Author Topic: If god is omnipotent, and god is our father,  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
Re: If god is omnipotent, and god is our father,
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

Any human who can gleefully justify the mass slaughter of children is mentally ill.

It's disgusting.
Its called religion.

And it's disgusting.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »
^ LOL
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

Any human who can gleefully justify the mass slaughter of children is mentally ill.

It's disgusting.
What are u talking about? I'm not justifying anything. Have u even read my posts? Dude, u & all others who have come up with this BS about me promoting child death need to srsly calm the fuck down.
here lets clarify something about your thoughts about death then
are the children who were executed in a better place? and why are they in a better place?

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »
Not at all. To be honest, I don't even know how some people might have understood that from my posts :o They must be suffering from a mental disease of some sort...
That is because you consider savages murdering innocent children to be normal. Naturally, you cannot fathom why clear thinking people are offended by this.

[Oh btw, since I mentionned this, mentally handicapped people also go directly to Heaven when they die. How great is YHWH?
Your evidence for this? Don't give me some ridiculous link to another link of some inane babblings, tell me own your own words what the actual evidence fo this is.

Yes. Simple, right? You seem to be picking things up rather quickly ;)
So by your own admission, God deliberately murders innocent children purely for pleasure. For he said that if even 10 righteous people within Sodom, he would spare it. Presumably a city has more than ten children. God would have obviously known this, and yet destroyed the city anyways. God is a liar and a murderer.

This is why I said in my last post to you : "A very deep follow-up question would be : "Does this mean that everything is predetermined?""
So naturally it would be predetermined that you are condescending, self righteous asshole.

Bcz I have thought long & hard on almost all deep questions of life & the bible. Some questions I can answer, some I can't. Those I can't , I leave to God.
So have all of us, and reached a vastly different conclusion. Of course, you will humbly submit that you are right because God.

Press on. Answers are all there. If you prefer reading, I suggest u click on the links that do not say "youtube" :P
If you can't be bothered to actually explain your own made up worldview, don't bother discussing it at all. It really suggests that you don't actually know what you are talking about, and have to rely exclusively on other lunatics to process your rantings. It's not very respectable or intellectually honest.

A few questions you seem to have avoided answering:

1. At what age is a child no longer considered innocent, and by what authority and evidence do you say this?
2. How can you confidently say that you know how Yahweh feels in regards to the loss of innocent children, but have no idea about predestination? Did God only share part of his plan with you? Are you choosing to ignore the fact that the Bible says that God has chosen our destinies even before the alleged Creation? Or is that just one of those yucky part of the Bible that you conveniently ignore, while simultaneously believing that you can live forever if you enter into a blood sacrifice?
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
Answer to kazi :

1º Not at all.

3º No. That question about sodom was going to be great, but u screwed up at the end, so I won't answer it... :P

5º Not all have thought of the deep questions of life. Don't mistake urself with all the peoples of this world : 7 billion. I can assure u that if even half of the total world population would have thought about the deep questions of life instead of only living for pleasures, we would not be where we are now.

6º I didn't avoid any questions. I suggest you read my posts more carefully next time. Here is what I said to Quesi :
Only The LORD knows the age at which the child 1rst sins. The second after his 1rst sin, he no longer is blameless & needs Jesus.

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 08:09:34 PM »
I thought the 1st sin was that damn apple and we are all marked with it as a result.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-1
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »

3º No. That question about sodom was going to be great, but u screwed up at the end, so I won't answer it... :P

I think it was a great question as well, and won't include the tag which you found offensive. Will you answer it now? Honestly, it's not something which had occurred to me before, and i'm intrigued at how a theist would view it. Again, god promised he would spare Sodom if more than ten righteous people could be found there. And presumable a city would have more than ten children. The only way to justify this, as far as I can see offhand, would be to claim that these children, having not yet reached the age of accountability, would somehow not be counted toward the population. Which also raises the question that someone else touched on (either here or on another thread) of abortion. If a young child of Sodom is not counted as an inhabitant of a city and wiped out wholesale (as in this instance, or in the Flood, or any of the Biblical battles in which children were slaughtered) why is an embryo considered in the same light as a fully realized human being?

Offline inveni0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-1
    • iMAGINARY god
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
... every psycho has the possibility of getting one and then use them...

Do you think they use their own gun? Like I said, I'm not a fan of guns, and I have no real opinion on the legal aspects with gun registration and restriction, but I do know a shotty argument when I hear one. And saying that stiffer regulations would help is an outright joke. It wouldn't help anything. I live in one of the toughest drug states in the nation, and it's also one of the worst. Here, marijuana is a felony. Meth, too. But we're the meth capital of the world.

