Author Topic: Thank you [#671]  (Read 575 times)

Offline DL

Thank you [#671]
« on: November 13, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
Thanks for a very good piece -- the YouTube video.  I haven't read the site yet but I wanted to thank you for your clear-headed and well-done contribution to this "debate??".

Unfortunately, as education stagnates, religion gains power.  Let's hope the U.S. at least can make gains in educating young people. Eventually, enough straight thinkers will emerge from believing families and religion will wane even faster.

Thanks again,
[name]

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: Thank you [#671]
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
You should drop by the forum.  You sound like a clear-thinking, insightful individual.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Sota

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
StPatrick's right.  Stop on by.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
Unfortunately, as education stagnates, religion gains power.  Let's hope the U.S. at least can make gains in educating young people. Eventually, enough straight thinkers will emerge from believing families and religion will wane even faster.

Ooh, good word.  I actually had to look it up  ;).

Anyway, I second StPatrick and Sota.  You sound very reasonable and clear-headed... plus with an idea toward education and religion that I completely agree with.  Stop on by and join up.  It's free and no hassle.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Freezykow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "For the love of money is the root of all evil"
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:17 PM »
Come hither and give heed my young ward.
When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:44:36 AM »
Thanks for a very good piece -- the YouTube video.  I haven't read the site yet but I wanted to thank you for your clear-headed and well-done contribution to this "debate??".

Thanks again,
[name]

I agree.  It certainly is a battle between common sense and religious dogma, but I can see rationality increasing.  I think it's probably going to need a few more atrocities, but it's happening!