Author Topic: If god is omnipotent, and god is our father,  (Read 4338 times)

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: If god is omnipotent, and god is our father,
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
I hope what I say here will contribute to a better image of my GOD.

Children are blameless before The LORD YHWH. All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven. Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

I will introduce myself as soon as the mods let me create my own thread. I think every new person has to post at least 3 satisfactory posts beforehand...
Blessings
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
Boy, you´re life must suck. Mine doesn´t. My universe isn´t hostile cause I live on a planet and in a region where I don´t have to suffer hunger and pain. So I am a very lucky person, no arms needed. I´m sorry that you don´t seem to have that luck (irony).
Thank you Parking Places
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »

Children are blameless before The LORD YHWH. All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven. Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

I will introduce myself as soon as the mods let me create my own thread. I think every new person has to post at least 3 satisfactory posts beforehand...
Blessings
hey, the children fucking died.
your post of useless contradiction wouldn't exist if the children hadn't died.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Blessings

I know being in heaven sounds great to you, but I'm guessing not a single parent is happier that their kid is there, even if he or she actually is.

Of course none of them are. Each is now simply dead, and the 80-90 more years most of them had to live is no more. A selfish being with access to guns and no access to his own humanity did them in.

It was a tragedy, not a free "get out of life" card.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
Boy, you´re life must suck. Mine doesn´t. My universe isn´t hostile cause I live on a planet and in a region where I don´t have to suffer hunger and pain. So I am a very lucky person, no arms needed. I´m sorry that you don´t seem to have that luck (irony).
Thank you Parking Places
oh it's nice to know you think you have your own universe.
what else doesn't exist in your universe?
food, who'd a thunk that a person would need food.
eating is a defense against starvation....
just lie there for a while and experience time, do nothing... see how long you last.
I give you about 2 days before you die from lack of water, but you are in germany in a house probably...
heck you are in a fortress, a fortified structure protecting you from the environment...
fucking "my universe".. please....

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
@Shin Kairi
none is right, the children are dead and there is nothing and nobody in the whole universe who can make this come out right!!!
And you said it it is "your image of God" which does not say anything about its truth, it is just your imagination and emotion.
None, it´s not funny to have a discussion with you, you´re way to aggressive for me. Now I´m starting to understand why you need a gun.....
Leaving
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »

So what you're saying is that their deaths were a good thing.

Scary.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
@Shin Kairi
none is right, the children are dead and there is nothing and nobody in the whole universe who can make this come out right!!!
And you said it it is "your image of God" which does not say anything about its truth, it is just your imagination and emotion.
None, it´s not funny to have a discussion with you, you´re way to aggressive for me. Now I´m starting to understand why you need a gun.....
Leaving
hehe...
I like to go for walks too.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

I know being in heaven sounds great to you, but I'm guessing not a single parent is happier that their kid is there, even if he or she actually is.

Yes I agree. So does YHWH. He is never happy when a parent loses a child. Noone is... But hey, at least they're in Heaven now... which is certainly better than being in an imaginary, mind-abhorrent place called hell, being tortured forever & all... Anyway, I'll talk about that as soon as I can create my own thread here.

Blessings

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »

So what you're saying is that their deaths were a good thing.

Scary.
Not at all my friend. Please do not misinterpret my clear post.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »

Yes I agree. So does YHWH. He is never happy when a parent loses a child. Noone is... But hey, at least they're in Heaven now... which is certainly better than being in an imaginary, mind-abhorrent place called hell, being tortured forever & all... Anyway, I'll talk about that as soon as I can create my own thread here.

Blessings
watch out people... we got a bonafide self promoting death cult hate mongerer amongst our midst.
it never occurs to these death cult worshiping idiots that people might want to stay alive...
no it is all about death.
geesh lets all fantasize how wonderful it will be when we die, but forget we have to die to fulfill that wish...

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »
Get your popcorn folks, this will be good.

