Author Topic: If god is omnipotent, and god is our father,  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
Re: If god is omnipotent, and god is our father,
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:45 PM »
Shin, I'd like your input on the age of accountability thing: that being

.All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven. Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

I posted a study here about young children lying that you might have overlooked. Can you give it some insight for me?

Here's the link to the study

I'd honestly like to think that children, when they die at a young age, are in heaven (of course, that being, if it exists). However, from the study, and the 9th Commandment "thou shalt not lie", it seems that even youngsters, when their lives are tragically cut short, aren't in heaven, like you claimed here.

What's your input, Shin?
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2012, 11:40:25 PM »
^ Didn't u see my answer?? :?

Here it is again :
Glad you brought that up, bcz it means my post wasn't clear enough.

The answer is that they do so unknowingly. So it's not really sin yet.

So the correct thing I should have said is : When children WILLFULLY SIN for the 1rst time, they become guilty.

Thanx again for making me notice an error.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
^
Define "willfully sin".
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »
^
Define "willfully sin".
Willful sin : Knowing that our conscious is telling us that what we are about to do is bad, but we still do it.

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »
 Every time you confront one of us or think baldy of someone,or think sexy thoughts about your neighbour you (if you are a believer) are sinning,wether you like it or not you are defying God. EVEN if you THINK it,it is a SIN. Do not tell us you actually have to act on it to sin(if you believe in sin)you only have to have the thought.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Shin, I'd like your input on the age of accountability thing: that being

.All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven. Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

I posted a study here about young children lying that you might have overlooked. Can you give it some insight for me?

Here's the link to the study

I'd honestly like to think that children, when they die at a young age, are in heaven (of course, that being, if it exists). However, from the study, and the 9th Commandment "thou shalt not lie", it seems that even youngsters, when their lives are tragically cut short, aren't in heaven, like you claimed here.

What's your input, Shin?

I'm much more concerned about the immortal souls of children who worship idols.  Shin's god sometimes misrepresents his intentions, and often withholds pertinent information.  But he really really really doesn't like idol worship. 

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +770/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
SHIN, just an observation.

Thinking that you have all the answers should scare you more than it scares us. The confidence with which you tell us things like how your god treats kids and sin should give you pause. Some part of you is making up the part where you think you know. And that part will never serve you, or others, well.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
^ How so? :?

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »
NEWTOWN, Conn. — Gene Rosen had just finished feeding his cats and was heading from his home near Sandy Hook Elementary school to a diner Friday morning when he saw six small children sitting in a neat semicircle at the end of his driveway.

A school bus driver was standing over them, telling them things would be all right. It was about 9:30 a.m., and the children, he discovered, had just run from the school to escape a gunman.

"We can't go back to school," one little boy told Rosen. "Our teacher is dead. Mrs. Soto; we don't have a teacher."

:'(
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs