Author Topic: Would A Good God Allow Such Evil?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Would A Good God Allow Such Evil?
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »
Newtown Tragedy: Would A Good God Allow Such Evil?

"Remember that God's own son died a violent death," Martin says. Jesus died horribly ... but there is no easy answer — there is no adequate answer — to this question which theologians call the Mystery of Evil."

What is evil about god wanting his little cherubs so that he can turn the into angels? God must have sent Adam Lanza to help him boost the angel ranks.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Bagheera

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
Re: Would A Good God Allow Such Evil?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:05:55 AM »

"Remember that God's own son died a violent death," Martin says. Jesus died horribly ... but there is no easy answer — there is no adequate answer — to this question which theologians call the Mystery of Evil."

What is evil about god wanting his little cherubs so that he can turn the into angels? God must have sent Adam Lanza to help him boost the angel ranks.

It is so difficult for some to go from "Why would a good god allow this" to "a non-existent god certainly would".

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:11:43 AM »

It is so difficult for some to go from "Why would a good god allow this" to "a non-existent god certainly would".
Bingo...we have a winner.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
Oh please... not another "school-shooting/why would God allow it" thread...

Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
Be my guest. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Bagheera

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
Oh please... not another "school-shooting/why would God allow it" thread...

These types of sentiments are the province of believers. Atheists like myself are usually the ones holding those comments up to the light of day, trying to get believers to recognize the statement for what it is; a small step towards understanding how incompatible their notion of all-knowing all-powerful all-merciful biblegod is with the real world.

If you can convince believers to stop saying stuff like this, we'll all be happier.

In fact, while you're at it maybe you can put the kibosh on "This happened because God isn't allowed in schools" too. That'd be swell.