Author Topic: Boy Scouts of America cover up abuse just like Roman Catholic church  (Read 805 times)

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Boy Scouts of America cover up abuse just like Roman Catholic church
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
Didn't someone post this already? Or, was that the Eagle Scout topic I am thinking about? Anyway, is it surprising?

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »
Thing thing that blows my mind is that they actually kept any records at all about such a heinous crime occurring in their midst if they didn't plan on reporting it.

I mean, who keeps incriminating evidence like that laying around if they don't want people to find out about it?

Edit to add snarky comment

But I guess boys will be boys  &)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:28:25 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
Thing thing that blows my mind is that they actually kept any records at all about such a heinous crime occurring in their midst if they didn't plan on reporting it.

I mean, who keeps incriminating evidence like that laying around if they don't want people to find out about it?

Nazis?

They kept excellent records.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
@Nam

The Nazi's didn't think they were doing anything wrong....oh...wait
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
hee hee hee hee hee

ho hum

-Nam