Author Topic: Undoubtedly Messiah's best creation : humankind  (Read 227 times)

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Undoubtedly Messiah's best creation : humankind
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:19:17 PM »
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth." 27 So God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=Lxn1-pKY-9I&NR=1
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
Re: Undoubtedly Messiah's best creation : humankind
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »
What exactly does "our image" mean, anyways? Some babies are born with deformities, and not because the mother smoke, drank or used drugs; it's just how the baby developed.

I've always been curious as to what "our image" means. Can you explain it in further detail for me, Shin?

And undoubtedly those born with deformities are in no way less worthy to be called "messiah's best creation" if he exists. I'm just curious about this "our image" bit.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:36:48 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
Why do u ask me? I am just a man. I do not have all the answers.

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 04:53:23 AM »
Why do u ask me? I am just a man. I do not have all the answers.

We ask you because you posted the statement.  If you can't answer the questions, then it suggests to me that you don't actually understand the statement at all, and it might as well have said "Let us make humankind in the image of a podderquisht" for all the information it carries.

I'm pretty sure though that you would deny that "in our image" and "in the image of a podderquist" are synonyms, and that the one phrase could be used just as well as the other......but on what basis would you be able to do so, if you cannot explain what your preferred phrase actually means?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
^^^ Ok, I'll answer... It means that we were created with his resemblance. So, we can imply that God has human characterisitcs. In your verse it states that Elohim made humans in His image, but then it defines this image as male and female. From this we can conclude that the attributes of God are both masculine and feminine. Imho, since He created Adam first, it means He has more resemblance with him, but then He created woman, so He must have some "womanish" in Him also... The same way Jesus & Yehovah are 2 in One, separate but joined, One but 2. In the same way we could say that He has made us human beings 1 & 2, separate but joined(in marriage).

Genesis 2:21 Then God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the person; and while he was sleeping, he took one of his ribs and closed up the place from which he took it with flesh. 22 The rib which ADONAI, God, had taken from the person, he made a woman-person; and he brought her to the man-person. 23 The man-person said, "At last! This is bone from my bones and flesh from my flesh. She is to be called Woman [Hebrew: ishah], because she was taken out of Man [Hebrew: ish]." 24 This is why a man is to leave his father and mother and stick with his wife, and they are to be one flesh. 25 They were both naked, the man and his wife, and they were not ashamed.

Mark 10:6 However, at the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. 7 For this reason, a man should leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, 8 and the two are to become one flesh. Thus they are no longer two, but one. 9 So then, no one should break apart what God has joined together."

It's a beautiful story & a beautiful parallel imho...

I remembered seeing smthg about the name Elohim having a female connotation so I googled it & here's a nice short article about it : https://sites.google.com/site/yahwehelohiym/an-ancient-view-of-god/the-masculine-and-feminine-nature-of-elohim

I do not advocate any of the material on that website apart from the link I just gave you. 

How do you like the new me? Kimberly & Garja improved me at ATT.  :laugh:

Blessings Em.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth." 27 So God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=Lxn1-pKY-9I&NR=1
god creates a perfect universe except for man who has a piece of skin on his dick...
oh yeah, you are jewish right so you still got your shit.
I guess it is a sin to slice up your children's dicks because they live after the procedure.
slicing up dicks good because you can live through it, getting shot in the face multiple times as a child good because you meet jesus...

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth."
God created far more bacteria than he did humans. Your body contains more bacteria than there are people on earth. The estimated number on earth is said to be five million trillion trillion that's a five with 30 zeroes after it.

Look at it this way. If each bacterium were a penny, the stack would reach a trillion light years.These little creatures have lived happily for millions and millions of years - far longer than us. They live in deserts and the tops of mountains; they live in 40 miles up and in the depths of the ocean; in intense heat and intense cold; with and without oxygen and light; many are unaffected by radiation and care little for pollution; they don't have diseases; they multiply by division, so in some senses they don't die - if God made the Earth, he made it for them and He did not take their immortality away.

Strangely, I happen to know that bacteria are very religious and believe that God made them in His own image. (true story bro.)
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”