Children are blameless before The LORD YHWH.
Does that include all of the children that God savagely murdered in the flood, Sodom, Gomorrah, etc?
All the little kids that have died since the foundation of the world went directly to Heaven.
not according to the Catholic Church, at least up until 2007, when Darth Ratzinger abolished it.
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin".
So there is no "Original Sin"? You use quotes on the words "without sin", who are you quoting? Certainly not the Bible, because it doesn't say that. Could you just be making things up as you go along in order to ease your own emotional pain?
They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them.
Again, where does it say this in the Bible? And, you made have noticed, that the children in this case are in fact DEAD so saying that "They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them" is just ridiculous.
They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.
Do you even understand your own religion? It says that we taste death because of the sins of Adam and Eve. That's why Jesus had to be your human sacrifice, because somehow murdering an innocent person abolishes this evil. Because, you know, two wrongs DO make a right if it's God doing it. And as Azdgari says, you are basically suggesting that getting shot to death was the best deal these kids could ever have gotten. I think that the question is also begging to be asked, at what age does a child become capable of sin? These were third graders. My son is currently in third grade, and certainly has a sense of right and wrong, fair and unfair, just and unjust. TO suggest that third graders don't possess this is just silly. Certainly they have a ways to go in developing greater wisdom in such matters, we all do, but does that doesn't mean we don't know right from wrong.To suggest that their deaths were a positive thing because they get an EZPass into heaven is revolting, disgusting, atrocious, contemptible, reprehensible, abominable, ignorant, offensive, and repulsive, and you OUGHT TO BE WEEPING IN SHAME AND BEGGING FORGIVENESS FROM THE FAMILIES OF THESE VICTIMS. You can be proud of one thing though, in that you have perfectly demonstrated the fact that religion allows wickedness to take forms it would not otherwise be able to take. Christopher Hitchens used to frequently pose the following challenge: "Name a moral action done or moral statement made by a believer that could NOT also be made by an unbeliever. There are none. Now, think of a wicked statement or action that could only be attributable to a person's faith. You've already thought of one. You've already though of another one, and another, and another....."   You have demonstrated this principle as best as anyone could.

As far as a better image of your God, well, if you consider your God being spiteful, hateful, indifferent, sadistic, cruel, callous, and heartless is an improvement, go ahead. I sure don't.

Blessings
Considering that you consider innocent children being robbed of their life by violent madmen to be a blessing, I'll pass, thanks.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 04:08:11 PM »
That's why I love you, kaziglu.

Thanks for the Hitch reference. I hadn't heard that one, and its great.

SHIN, the above post is a quality post. It said something. And did it well. Even if you disagree, you can still learn from it. Or you can peruse the available text options and perhaps type up a witting and scathing response in subscript or as an unordered list.

What you say should be important, not just something you thought up real quick so you could use annoying formatting.

And what you say should involve thought. Read up on it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:11:57 PM by ParkingPlaces »
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »

Blessings

Welcome to the forum Shin Kairi.  I look forward to hearing more about your views and opinions and interests. 

I'm the mom of a beautiful 6 year old, and I cannot reconcile any of these horrible events with the existence of a deity that so many parents of the victims clearly find comfort in.

May I ask you a little bit about your god's motivation here?   

If I understand it correctly, the whole purpose for this earthly existence, (and please correct me if I am wrong)  is to put us humans through a series of tests, so see if we are worthy of an eternity in heaven.   Why do kids who die young get to avoid the test?  Did you god pick them to die young?  Were they exempted from the test because god liked them from conception,  and decided not to give them a chance to sin?  So he called them home?

What about children who were not baptized, or children who worship heathen deities and bow down to idols?  The commandments seem pretty clear about worshiping idols.  Do they get to go straight to heaven too?  Of child laborers, who fail to keep the Sabbath holy because the sweatshop makes them work on the Sabbath?  What about little 6 year old boys who like to dress up in their mom's high heals, and dream of wearing a fabulous white wedding gown some day?  Do they go straight to heaven? 

I'd also appreciate a little clarification about the rules?  Is there an age cut off?  So all 6 year olds, (along with aborted fetuses, I assume) go straight to heaven.  What about 9 year olds?  12 year olds?   12 year old rape victims who have given birth to their rapists baby?  15 year olds? 17 year olds? 

And finally, what evidence do you have for this assertion?

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »
Thanks PP. I have simply HAD ENOUGH of religion. The gloves are off and the spiked gauntlets are on. There is simply no excuse possible for the type of evil such as SHIN KAIRI posted. And then they pass it off as virtuous and pious and just and loving. It's seriously enough to make one physically ill. I respect people's RIGHT to have whatever beliefs, but that does NOT require me to respect the belief itself. And I don't, and I refuse to, especially when it is as nauseating as what we were subjected to here.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum Shin Kairi.  I look forward to hearing more about your views and opinions and interests. 

I'm the mom of a beautiful 6 year old, and I cannot reconcile any of these horrible events with the existence of a deity that so many parents of the victims clearly find comfort in.

