Author Topic: Scientists found JESUS's true face in 2010!  (Read 1155 times)

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Scientists found JESUS's true face in 2010!
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »
OMG I forgot all about POE!

You've all been had.

SHIN, continuing to pretend you are a complete idiot / crazy person will meet with consequences, as it is a form of trolling and, thus, unacceptable on this forum. When you signed up, you agreed to participate in good faith.

Furthermore, it might be a good idea to apologize for the deception.
What are u talking about? What trolling? Is this for real? I am participating in good faith. Stop ganking up on me bcz I'm the only theist here. Gee.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
It's got nothing to do with whether you are a theist or anything else.
It is to do with not backing up your BS and just posting in spite of it.
Cite your sources.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
SHIN is not on full moderation. Please allow time for his posts to be approved by an adult.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
OMG I forgot all about POE!

You've all been had.

I'm unable to discern the difference between deliberate stupidity and natural stupidity.

I have not read a single creationist site where they didn't start making horrendous mistakes within a few sentences, making you think that the writer is either a lying scumbag, or a complete turkey. But, they are all brainwashed the same way, so they just copy bad arguments from each other.

From the site : http://creation.com/its-not-science

Anti-creationists, such as atheists by definition, commonly object that creation is religion and evolution is science. To defend this claim they will cite a list of criteria that define a ‘good scientific theory’. A common criterion is that the bulk of modern day practising scientists must accept it as valid science. Another criterion defining science is the ability of a theory to make predictions that can be tested. Evolutionists commonly claim that evolution makes many predictions that have been found to be correct. They will cite something like antibiotic resistance in bacteria as some sort of ‘prediction’ of evolution, whereas they question the value of the creationist model in making predictions. Since, they say, creation fails their definition of ‘science’, it is therefore ‘religion’, and (by implication) it can simply be ignored.

This article probably starts going off the rails around where I redded it.

In case SHIN actually bothers to read this, the reason that the article is going off the rails at this point, is because creationists have made no attempt to set up their own peer review process, because their own hypothesis has no consistency that any of them will agree to. The article fails to mention this.

The rest of the article is almost valid satire/polemic, but it makes a few fatal mistakes.

It creates two classes of science: "Operational" and "Historical". It then implies that evolution and cosmology fit totally into the "historical" science category. Let's go with that, because he soon contradicts himself.

It then says that evolution has been falsified because : Contrary to evolutionists’ expectations, breeding experiments reach limits; change is not unlimited.

Having just put evolution into the historical category, we would not expect to see breeding causing "unlimited" changes, because real change takes thousands of years, and cannot be done by breeding, because breeding does not cause mutations.

He then raises the lame duck : there is the profound absence of the many millions of transitional fossils that should exist if evolution were true

What's he saying here? There are none? Or, is he saying that there is a profound absence of millions? Is this a new scientific term? I don't know how we could have millions of transitional fossils, unless... wait.. every fossil you dig out of the ground, is actually a transitional fossil.

The final skid off the rails, comes with:  "So, Darwinism never predicted anything, it was modified to accommodate the observations. In fact, because Darwinism is so malleable as to accommodate almost any conceivable observation, ...."

Whilst there is an element of truth to this, it fails to acknowledge that these "any conceivable observations" are all nicely fitting a scheme that was mapped out in the early days of paleontology, and nothing terribly surprising is coming out of the ground. It all comes out of strata of the correct ages.

If I was a creationist, then nearly everything I dug out of the ground would be a big surprise, that in no way fitted my theory. Dinosaur? Hmmm.... Coal swamp 3km below ground with river bed ontop of it? Hmmm...

If I was a creationist, then I'd be looking for something that didn't fit the theory, rather than flying lame ducks, and contributing nothing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:27:19 PM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
I think SHIN KAIRI is mistaken... and here is the PROOF.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

He had long hair, but not that long :P

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »

I predict a knock out but Jesus will get back up on the 3rd day.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
^

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 09:04:15 PM »

Pssh, I know right, that would just be preposterous!  &)
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »

Pssh, I know right, that would just be preposterous!  &)

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 06:59:30 AM »
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life... :P

Good luck.

Blessings

BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

Shin, you remind me of those who swing by my desk and say, "Hi! 2 plus 2 equals 5! Jesus told me! And I saw it on YouTube!" Then I show you how we count with my fingers, pencils, chairs, maybe even candy (if you're good) and then you say, "I don't care of proof reviewed by millions! Jesus and YouTube told me!" Then your fingers go in the ears and you run away singing some violent xtian lullaby.

:D :D :D

P.S. - Thank you for the new quote for my sig!
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »
I didn't scoop the sig up because I thought  it is impossible for anyone to utter such a thing. I still think it's a show. No one can be that ignorant.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life... :P

Good luck.

Blessings

BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

Shin, you remind me of those who swing by my desk and say, "Hi! 2 plus 2 equals 5! Jesus told me! And I saw it on YouTube!" Then I show you how we count with my fingers, pencils, chairs, maybe even candy (if you're good) and then you say, "I don't care of proof reviewed by millions! Jesus and YouTube told me!" Then your fingers go in the ears and you run away singing some violent xtian lullaby.

:D :D :D

P.S. - Thank you for the new quote for my sig!
lol in case u didn't see I said : "If ALL u believe in is[...]" If he only does smthg in life after it's been peer-reviewed then he won't live very long...

But sure... misquote the theist. Not common at all. :P

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »
I didn't scoop the sig up because I thought  it is impossible for anyone to utter such a thing. I still think it's a show. No one can be that ignorant.
hmm...
may I incorporate this into my sig after I quote mine "Ambassador Pony", who knows what i'll find..?
I am thinking the impossible of course...

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »

I guess it isn't the suit that makes the man but the hair...

I know the forum regulars loves 'em some jesus, I bet they can't wait for the next REAL AUTHENTIC IMAGE of Jesus to appear....

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »
He does have a point, though. If you need a peer reviewed paper to tell you when to void your bladder, then you will explode.

However, SHIN thinks it's a virtue to ignore all facts.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »
I think Jesus had a mullet.  Business in the front with that sin stuff and party in the back with the 12 apostles and that wine making trick.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 12:10:30 PM »
I bet mullet jesus wore a tuxedo tshirt.  It says "I mean business, but I'm also here to party".
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
For you Screwtape

"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2012, 12:29:50 PM »
Jesus is always very trendy.  This is what he looked like around 1981 or so.

[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 12:54:02 PM »
I don't remember the bee hive on your head trend? :-\

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Shin,

I must have misunderstood. I thought this was a thread about a scientific claim, in which case asking for proper citations is (I think) not unreasonable.

I didn't realise that you would think that how we decide what is a scientific fact is how I approach everything in life. It isn't.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Online stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »
I don't remember the bee hive on your head trend? :-\

Devo?

http://clubdevo.com/index.php
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.