Author Topic: 1,000+ architects and engineers question 9-11 on PBS TV Colorado  (Read 698 times)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
I'm actually surprised this got a showing at all.

25,000 years collective technical and building professional experience is suspicious that the 9-11 collapses were actually controlled demolitions.

Again I mention that I do find it questionable why so many specific and pertinent questions go unanswered, and why was the original behaviour after the events so much like a coverup?

43:48 gives  very good insights into why people choose "not to even consider the possibility" that 9-11 wasn't the story they've been told by the officials.
The explanation of cognitive dissonance should have some resonance here.

I don't particularly like the delivery style and the "expert media presentation for effect" of this show, but I do find  (and always have) the science compelling.

You will note that this does not address any wider focus/theory/consideration other than controlled demolition.

Whatever your viewpoint, I think this one worth the watch.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +745/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: 1,000+ architects and engineers question 9-11 on PBS TV Colorado
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
I'll watch this as soon as I get a chance. I am not a conspiracy theorist and I can believe that the twin towers came down because of the planes, but I'll be damned if I can believe that hole in the ground in PA was where a large airliner crashed. Someone will have to show me examples of other airplane crashes where the entire craft disintegrated that completely.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:26:55 PM »
I'll watch this as soon as I get a chance. I am not a conspiracy theorist and I can believe that the twin towers came down because of the planes, but I'll be damned if I can believe that hole in the ground in PA was where a large airliner crashed. Someone will have to show me examples of other airplane crashes where the entire craft disintegrated that completely.

....and then there's that.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
Well, I just watched the video.  I have to say that I am stunned.  I don't really know what to think after watching, and after being shown something that challenges the story.

Some of the first conspiracy videos that came out tried way too hard to explain certain aspects of how everything was accomplished, so they lost me.  This video was compelling from a scientific perspective. 

The thing that enters my mind, is motivation, and who would be involved in such a thing. 

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:26 AM »
The moon landing was done on a sound stage.

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:14 AM »
The moon landing was done on a sound stage.

;)

-Nam

I'd prefer an on point insightful response if you've got one.  :)

Why people respond with automatic/kneejerk denial is fully addressed in the video .

Well, I just watched the video.  I have to say that I am stunned.  I don't really know what to think after watching, and after being shown something that challenges the story.

Some of the first conspiracy videos that came out tried way too hard to explain certain aspects of how everything was accomplished, so they lost me.  This video was compelling from a scientific perspective. 

The thing that enters my mind, is motivation, and who would be involved in such a thing. 

jets, this is old news now obviously, and the considered voices of the vid have more legitimacy than the rushed blizzard of wild conjecture that first stormed the web re this topic.

However, amidst the years of crazy conspiracies, much pertinent questioning was drowned out.

It always seemed to me that the most automatic ploy (if this is a conspiracy) would be to minimise the chance of accurate voices (accurate by considered analysis or wildest guess ....doesn't matter) being heard, by filling the world with as much bizarre and ridiculous noise (read truly stupid conspiracy ideas) as possible.

I have watched (as a hobby) this entire thing unfold on the web since the event.

Some vids that I have seen raising some questions certainly raised issues that I've had to reward with a "interesting that that has not been answered" point or two.

Regarding who benefits jets, there were early vids discussing this very question. They in themselves were compelling.

What I've found most compelling is the sheer volume of circumstantial evidence, of conflict of interests, of suspiciously fortuitous outcomes, of improbabilities, and now with the OP vid re-visiting and re-assessing and fundamentally questioning the governments' story regarding the real-world physics/chemistry of the event, I find myself yet again wondering why these questions were not fully addressed and laid to bed by the official inquiries.

I have not kept the early links, but web trawling will find you innumerable "questions" regarding motive, beneficiaries, etc etc

here's the 9-11 conspiracy in under 5 minutes  (barely scratches the surface)

Another thing that I am not surprised at is the abuse to which those who ask questions about this are subjected. It only serves the purpose of the proposed conspirators to establish the automatic condemnation and belittlement of anyone asking questions.