May I ask you a little bit about your god's motivation here?   

If I understand it correctly, the whole purpose for this earthly existence, (and please correct me if I am wrong)  is to put us humans through a series of tests, so see if we are worthy of an eternity in heaven.
Yes.

Why do kids who die young get to avoid the test?  Did you god pick them to die young?  Were they exempted from the test because god liked them from conception,  and decided not to give them a chance to sin?  So he called them home?
Excellent questions. Most amazing questions I have heard since I joined all 3 forums... Props to u. Here's my answer : I don't know. I'm not God. He must have His reasons. A very deep follow-up question would be : "Does this mean that everything is predetermined?" Again, my answer would be : I don't know. I'm not in God's head. But you can be sure of one thing. God is good. Whatever the great plan of the ages is, it's the best it could be. God never enters something to end up losing. His will be done.

What about children who were not baptized, or children who worship heathen deities and bow down to idols?  The commandments seem pretty clear about worshiping idols.  Do they get to go straight to heaven too?  Of child laborers, who fail to keep the Sabbath holy because the sweatshop makes them work on the Sabbath?  What about little 6 year old boys who like to dress up in their mom's high heals, and dream of wearing a fabulous white wedding gown some day?  Do they go straight to heaven? 
Yes. Great news right? :laugh:

About baptism, let me put that myth to rest while I'm at it. Baptizing is like circumcision. Merely an outward sign to show that one has dedicated his life to following Mashiach. Nothing more. The thief that died on the cross was saved without being baptized. He will surely raise from the grave at the rapture.

I'd also appreciate a little clarification about the rules?  Is there an age cut off?  So all 6 year olds, (along with aborted fetuses, I assume) go straight to heaven.  What about 9 year olds?  12 year olds?   12 year old rape victims who have given birth to their rapists baby?  15 year olds? 17 year olds? 
Only The LORD knows the age at which the child 1rst sins. The second after his 1rst sin, he no longer is blameless & needs Jesus.

And finally, what evidence do you have for this assertion?
Too much :laugh: Please refer to my link. Scroll down till u see : "Is hell a place of eternal suffering/torment? NO. + what happens when you die?"

I have to say, all in all, the best post I have ever seen in any forum. I'm speechless.

Blessings to you & your beautiful 6 year old.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
Yes I agree. So does YHWH. He is never happy when a parent loses a child.
Look out folks. Here is someone who actually knows the mind of God, and lo and behold! God agrees with him/her! Imagine that. Nothing blatantly self serving there.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »
I'm trying to figure out which is the most talented. God or SHIN?

I'm guessing its close.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »
I'm trying to figure out which is the most talented. God or SHIN?

I'm guessing its close.
God is. I'm nothing... Actually I'm a piece of trash compared to Him...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:13:20 PM by SHIN KAIRI »

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
geesh, if SHIN KAIRI is a piece of trash then what are the rest of us?
heck were as good as dead aren't we SHIN KAIRI?

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »
No none u are not "lost forever" as those church idiots like to say :laugh:. You still have time to accept Him. Here's the thing. He never looks to sinners as being trash, but it is us, we who have been saved, that feel like trash before Him. Small difference.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »
No none u are not "lost forever" as those church idiots like to say :laugh:. You still have time to accept Him. Here's the thing. He never looks to sinners as being trash, but it is us, we who have been saved, that feel like trash before Him. Small difference.
oh fuck all I gotta do is trust you right? I mean what if you didn't agree with the bible OMG>..

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »
@SHIN KAIRi - Thank you for your quick response.  I'm afraid that I rarely respond immediately because, well, I have a 6 year old who has a lot of needs. 

I am delighted that you found my questions interesting.  I think you will find many smart, interesting people on this forum, many of whom are not as polite to newly arrived theists as I am, but whose questions are quite valid.

Quite a few of us are honestly a little confused by your response.  You seem to be suggesting that, in the interests of saving a child's eternal soul, murder is the most effective option.  I certainly hope that is not your stance. 

Kaziglu bey brought up the question of Noah's contemporaries and the children residing in Sodom at the time of its destruction, and I think it is an interesting one.  You have stated that your god doesn't make any mistakes, but the fact that he found it necessary to slaughter almost all of humanity in Noah's time, and also to burn down some of the earliest metropolises and kill all of the inhabitants, seems to suggest that he was not satisfied with what he had created up to that point.  And there were certainly a lot of kids killed too.  All of the adults were guilty?  All of the children innocent? 