Laws don't change people.

The cheapest, most efficient way to protect schools is to install metal detectors and hire a full-time, armed security guard. That's about the best you can do without changing the bill of rights. If the government controls whether or not people can protect their homes, then the government has too much control.

Hmmm...I guess I have an opinion after all.
http://www.imaginarygod.com

My book designed to ease kids into healthy skepticism is available for pre-order. http://www.peterskeeter.com

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »
In the little school in my town there are 13 ways in.  Now a lot (most) are locked but if someone wants in they will get in.  One security guard can't be everywhere and budget cuts have schools strapped already.  Most will be retired people who turn into wal mart greeters with a gun.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin"...therefore do not have to taste death.

I stand by my opinion that those that can write-off the slaughter of children are mentally ill.

...though they bring forth, yet will I slay even their beloved children ... They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open ... Tamar hath played the harlot and is with child; Bring her forth, and let her be burnt ... in sorrow you will bring forth children ... I, the LORD, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers ...  have no mercy on infants nor will they look with compassion on children ... and on and on it goes.

Stop Shin, just stop.  A deranged nut stole his mother's guns and shot her.  He then proceeded to a public school, and slaughtered 27 people, to included 20 children.  To say none of the children "tasted" death puts you in the same category of nut that could justify such a massacre.

Stop Shin.  Just stop.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:27:49 PM by Backspace »
-- Bernie Katz

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »

I think it was a great question as well, and won't include the tag which you found offensive. Will you answer it now? Honestly, it's not something which had occurred to me before, and i'm intrigued at how a theist would view it. Again, god promised he would spare Sodom if more than ten righteous people could be found there. And presumable a city would have more than ten children. The only way to justify this, as far as I can see offhand, would be to claim that these children, having not yet reached the age of accountability, would somehow not be counted toward the population. Which also raises the question that someone else touched on (either here or on another thread) of abortion. If a young child of Sodom is not counted as an inhabitant of a city and wiped out wholesale (as in this instance, or in the Flood, or any of the Biblical battles in which children were slaughtered) why is an embryo considered in the same light as a fully realized human being?
Very well. The answer is actually great. The Lord has a sense of humor.

You know what the main sin of sodom & gomorrah was don't u? Now think about it. Well?... :laugh: Any guesses??  &)

LOL! I know, I know, it's hardcore... but hey, it's the only explanation

8)

Oops, my bad... did I accidentally anger the gay community?

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »

Actually, you just confirmed the hatred and bigotry of the god you worship.  Nothing new...

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »
Hey jetson :laugh: U're a big shot here :police:

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
The Lord has a sense of humor.

Give one example from the bible...
-- Bernie Katz

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin"...therefore do not have to taste death.
Stop Shin.
Stop what? Being nice? Telling people that they're beloved babies are not in an eternal torment imaginary place bcz they weren't baptized? You actually prefer the catholic view? Suit yourself.

Been here only for awhile & I'm srsly getting tired of your BS posts :P

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
I hope what I say here will contribute to a better image of my GOD.

Children are blameless before The LORD YHWH. All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven. Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

Spend the day with a 6 year old. one thing to know about 6 year olds is that they sometimes lie, IE, sin. Especially if they have an older brother or sister. They aren't free from guilt in anyway at that age.

In the eyes of god, they are full of blame. (some are anyways)

EDIT: Actually, according to this article, children begin to learn to lie between the ages of 2 and 4.

Lying is a sin, isn't it? Isn't "Thou shalt not lie" a commandment?

So, I'd like to propose that children are "without sin" until the age of 2, if at all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:59:28 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »
I hope what I say here will contribute to a better image of my GOD.

Children are blameless before The LORD YHWH. All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven. Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

Spend the day with a 6 year old. one thing to know about 6 year olds is that they sometimes lie, IE, sin. Especially if they have an older brother or sister. They aren't free from guilt in anyway at that age.

In the eyes of god, they are full of blame. (some are anyways)
Glad you brought that up, bcz it means my post wasn't clear enough.

The answer is that they do so unknowingly. So it's not really sin yet.

So the correct thing I should have said is : When children WILLFULLY SIN for the 1rst time, they become guilty.

Thanx again for making me notice an error.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
I edited my post to include a study about lying. Here's the edited part.

EDIT: Actually, according to this article, children begin to learn to lie between the ages of 2 and 4.

Lying is a sin, isn't it? Isn't "Thou shalt not lie" a commandment?

So, I'd like to propose that children are "without sin" until the age of 2, if at all.

