  Whom ever put it together sure did not think this whole thing thru or never intended for it to be taken as historical.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!