Of course conspiracy is part of our monkey nature, and to make "conspiracy theorist" a pejorative is absolutely classic 1984.

Anyway, the enthusiasm, zeal and the inaccuracies and manipulation of information to labour a point are pathetic sins that the theorists are every bit as guilty of as the best propagandists, but the sheer volume of WTF illogics, inconsistencies, staggering coincidences, just wont disappear.

I remember an early series of questions that asked about where supposedly "actual" footage was shot on the day.
The POV was traced to where the camera person must have been to capture the images, and some image captures were completely inexplicable, in that you would've needed to be  X-feet up in the air mid-lake to actually get the shot.
Also a particular NY building seemed to be missing from the shot, and the research showed that just "coincidentally" that particular building was incorrectly coded in google world map and thusly showed only a flat footprint (no height), not the required 3D form to include it in the footage.

Or the audio visual amateur footage that supposedly showed the visual explosives impact from X miles away, where the visual impact moment is simultaneous to the sound. Fuck the laws of physics.

I remember agreeing that the simplest way to debunk these quandaries is for the TV studio's to name the camera persons involved. Those persons could then hose down the stupid doubts.
Was any camera person revealed?  .....No.

Who benefitted ? 

http://www.globalresearch.ca/9-11-who-really-benefited

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +522/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 07:02:40 AM »
I am not a conspiracy theorist
Neither am I
but I'll be damned if I can believe that hole in the ground in PA was where a large airliner crashed. Someone will have to show me examples of other airplane crashes where the entire craft disintegrated that completely.
1. Yesterday, I was watching a video of horrible road accidents; in one, a large SUV doing about 60-70mph skidded into the oncoming lane and was hit dead-on by a semi/artic doing a fair speed. The result was amazing - the SUV simply disintegrated into small pieces, which were flung over a large area - the aftermath must have given the impression of a complete absence of an SUV.

2. Aircraft are extremely flimsy things and are constructed to minimise the volume of materials. Go to http://www.komonews.com/news/local/130047583.html?tab=gallery&c=y&img=0 and flick through the images - not much left of an aircraft.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »
The first two minutes of that film alone were chilling.
Most Americans have no idea what freedoms they have given up in the guise of
protection.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »
How could they have organized something like that so fast?  The government can't even track guns to Mexico, figure out how Wall Street is ripping them off, and run the postal service without billions in debt.

Now if you are talking antient aliens then we have a whole new ballgame. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
kin - I appreciate your perspective, and your research efforts over this.  I am, as the video suggested, finding it very difficult to break the "cognitive dissonance" that kicks in when thinking about the possibilities.  I'm reminded of TWA flight 800, the exploded over Long island, and the idea that it may have been shot down by a guided missile from a U.S. battleship.  As I was confronted with that scenario, I was astounded that such a claim could even be made by Americans!

An entire battle ship of U.S. Navy crew fires a surface to air missile directly at a commercial airliner, and goes about their lives without a single person stepping forward to reveal the dastardly truth.  I LOL'd it away, and accepted the "science" that explained the empty middle fuel tank, sparked by some kind of electrical short in that tank.  That particular explanation seems completely plausible.

In thinking about the specific events of 9/11, my mind is also now considering the logistics required, and the utter lack of air defense from the military, either by SAM or fighter.  I accepted the failures because I truly believe that we were simply complacent, and we let our guard down.  I'm not happy with that idea though, because we have highly trained military security and defense experts watching everything, don't we?

Like the AE group in the video, the focus for a new investigation should center on the building collapse, and considering all of the evidence presented.  I would like to see this done in a way that does not allow any conflict of interest, and does not rely on a specific group, but rather a consortium of properly skilled people in the fields necessary to do the investigation. 

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »
How could they have organized something like that so fast?  The government can't even track guns to Mexico, figure out how Wall Street is ripping them off, and run the postal service without billions in debt.

