Author Topic: Clothes  (Read 2703 times)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +940/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: Clothes
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »
^^^^Pubic lice.....gorilla meat.....sex with gorillas....
Like I said... :o
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 03:16:41 PM »

I'm confused by your comment.  Pubic lice made the jump to human ancestors after we lost body hair and then likely gained pubic hair.  We had diverged from gorillas long before then.

It is very unlikely a few human types had sex with gorilla's.  Modern man does, we'll call them strange, things.  Most likely we picked up the lice while eating gorilla meat.

I meant that the strain of primates that developed into human beings wouldn't be a seperate stain from the primates that developed into gorrilla if the two groups didn't have sufficient time apart to speciate. It had nothing to do with the lice, I was just commenting that until there is geographic seperation, there can be no speciation.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 02:33:11 AM »
I think environment may have had a play with it. Fur bearing mammals drop their extra layer at particular seasons. 
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee