Author Topic: the hebrew version of the Torah aka the book of lies for death cult enthusiasts  (Read 1037 times)

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-5
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
well I'll start off.
you don't have to die and the Abrahamic God didn't exist until somebody thought it up.
Fuck the Bible, you can't even eat in it.

First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.

Sorry Allah, I pee with both hands.

If you are going to be a dick do it in a timely manner, ok?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +247/-8
Yeah, He was the mean God...right?  The child killer.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-5
give them an ounce and they will take a mile... and pave it with corpses.

First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +23/-5

Offline Jamesrojer

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
It is used on a regular basis.

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
I find that whenever I attempt to explain to anyone that the Bible contains no contradictions, the response I get is sophomoric.

My working theory is that those who attempt to force a contradiction into the Bible go deaf the moment they post and can't accept correction.  As a bonus, all those who pose as objectively pointing out a contradiction follow up by insulting people who believe the Bible is valid and correct in all respects.

People like me, for example.

I welcome all comments.  I for one would like all Bible haters to show their true colors so that the rest of us can see them in the full light of truth.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
If you separate the books from each other than yes, there's a case of no contradiction but since Christians don't do that, for the most part, it is ripe full of contradictions.

But let's say it's not. Christians, in living their lives based on the teachings of the Bible, contradict it at every turn.

You're contradicting it right now by joining this website and participating it as it states in Corinthians.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member
Your post is far too generalized to be true in any respect.

And as a point of fact, the Bible is a collection of disparate writings over a period of 4000 years in several nations by over 100 authors.  Taking the Bible as a single collective book will always be a mistake.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118
Corinthians states do not mix with the unbelievers, for what do you have in common with them?

Your reply is a dodge, and frankly idiotic.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member
Corinthians states do not mix with the unbelievers, for what do you have in common with them?

Your reply is a dodge, and frankly idiotic.

-Nam

Your post reeks of prejudice.

Paul's reference was not one of isolation, it was one of personal habit.  You can't be a Christian who continually sets higher moral standards and then be a companion who participates in the habits you're trying to avoid.

Surely you could have figured that out on your own?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118
It's not my religion to figure out. I don't care. You do. Christians do. You said everything in the Bible is true, therefore you being here goes against what you feel is true.

Whether I believe it's true or not is irrelevant. You do. You said so. So, why are you mingling with nonbelievers? We are lower than you according to your belief system which is the Bible.

What do you have in common to us? According to that verse: nothing. Therefore you shouldn't be here.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member
It's not my religion to figure out. I don't care. You do. Christians do. You said everything in the Bible is true, therefore you being here goes against what you feel is true.

Whether I believe it's true or not is irrelevant. You do. You said so. So, why are you mingling with nonbelievers? We are lower than you according to your belief system which is the Bible.

What do you have in common to us? According to that verse: nothing. Therefore you shouldn't be here.

-Nam

I hang out with non-believers because winter is coming and I need kindling.

Online Defiance

• Reader
  • Darwins +57/-5
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.

-Nam

But you're in Washington and Winter's two seasons away.
Q: Why are quantum physicists bad lovers? A: Because when they find the position, they can't find the momentum, and when they have the momentum, they can't find the position.

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/schooljokes/physicsjokes.html

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118

-Nam

Dodging is against the rules. Before you say "name calling is too" asshat, it isn't if it's true.

Answer the question or shut the fuck up.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member

Dodging is against the rules. Before you say "name calling is too" asshat, it isn't if it's true.

-Nam

I'm going to pass.

Your question is idiotic and serves no purpose.

Online Defiance

• Reader
  • Darwins +57/-5
You're idiotic and serve no purpose.

Here's how you do name calling with evidence:

In your posts, all you do is dodge and dodge, shifting burden of proof. Recently, you started asking US to prove our "claim"; we don't have a claim! Your claim that Dr. Sky daddy exists IS the positive claim; it asserts the believe that something IS, and exists. We reject your claim, because the burden of proof is not met, just like how things in science are done.

You serve no purpose. You're here to troll; it's indicated by your snarky answers and condescending attitude. You're idiotic because you think a contradiction to reality is true. You're idiotic because you've failed to apply logic and science to test the existence of your god. You don't even make an attempt. You preach (like you did in my thread).

Can you be more idiotic and useless so the admins can block you? Go back to your friends and tattle on us. Make sure to mention your incompetence.
Q: Why are quantum physicists bad lovers? A: Because when they find the position, they can't find the momentum, and when they have the momentum, they can't find the position.

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/schooljokes/physicsjokes.html

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118

-Nam

I'm going to pass.

Your question is idiotic and serves no purpose.

Actually it does serve a purpose the purpose is: you don't know what you're talking about.

I've had better conversations with dennis, and he's about as much of an asshat as you are. He at least attempts to answer questions even if repetitive preaching.

You're like the teenage girl who says she was raped and then thinks she's an authority figure on all things "rape", and no one could know more than her because she truly experienced it.

You're that guy.