Now if you are talking antient aliens then we have a whole new ballgame. ;)

The bumbling idiots forgot to tell tiny fragments of explosive material to disappear, and for physics to suspend themselves during the event.   ;D

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »
The 'best' simulation and engineering FEA software analysis available today has debunked this.

http://www.3ds.com/products/simulia/overview/

http://www.simulia.com/academics/tutorial_pdfs/World_Trade_Failure_Analysis.pdf

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:36:46 AM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »
WTC 5 was a partial collapse, correct?  Is this paper attempting to show that the partial collapse can easily explain the complete collapse of the 3 other towers?

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »

And this is the thing.  Most people who have spent any length of time working in any agency of the federal government tend to be pretty skeptical of government conspiracy theories because we know, from firsthand experience, how bureaucratic and inefficient those agencies are.

Several months ago, for example, I started working at the National Geodetic Survey, an agency of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.  After I had been there for my three-month introductory period (a fairly standard arrangement for government contractors), I was brought on board full-time and informed that it was time for me to get my government ID badge.  At this point, my heart just sank, and I remember thinking to myself, "Oh, gods, here we go", because I knew what I was going to be in for.

My immediate supervisor told me there was a form I needed to complete, which I would then need to take to our government representative.  I completed it and went to see the government rep, who then told me that I needed to complete a second form.  I returned to my supervisor to report this; he expressed confusion, saying that I should need only the one, but that if I was being told to complete a second one, I should probably go ahead and complete it, which I did.  I then returned to the government rep, who gave me some conflicting information about what needed to be completed on the two forms, which caused me to have to go back to my desk, redo the forms, and return to his desk several times.  Finally, they were both done to his satisfaction.  Total lapsed time at this point: about two days.

I then went to the badging office, which was in a different building, only to find that it had been closed and moved -- no notice given to anyone, no information posted about where it had been moved to.  I returned to the entry of the building and found out from the security officer where the new badging office was, headed there, and gave the badging officer both forms.  The badging officer informed me that neither form was the correct one and said that I needed to complete a third, different form.  I returned to my desk, printed the form, completed it, and got the appropriate signatures, a process that took another day.  The following morning, I returned to the badging office during the regularly scheduled hours that it was supposed to be open, only to find it closed -- no explanation was offered, then or ever.  I returned the next day, found the office open, and after sitting in that office for another hour or so, finally got my badge.

In other words, after three different people gave me three different sets of instructions, and after having to track down the new location of the badging office, and after having to move back and forth between two different campus buildings several times, all of which took place over a period of about a week, I was finally issued an ID badge that does nothing more than allow me to enter the building where we engage in the completely unremarkable activity of studying and monitoring the earth's crust.  Please believe me when I tell you that this kind of thing is the rule, not the exception, and it's not just this one agency, either.

And yet we're supposed to believe that the federal government masterminded the destruction of three skyscrapers while placing the blame at the feet of a terrorist organization that admits that they're the ones behind the attack?  And that they've managed to keep it a secret all this time?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »

And yet we're supposed to believe that the federal government masterminded the destruction of three skyscrapers while placing the blame at the feet of a terrorist organization that admits that they're the ones behind the attack?  And that they've managed to keep it a secret all this time?

Regardless of what we each think about our sprawling and inefficient government, don't you think we need to understand exactly why these independent experts are unhappy with the investigation?  I'm not sure if you watched the video, but they were not blaming the government at all, they were simply asking the largely unanswered questions regarding the evidence.  At most, they were challenging what appears to be one of the most ineffective investigations possible, given the seriousness of the event.

Now, if we consider that multiple agencies had to be involved, then we are going into a territory where many would conclude that such coordination is laughable.  But we have to get there first.  And a thorough and unbiased investigation may lead us to something completely different.

We can't rule out who was behind such a thing, until we know with certainty that the three towers collapsed exactly as the original investigation concluded.  That's where the challenge is.

