Author Topic: Audacious Biblical Claims  (Read 539 times)

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
Audacious Biblical Claims
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »

Jeremiah 9:23-24 reads as follows:

This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone:
that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!"

In the wake of how the Connecticut massacre has given us yet another reminder of just how unloving, cold, evil, and unjust existence oftentimes is; how is it that so many can still cling to a concept of an all powerful personal god that loves us? The reality we share speaks against such a concept being true.

#readingthistextmadememadtoday

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Audacious Biblical Claims
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:05 PM »
a bible is self evident just as reality is self evident.
just slip that word 'the' in there and blam sucker... err believer.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »
none, you should be a mod. No srsly, I really think u should be a mod. It would be alot more fun. They should consider giving you that position. In fact, if they were fair, they would also put a theist as a mod too. At least one. Me for example. I think if we runned this shit together, it would be much more amusing.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »
I humbly submit the entire book of Isaiah as an example of Audacious Bible Claims.

Once we're done trashing that one, we can move on to Leviticus. I'm throwing a party tomorrow night just in case the world ends, so that's all I expect to have time for.  ;D
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »
none, you should be a mod. No srsly, I really think u should be a mod. It would be alot more fun. They should consider giving you that position. In fact, if they were fair, they would also put a theist as a mod too. At least one. Me for example. I think if we runned this shit together, it would be much more amusing.
Now that is funny.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
Jesus was a carpenter...that is Audacious....Born a king.......disappears for 30 years turns from a carpenter into a Messiah....what happened to him being born a Messiah? those 30 missing years are puzzling to say the least.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:22:59 PM »
Jesus was a carpenter...that is Audacious....Born a king.......disappears for 30 years turns from a carpenter into a Messiah....what happened to him being born a Messiah? those 30 missing years are puzzling to say the least.

And completely absent form the holy book of him.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
^^^ Christopher Moore wrote a book that explains where he was. It's called "Lamb". Totally worth finding and reading.  ;D
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »
^^^ Christopher Moore wrote a book that explains where he was. It's called "Lamb". Totally worth finding and reading.  ;D

Read it, loved it.  Indeed, it even sounded completely plausible!  ha ha

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
 According to his childhood friend Biff......hilarious
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)