Author Topic: check out this "prophet" [#2704]  (Read 463 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
check out this "prophet" [#2704]
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »
This "prophet" has a doctor declare that he cured a person of AIDS https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=24zcfsGGbV0 you have to be kidding me how could the doctor agree to such a thing? How much did you think he paid the doctor to declare that the person had no more AIDS?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: check out this "prophet" [#2704]
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »
Easy to say because like cancer the question always remains.  Let this guy try an amputee.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:02:49 PM »
well this guy claimed to heal an amputee on this page... http://www.repentandpreparetheway.org/crbst_7.html  go to the 15th photo on the first gallery see some of his miracles...

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »
That page has possible the worst navigation I have ever seen on a website.  Could you not paste links to the images here?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 02:01:56 AM »
Same as with Father Damien ... oh, sorry, it's Saint Damien of Molokai these days ... he got a promotion.

The first miracle attributed to him was a woman in Hawaii. She goes to the doctor, doctor says, "sorry, you've got cancer."
Woman goes home and chants to a whole host of dead people.
Doctor realises he mixed some test results up. Damn, he goes, if I just come out and admit it, she'll sue the hell out of me! But wait ... she's religious, right?
Woman comes back in for follow up test. Doctor goes, you're cured! It's a miracle!
Meanwhile, in the Vatican they're trying to find a way to boost the popularity of the church in Belgium. Hey, let's throw them a saint!
So, an investigator goes off to Hawaii and what does he find? The doctor 'lost' the original test results (but he still has every other test result from the past two decades). But the latests test from this woman is clean ... Close enough! It's a miracle! (and conveniently the 'host of dead people' got narrowed down to Father Damien ... conveniently a Belgian)

Why would doctors trash their reputation, confirming a fake miracle? To cover their asses ... for money ... because someone told them 'we know where your kids go to school' ... because he is a Liar For Christ? A single doctor just saying so, without proof to back him up, means absolutely nothing.

Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
how could the doctor agree to such a thing? How much did you think he paid the doctor to declare that the person had no more AIDS?
Not a lot - the current rate for a bribe for a doctor in Kenya is about $200.

It is an interesting video though (and there's a whole series of them). It gives an insight into a primitive society's view of gods - it must have been very similar to the credulity of OT peasants - they were easy to convince and powerful people could bribe anyone to say anything.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”