The fact you come in here and think none of us know anything about Christianity because we're atheists is laughable. There's a lot of you out there, "I used to be an atheist but now I am a Christian" yet none of you, not one of you, know how to argue with an atheist. You know nothing of atheism but what some preacher, or Christian Lit book says.

This is not to say all atheists are literate about their atheism. Maybe you were an illiterate atheist and only became literate when becoming a Christian. That's possible in cuckoo land.

You also have the ultimate conclusion that none of us know anything about Christianity when some of us, who used to be Christians, studied it. Some of us as atheists still study it. Some of us have read multitudes of versions of the Bible.

Yet, to you: we're Christian illiterate. And I'm sure that's true for some atheists but not too many here.

You can't explain the Bible because most of us are Bible literate, and obviously you are not because if you were then you'd have no problem telling us how we are wrong.

When are you going to do that?

-Nam
Things I've said here:

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member
You're idiotic and serve no purpose.

Here's how you do name calling with evidence:

In your posts, all you do is dodge and dodge, shifting burden of proof. Recently, you started asking US to prove our "claim"; we don't have a claim! Your claim that Dr. Sky daddy exists IS the positive claim; it asserts the believe that something IS, and exists. We reject your claim, because the burden of proof is not met, just like how things in science are done.

You serve no purpose. You're here to troll; it's indicated by your snarky answers and condescending attitude. You're idiotic because you think a contradiction to reality is true. You're idiotic because you've failed to apply logic and science to test the existence of your god. You don't even make an attempt. You preach (like you did in my thread).

Can you be more idiotic and useless so the admins can block you? Go back to your friends and tattle on us. Make sure to mention your incompetence.

The claim I made was very clear.
I am willing to accept money for my evidence under certain circumstances.

I've repeated these circumstances many times.

The reason you're frustrated is because you feel left out, and I completely understand.  Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member

Actually it does serve a purpose the purpose is: you don't know what you're talking about.

You're not an adequate judge of what the Bible means or doesn't mean if you're not a believer.

As a reader, you will never have more than a 2-dimensional understanding.
As a practitioner of the religion, you add depth to the meaning and arrive at an understanding beyond the reach of atheists.

I'm sorry, but you are an idiot, and your question serves no purpose.

Online Defiance

• Reader
  • Darwins +57/-5
Nam,

You're not an idiot. You're an intelligent person, who has read fourteen versions of the bible.

I think we lose nothing by putting him on the ignore list. (Btw, how to do that?)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118

You're not an adequate judge of what the Bible means or doesn't mean if you're not a believer.

As a reader, you will never have more than a 2-dimensional understanding.
As a practitioner of the religion, you add depth to the meaning and arrive at an understanding beyond the reach of atheists.

I'm sorry, but you are an idiot, and your question serves no purpose.

Thank you for proving my point, "that guy".

-Nam
Things I've said here:

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +483/-118
Nam,

You're not an idiot. You're an intelligent person, who has read fourteen versions of the bible.

I think we lose nothing by putting him on the ignore list. (Btw, how to do that?)

Go to your profile, click on "ignore/buddies" bottom left, click "edit ignore" put in his name.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1027/-6
  • I'm very stoic, except when there is an easier way
Its under "Modify Profile".
It isn't true that non-existent gods can't do anything. For instance, they were able to make me into an atheist.

Offline joseph.mahal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-7
  • WWGHA Member
Nam,

He told you that he read 14 versions (and you believed him?)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-0
  • IXNAY
I am willing to accept money for my evidence under certain circumstances.

Just who do you think you are, Donald Trump?
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +581/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
I find that whenever I attempt to explain to anyone that the Bible contains no contradictions, the response I get is sophomoric.

My working theory is that those who attempt to force a contradiction into the Bible go deaf the moment they post and can't accept correction.  As a bonus, all those who pose as objectively pointing out a contradiction follow up by insulting people who believe the Bible is valid and correct in all respects.

People like me, for example.

I welcome all comments.  I for one would like all Bible haters to show their true colors so that the rest of us can see them in the full light of truth.

You sound rather confident.  I hope that means you won't turn and run away as soon as you're invited to offer a demonstration.  I'm not going to ask you to demonstrate that the entire Bible is free of all contradictions, though you will be free to cite any Bible passages you choose, in order to provide context.  Instead, to make things easier for you, I will concede your claim that the Bible has no contradictions if you can accomplish Dan Barker's Easter Challenge:

The conditions of the challenge are simple and reasonable. In each of the four Gospels, begin at Easter morning and read to the end of the book: Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and John 20-21. Also read Acts 1:3-12 and Paul's tiny version of the story in I Corinthians 15:3-8. These 165 verses can be read in a few moments. Then, without omitting a single detail from these separate accounts, write a simple, chronological narrative of the events between the resurrection and the ascension: what happened first, second, and so on; who said what, when; and where these things happened.

Since the gospels do not always give precise times of day, it is permissible to make educated guesses. The narrative does not have to pretend to present a perfect picture--it only needs to give at least one plausible account of all of the facts. Additional explanation of the narrative may be set apart in parentheses. The important condition to the challenge, however, is that not one single biblical detail be omitted. Fair enough?

Fair enough?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina