Author Topic: Heroin  (Read 992 times)

Offline shnozzola

Heroin
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »
Anyone here ever tried heroin?  Or been an addict.  I would like to know your experiences if you do not mind.  From what I understand, it is making a comeback (if it ever subsided).

I worked with a guy when I was a carpenter years ago.  He had been an addict, and said, the ultimately sure feeling that absolutely nothing matters was the drug's draw, while the highly physically addictive nature kept you "in."

In school (years ago), in organic chemistry, an excellent professor I had had developed a synthetic heroin to wean people off the drug that was being tested in Germany at the time.  I remember putting the carbon connectors together and seeing what heroin "looked" like.

The picture I had was the carbon and molecules make up.  Is there a place to find and post that is OK to use?

I would never try it, but I find it very interesting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:04:59 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Heroin
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »
My ex-fiance's father does heroin. He works 8 hours a day, goes home and does heroin 'til he falls asleep. He's been doing it for as long as I can remember. Even gave him a ride once to buy it. That was years ago, though.

Other than doing heroin, he's a really nice guy. Not that he isn't nice when he's on it, it's just that he seems to be zoned out, or something.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 05:46:17 PM »
I would like to know your experiences if you do not mind.

Why? Do you have a question you want answering?

If you want to know what heroin feels like, then take some. Other people's descriptions are going to fall short.

Though this musical description, by Lou Reed, gives a flavour of it:

When the smack begins to flow
Then I really don't care anymore
About all the Jim-Jims in this town
And everybody putting everybody else down
And all of the politicians makin' crazy sounds
All the dead bodies piled up in mounds, yeah

Wow, that heroin is in my blood
And the blood is in my head
Yeah, thank God that I'm good as dead
Ooohhh, thank your God that I'm not aware
And thank God that I just don't care
And I guess I just don't know
And I guess I just don't know

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
Mram, a member who does not come around anymore, talked about his years of using.  Seems to take a toll on your body after a while.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
still not as bad as bath salts.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
There was a time when my philosophy was that I would try anything once. So, when a couple of friends of mine started using heroin I was willing to try but never did.

The reason is that in our years of working together, living together and sharing bodily fluids money was never an issue. If I had drinks or weed, I shared. If they had drinks or weed they shared. Same for LSD and even on occasion cocaine.

But when they started doing H, they wouldn't share. I was expected to pony up the dough if I wanted to ride that horse.

This was in direct conflict with one of my other philosophies...you should never have to pay for your first trip.

Ultimately, I watched them cannibalize themselves and rot away. Needles to say, I eventually became thankful that Heroin was such a stingy high.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:34:16 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »

Well it just goes to show
Things are not what they seem
Please, sister morphine, turn my nightmares into dreams
Oh, can't you see I'm fading fast?
And that this shot will be my last...

Sweet cousin cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head
Ah, come on, sister morphine, you better make up my bed
Cause you know, and I know, in the morning, I'll be dead
Yeah, and you can sit around, yeah and you can watch
All the clean white sheets stained red.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:57:01 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
I would like to know your experiences if you do not mind.

Why? Do you have a question you want answering?

If you want to know what heroin feels like, then take some. Other people's descriptions are going to fall short.

Just wondered.    I wanted to know if the guy I used to work with's description was common with other people - as if heroin lets you see (makes you think you are seeing) a truth.  I am too afraid of it to try it.  I can understand if someone has had such rough times with it they don't want to say.  I'm just asking objectively.  No alterior motive.  Interesting songs, though.
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
Just wondered.    I wanted to know if the guy I used to work with's description was common with other people - as if heroin lets you see (makes you think you are seeing) a truth.
Heroin is intensely pleasurable. It removes pain, both physical and psychological. Temporarily. That doesn't really qualify as a truth.

I am too afraid of it to try it.
Heroin is an almost totally benign drug, so there's nothing to be afraid of.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 07:45:51 PM »
Heroin is an almost totally benign drug, so there's nothing to be afraid of.

As long as you completely trust the source and that your little baggie hasn't been cut with something not almost totally benign.

Pure heroine? No problem, good luck finding it.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:48 PM »
I loved morphine, myself. One of the few drugs I am not allergic to.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
As long as you completely trust the source and that your little baggie hasn't been cut with something not almost totally benign.
Most dealers who cut their stuff do so with neutral additives; otherwise their customers won't come back.

Pure heroine? No problem, good luck finding it.
Pure heroin is available and legally administered to thousands of UK citizens every day. Ambulance crews inject pure heroin into car-crash victims to relieve their pain. People dying of painful terminal diseases are given pure heroin, to relieve their pain.

Heroin is a beautiful drug. It relieves the worst pain, it has minimal side-effects.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
Most dealers who cut their stuff do so with neutral additives; otherwise their customers won't come back.

True for the most part but not every business man applies ethics or morals to their practice. Why take the chance unless you really trust your source?

Pure heroin is available and legally administered to thousands of UK citizens every day. Ambulance crews inject pure heroin into car-crash victims to relieve their pain. People dying of painful terminal diseases are given pure heroin, to relieve their pain.

Yay. So if shnozzola wants to try heroine risk free all he has to do is go to the UK and get into a serious car wreck.

Heroin is a beautiful drug. It relieves the worst pain, it has minimal side-effects.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
I like to try a heroine but they always slap me in the face. ;)

-Nam

Online Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
[...]lets you see (makes you think you are seeing) a truth. [...] I'm just asking objectively.

Mushrooms are generally described that way also.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
Oh, I miss 'shrooms. Used to make them into a tea. Mmmmmmm....

-Nam

Online Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
Nam, I always thought the blue hue from the tea was beautiful.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline bosey926

• Reader
  • Darwins +8/-1
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
     One of my best friends is a former heroin addict.  When we asked him "What does the high feel like?" his answer was just what I expected.  As I recall it, he said 'Just the same as morphine.  You can't feel anything physically, and psychologically, you're essentially in a state of perpetual self-contemplation...but with little to no concern.'  (This is from two years ago and is how I remember him saying it.  I don't remember the response verbatim.)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »
Oh, the good ol' days. Lots of drugs, and lots of sex with girls I wouldn't remember...much....the next day.

I miss my 20's. :(

-Nam

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +678/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 07:58:02 AM »
Anyone here ever tried heroin?  Or been an addict.  I would like to know your experiences if you do not mind. 

I've never done it, but you might read what William S Burroughs had to say about it.  He had a lot to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkie_(novel)

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline HalusN8er

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 08:18:44 AM »
I tried it twice, a long time ago.  I did not shoot it though, I snorted it in it's powder form.  I couldn't tell you what it feels like, though, because it didn't do anything to me!?  I did enough of it that I should have felt it.  In fact, the guy that I was with that gave it to me said I did a "junkie amount" of it.  The only thing I ever felt from it was, for about 5 minutes, I got really hot and a little nauseous.  But that passed and that was it.  The dude that gave it to me was addicted and it got him high.  So I'm fairly certain it wasn't that the stuff I did was no good.  I thought maybe I didn't feel it because I had been drinking and smoking pot before I did it, but the guy claimed that heroin can bring you off an acid trip...which means alcohol and weed are certainly not going to keep me from feeling it.  So, I'm not sure what that is all about...is it possible to be, for lack of a better word, immune to something like heroin?

Offline madeline

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
If I might ask what are bath salts?

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »
http://chemistry.about.com/od/drugs/a/Bath-Salts-Chemistry.htm

Little is known about how many people use "bath salts".[5] In the UK, mephedrone is the fourth most commonly used drug among nightclub goers after cannabis, MDMA and cocaine.[5] Based on reports to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, use of "bath salts" in the US is thought to have increased significantly between 2010 and 2011.[5] The increase in use is thought to be a result of their widespread availability and sensationalist media coverage.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salts_(drug)

Thanks everybody.  Is the morphine administered at the end of life, or in UK car accidents, or on the battlefield, etc., exactly the same as heroin?

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
Nevermind, I answered my own question.

http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/mim/drugs/html/morphine_text.htm

In the 1800s morphine (known then as laudanum) was a popular panacea and was available from grocers and markets

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:56:56 AM by shnozzola »

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
One of my best friends is a former heroin addict.  When we asked him "What does the high feel like?" his answer was just what I expected.  As I recall it, he said 'Just the same as morphine'.

Well, he would.

Heroin is diamorphine. If injected into the blood it changes into morphine when it reaches the brain, so the subjective effects are the same. Wiki:

The pharmacology of heroin and morphine is identical except the two acetyl groups increase the lipid solubility of the heroin molecule, causing it to cross the blood-brain barrier and enter the brain more rapidly. Once in the brain, these acetyl groups are removed to yield morphine, which causes the subjective effects of heroin.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »
True for the most part but not every business man applies ethics or morals to their practice. Why take the chance unless you really trust your source?
I agree; don't buy drugs from untrustworthy sources. From strangers on the street, for example.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Mr. B, if you happened to be seriously injured in a car-crash in the UK, and in terrible pain, you would accept the heroin offered you by the ambulance crew, and you would be enormously grateful for its effects - and lack of side-effects. Maybe that's not a conventional view of beauty, but it comes close - in my eyes.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »
I have a friend, when she was 17,and I was 20, she and I and a few others went to someone's house, and went to his bedroom, which was sound proof, and we all passed a joint around. She kept saying she didn't want any, and she was fine and she didn't understand why everyone laughed at that until I explained it to her.

She isn't a stupid person but in that moment she obviously was.

-Nam

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 08:14:48 PM »
Mr. B, if you happened to be seriously injured in a car-crash in the UK, and in terrible pain, you would accept the heroin offered you by the ambulance crew, and you would be enormously grateful for its effects - and lack of side-effects.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I would probably accept heroin for recreational purposes even now, if I trusted the source and I didn't have to pay for it.

All I am saying is that I think it's not a good idea, generally speaking, to espouse the glories of a substance that has the potential for abuse. There is great ugliness which comes with the beauty of such a narcotic as that.

Some people get lost while chasing the dragon....some people die.

Heroine should be approached with deference. 

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 10:54:23 PM »
^did you not see me make fun of you for spelling "heroin" as "heroine" above?

Do you want me to do it again, mister?

-Nam