Author Topic: Proper sex life  (Read 674 times)

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Proper sex life
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
This will probably aggravate some of u, but hey! that's what I'm here for :police:

Matthew 10:34 “Don’t suppose that I have come to bring peace to the Land. It is not peace I have come to bring, but a sword! 35 For I have come to set 36 a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, so that a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.

Sex life
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=Sex

http://bible.proofdirectory.org/faq/is-it-a-sin-if-i-make-love-sex-with-my-lover/
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Proper sex life
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »
WTF?   Does this God character of yours get off on watching everyones sex life?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
it doesn't aggravate me...
it leaves me empty and wanting.
I was hoping for examples of "proper sex life".
this is just stupid links.
I want pictures and quotes.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +119/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
Pictures? Try the Kama Sutra.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
Your god is very rigid about some things.  Others, not so much.

God really liked Lot.  And he didn't seem to have a problem when Lot offered up his virgin daughter to be raped by a mob.  Why was your god ok with that?  And then, this poor young woman, who was betrayed by her own blessed father, not surprisingly ends up having some questionable sexual interests.  And her father remains blameless?

Your god also really liked Abraham.  But he told him to have sex with Hagar.  And rewarded him with a son for doing it. 

There are certainly those here who know the scriptures better than I do, but it seems to me that your god seems to give his favorite widgets a different set of rules than the rest of us. 

Can you clarify why this is?

I'm really hoping not to get a "it's impossible to know god's will" answer.  Because it seems really clear that he is sending very mixed messages.

And that brings me to my favorite question.  Clearly, lots of adherents find lots of different truths in the scriptures.  And they're all really sure that their interpretation is the right one. 

So why did your god write such a confusing rule-book?  Wouldn't it have been better if he had said what he wanted to say, in a way that everyone can understand?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:25:05 PM by Quesi »

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »
"And he didn't seem to have a problem when Lot offered up his virgin daughter to be raped by a mob."

You don't know that. Perhaps he was not ok with it but again, He can't mess with free-will.

All your other questions boil down to "questionable sexual interests from some of the people in the OT." The answer to that is that from Adam to Moshe, it was biologically ok to have sexual relations with a family member since genes were much better at the time & babies would not suffer any kind of deformation. Only from Moses time did it become a sin & thus a law, prohibiting anyone to lie with someone who was close family, was created.

Everything adds up. It's the beauty of the bible :laugh:
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »
The answer to that is that from Adam to Moshe, it was biologically ok to have sexual relations with a family member since genes were much better at the time & babies would not suffer any kind of deformation.

Genes were better in the pre-Moses era?  With all due respect, the concept of genes did not exist in the pre-Moses era. 

Only from Moses time did it become a sin & thus a law, prohibiting anyone to lie with someone who was close family, was created.

Everything adds up. It's the beauty of the bible :laugh:

So Biblical rules on sin change with time?  You mean, they sort of evolve?

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »
...from Adam to Moshe, it was biologically ok to have sexual relations with a family member since genes were much better at the time & babies would not suffer any kind of deformation.

Could you cite the scientific paper or abstract thereof that supports this claim please?

For the avoidance of doubt, it is a scientific claim and therefore, although the concept of genes wasn't around in biblical times, there should be modern scientific studies of biblical-era human remains to support your assertion, if it is true.

Thanks.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »
I guess you would have to think that way since Cain and Able really did not have much choice back in the day...where did Eve run off to again? :(
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +154/-5
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »
^^^Nod? Perhaps on a dinosaur?
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
Cain and Able? Hmmm. Two young men, no girls around except mom. I wonder if that murder thing was some sort of lovers spat? Just between the two of them.

Good genes will do that to a guy.
Never trust an atom. They make up everything!