Not to get onto the topic of lying, but, from the article:

From about age 4 on, children lie for many of the same reasons adults do: to avoid punishment, to gain an advantage, to protect against an unwanted consequence, and even to boost self-esteem. Youngsters, like adults, sometimes lie to demonstrate power, to maintain privacy, or to protect a friend. When a child lies, she is essentially trying to change a situation, to reconstruct things the way she wants them to be.

There is a developmental progression to lying. At the first level, the child wants to achieve some goal or reward by saying something that she knows or believes to be false. Her intention may be to affect the listener's behavior — to avoid punishment or receive a reward, for example.

Consider the following study: A number of 2- and 3-year-old children were seated in an empty room and told not to peek at a toy placed on table behind them. The researcher left and returned to the room five minutes later. Ninety percent of the children looked at the toy, and the majority — about two-thirds — concealed their peeking. One-third lied outright, saying they did not peek, while the other third didn't answer the question, pretending not to hear it.

So, what about the age of accountability now?

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »
Stop what? Being nice? Telling people that they're beloved babies are not in an eternal torment imaginary place bcz they weren't baptized? You actually prefer the catholic view? Suit yourself.

You're always blaming others for not reading your posts.  Go back and read mine.

You actually prefer the catholic view? Suit yourself.

As I said on ATT, without catholics, you wouldn't have christianity to belong to.  That you bash the founders of your religion only reinforces my opinion of your mental state.

Been here only for awhile & I'm srsly getting tired of your BS posts :P

Shin, get a clue: This is a website primarily made up of atheists.  I'm an atheist.  Why am I an atheist?  Because of people like you. 
-- Bernie Katz

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-1
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »

You know what the main sin of sodom & gomorrah was don't u? Now think about it. Well?... :laugh: Any guesses??  &)

8)

Well, that was disappointing. Are you trying to say that that since Sodom gave us the word "sodomy", that somehow everyone in the town was guilty of that sin and that sin only? Because that makes less than no sense. Whether or not they were all guilty of this sin, then surely even those residents who had never practiced that (like maybe the women?) must have had their own baggage...which brings us right back to the original question. Were there not more than ten children below the age of accountability (or even as yet unborn....who are children after all) in town?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:16:01 PM by jynnan tonnix »

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2012, 09:11:25 PM »
As I said on ATT, without catholics, you wouldn't have christianity to belong to.  That you bash the founders of your religion only reinforces my opinion of your mental state.
What?? LOL. I didn't even know u were on ATT.  :P

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
Hey jetson :laugh: U're a big shot here :police:

Do you know that Christians will lose their battle against the rights and freedoms of every citizen, including gays?  There is no hope any more that religious hatred and bigotry will stop the world from tossing it aside.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »

8)

Well, that was disappointing. Are you trying to say that that since Sodom gave us the word "sodomy", that somehow everyone in the town was guilty of that sin and that sin only? Because that makes less than no sense. If we are all guilty of sin, then surely even those residents who had never practiced that (like maybe the women?) must have had their own baggage...which brings us right back to the original question. Were there not more than ten children below the age of accountability (or even as yet unborn....who are children after all) in town?
You didn't understand did u?? :P Ask Jetson. He'll fill you in...

To answer your last question : No, there were no more than 10 children in that town apparently...

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »

Please Shin, just one...
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »

Please Shin, just one...

The platypus.

Sorry, Dogma reference. I love Kevin Smith.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
The platypus.

"...but for Adam there was not found a help meet for him."  Adam hook'in up with the Platypus -- now that would've been funny (and to be honest, not all that out-of-character for the other nonsence in the bable).

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:37:29 PM by Backspace »
-- Bernie Katz

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »

Please Shin, just one...
Ok, why not... I can't remember where it's located, but in the OT, YHWH tells one prophet, after destroying some city & its idols, to go & piss on them. I'd appreciate it if someone could find which chapter this is located at.

Funny as hell imho...

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
YHWH tells one prophet, after destroying some city & its idols, to go & piss on them. I'd appreciate it if someone could find which chapter this is located at.

Funny as hell imho...

Members of WWGHA, I rest my case.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:41:23 PM by Backspace »
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2012, 09:43:05 PM »
Ok, why not... I can't remember where it's located, but in the OT, YHWH tells one prophet, after destroying some city & its idols, to go & piss on them. I'd appreciate it if someone could find which chapter this is located at.

Funny as hell imho...

I think what's being asked for is for god to admit he has a sensor of humor like he admitted to being jealous in the book of Exodus.

Exodus 20:4-5
King James Version (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Got any, Shin. Not what you find funny, but somewhere where god admits to actually having a sense of humor?