Think about it for a minute.  If he had caused the flood 5 years earlier, there were certainly children who had not sinned up to that point, who had sinned 5 years later.  Doesn't it seem a little random?  I mean, it really sucks to be the kid who just missed the cutoff because of god's appointment decisions. 

The answer to some of your questions was "i'm not god, so I don't know" while in other answers, you seemed extraordinarily clear on god's will.  How do you know which questions only your god knows the answer to, and which questions are indisputable truths?   

Finally I think that most folks on this forum will not be satisfied with links to websites that offer further links to other websites as satisfactory responses to our questions.  I clicked on a few of the links on "Is hell eternal suffering..." and even watched a little bit of a couple of videos, but I didn't see anything that answered my questions. 

We get a fair number of Christians (and other theists) here, and we often get very different answers to the same questions.  None of these answers has successfully convinced any of us in the existence of a deity. You made the decision to come here.  We are interested in what you believe, and why. 

There are some pretty clear protocols, and I encourage you to read the rules in the posts section.  You will probably be contacted by a mod as some point soon, to welcome you and map out some of the ways to make the best use of this forum.

Again, welcome.   

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »
Not at all my friend. Please do not misinterpret my clear post.

Your post was clear.  The children are in heaven.  They have not tasted death.  Heaven is a good place to be.  Death is a good thing not to taste.  Right?

Well, according to you, that's what happened.  The kids died.  They went to a better place.  Praise be.  Shall we see that other children enjoy the same benefits?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
Take away the "H" in Shin and what do you have???   JUst saying...do do do do.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

Any human who can gleefully justify the mass slaughter of children is mentally ill.

It's disgusting.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
Babies & children(until a certain age) are "without sin". They thus do not have the penalty of death attached to them. They have not broken(were unable to) any of the commandments, therefore do not have to taste death.

Any human who can gleefully justify the mass slaughter of children is mentally ill.

It's disgusting.
Its called religion.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
@SHIN KAIRi - Thank you for your quick response.  I'm afraid that I rarely respond immediately because, well, I have a 6 year old who has a lot of needs. 

I am delighted that you found my questions interesting.  I think you will find many smart, interesting people on this forum, many of whom are not as polite to newly arrived theists as I am, but whose questions are quite valid.

Quite a few of us are honestly a little confused by your response.  You seem to be suggesting that, in the interests of saving a child's eternal soul, murder is the most effective option.  I certainly hope that is not your stance.
Not at all. To be honest, I don't even know how some people might have understood that from my posts :o They must be suffering from a mental disease of some sort...

Oh btw, since I mentionned this, mentally handicapped people also go directly to Heaven when they die. How great is YHWH?

Kaziglu bey brought up the question of Noah's contemporaries and the children residing in Sodom at the time of its destruction, and I think it is an interesting one.  You have stated that your god doesn't make any mistakes, but the fact that he found it necessary to slaughter almost all of humanity in Noah's time, and also to burn down some of the earliest metropolises and kill all of the inhabitants, seems to suggest that he was not satisfied with what he had created up to that point.  And there were certainly a lot of kids killed too.  All of the adults were guilty?  All of the children innocent? 
Yes. Simple, right? You seem to be picking things up rather quickly ;)

Think about it for a minute.  If he had caused the flood 5 years earlier, there were certainly children who had not sinned up to that point, who had sinned 5 years later.  Doesn't it seem a little random?  I mean, it really sucks to be the kid who just missed the cutoff because of god's appointment decisions. 
This is why I said in my last post to you : "A very deep follow-up question would be : "Does this mean that everything is predetermined?""

The answer to some of your questions was "i'm not god, so I don't know" while in other answers, you seemed extraordinarily clear on god's will.  How do you know which questions only your god knows the answer to, and which questions are indisputable truths?   
Bcz I have thought long & hard on almost all deep questions of life & the bible. Some questions I can answer, some I can't. Those I can't , I leave to God.

I clicked on a few of the links on "Is hell eternal suffering..." and even watched a little bit of a couple of videos, but I didn't see anything that answered my questions. 
Press on. Answers are all there. If you prefer reading, I suggest u click on the links that do not say "youtube" :P

Again, welcome. 
Thx :laugh:

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
    • PURE TRUTH
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »

It's disgusting.
What are u talking about? I'm not justifying anything. Have u even read my posts? Dude, u & all others who have come up with this BS about me promoting child death need to srsly calm the fuck down.