That video demonstrated some very serious challenges to how things unfolded, and how those buildings collapsed.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 09:39:28 AM »

Regardless of what we each think about our sprawling and inefficient government, don't you think we need to understand exactly why these independent experts are unhappy with the investigation?

Sure.

I'm not sure if you watched the video

I did, even though I was fairly sure it wouldn't contain anything I hadn't already read about before.  (It didn't.)

but they were not blaming the government at all, they were simply asking the largely unanswered questions regarding the evidence.  At most, they were challenging what appears to be one of the most ineffective investigations possible, given the seriousness of the event.

True, but Truthers almost universally say that the conspiracy was masterminded by the federal government.  I'm not aware of any Truthers who blame anyone else for it.

That video demonstrated some very serious challenges to how things unfolded, and how those buildings collapsed.

The arguments presented in the video have been around for some years now, and they've all been refuted, as a Google search will readily reveal.  Here's one place you might start:
http://www.debunking911.com/moltensteel.htm
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
kin hell,

It was on point. Stupid conspiracy theories.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
I must say, the building 7 collapse, I do not understand that at all.  But the conspiracy "in" crowd is what interests me.  The "who benefitted " link is, well....

Let's see who benefitted (who was at the original planning meeting):
      -A rep. from the New York Port Authority
      -A rep from the Afghan heroin industry
      -A rep from "the military complex"
      -A rep from Israel (I believe Israel has a rep at every meeting)
      -Oil company reps that want to put a pipe through Afghanistan
      -A rep from Christianity and Judaism angry at Muslims
      -A rep from people with a desire to destroy the political strength and good will of the American people and government.
      -A rep from politically motivated people with the desire to use “fear,” namely terrorism, as an excuse to curtail and destroy civil liberties and freedoms normally
honored in democratic countries.
      -We may as well say Dick Cheney and a rep from Halibuton were there along with the Koch Brothers, but strangely enough, George Soros and Bill and Hillary Clinton

I like at the end where the global research link says:
         If lawyers don’t start making more noise we could have some serious problems.  :o My own opinion is the complete  opposite of that
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:31:56 AM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »
Thanks for that link piano...

Seems that my brain is susceptible to "scientific" explanations, and wants to agree with "experts", whenever it involves details that I am not formally trained in.  I'm not sure what to think.  Occams Razor should play a role here, so I would need to do a lot more reading to see where this AE group is headed, and why.

This AE group may be small, and similar to the group of scientists that don't believe the theory of evolution.  But they are not unreasonable on video.  However, video only presents the perspective of the person behind the camera, so it can be tricky to navigate.

Another thought; if this event did not happen as we all believe it did, and if there were a small group behind the perpetration of such a thing, what would be the benefit of discovering it at this point?  The further we get in time from the actual disaster, the less impact it has on our daily lives.  It would certainly be shocking, and justice would need to prevail somehow, but all of the families, and victims will go largely unchanged for the most part.  I'm not trying to be insensitive, just wondering what the ultimate impact would really be.

If we found out that Johnson ordered the assassination of Kennedy, what would happen?

Anyway, as always, my conclusion so far is that if there is a god, he really did a very shitty job creating human brains.  It's alomist like we are just animals!   ;D

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
One point that I didn't see mentioned is that the asbestos fire protectant on the steel girders was removed years earlier from all three buildings, I think during the first Bush Admin. This was because of the ridiculous fear of asbestos. The towers would be standing today if hysteria hadn't changed their design.

Asbestos has to be friable to be inhaled and the coating in the towers was hard coated cast. Not a cancer danger.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »
One point that I didn't see mentioned is that the asbestos fire protectant on the steel girders was removed years earlier from all three buildings, I think during the first Bush Admin. This was because of the ridiculous fear of asbestos. The towers would be standing today if hysteria hadn't changed their design.

Asbestos has to be friable to be inhaled and the coating in the towers was hard coated cast. Not a cancer danger.

IIRC this is completely incorrect.  No offence intended Brake, I would be happy to be shown wrong with a pertinent link.

I believe the fact the buildings were full of asbestos was known prior to the event, and the required removal was one of the projected massive $ costs hanging over them.

I am speaking from memory (which could be faulty) but I believe the buildings were already a known white elephant money drain, the legally required asbestos removal was held off for some? years already because the task cost would break the owners. (again working from ancient memory)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:56:40 PM by kin hell »

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
I should clarify that I am aware that I was one of the people who scoffed at Lindy Chamberlain's "a dingo ate my baby" defence.

I was convinced that she was an evil lying bitch.

I was shamefully wrong.

That episode made me aware that I cannot trust my judgement when it is informed at third hand, by mass media and rumour.

So I don't hold a position in this apart from a self limiting overview informed by the knowledge that I cannot trust my emotional responses.

I also recognise that the cynical Bush hating side of me is predisposed to believing he and his cronies very capable of this (morally), but like all, I question the possibility of them pulling it off without a whistleblower having stepped forward to date.

I am aware of the debunking material that exists, and in reference to the OP vid do wonder why these questions are still being asked (by these people) if the debunking had supposedly answered all.

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 12:45:37 AM »
I believe the US Government is wont to deceive its public if it determines that there is a need to do so.  There are many examples. 

The Phoenix Lights is my personal favorite. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights.  My wife and I watched as this story unfolded.  Local news and people on the scene had video of this massive thing flying overhead.  The story was walked back rather quickly (flares from an A10, the governor introducing a person in an alien costume at a press conference (all the reporters laughed). 

I saw the disinformation and attempts to discredit the sightings, as they happened.  I was disgusted.  I realized that if the government didn't want people to know about something, they would go to any lengths to muddy the waters.  The incident probably wasn't an alien craft but it was something the gov. didn't want known.  What should have been a major news item was effectively quashed.

When the WTC conspiracy theories emerged, I knew it would be the same sort of thing.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »

IIRC this is completely incorrect. 

What does IIRC Mean?

Evidently I had heard this from a conspiracy site. When you prompted me to check my source, (which I can't remember), I found that other's debunk this claim.
http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=2122044&postcount=60

However, according to the debunking site, the steel was still covered with an even more capable mineral wool cast, which could have withstood fires for a very long time.

This of course causes another problem because they didn't, not even in areas above and below the impact zone it seems.

Weird..
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 06:53:15 AM »
IIRC - If I recall correctly.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +522/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Regardless of what we each think about our sprawling and inefficient government, don't you think we need to understand exactly why these independent experts are unhappy with the investigation? 
You would have to ask if the independent experts (or indeed anyone) had access to all the information; are all of the experts in precise accord? Are the calculations based upon theoretical stresses and strains and the properties of new materials or are they calculated taking into account any degradation or faults that might have been present in the structures' materials? An d do we know how each piece was produced? Were there faults?

As a practical issue, the precise, and I mean precise, distances at the point of impact are critical - we will never know this.

This delving into the absolutely minute details in order to find a definitive explanation is usually doomed to failure. There is the classic case of the Space Shuttle Challenger disasterWiki the offending part was an O-ring - but no one asks, "Yes, but why did Challenger blow up in "EXACTLY" that way?

Then there is the Kennedy assassination -how long did the investigations go on? What did we learn from it? We learned that we can never know the whole and precise truth about past events.

The crying out for more and more detail reminds me of the "transitional fossil argument": the more fossils you find, the more "transitional fossils" are required.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
You would have to ask if the independent experts (or indeed anyone) had access to all the information; are all of the experts in precise accord? Are the calculations based upon theoretical stresses and strains and the properties of new materials or are they calculated taking into account any degradation or faults that might have been present in the structures' materials? An d do we know how each piece was produced? Were there faults?

The whole thing is just ridiculous in so many ways.  The thermite thing, for example.  I noticed in the video that nobody delved into a pertinent question: how much thermite would it take to bring down the buildings that way?  The lowest estimate I've ever heard is ten tons of thermite per building[1].  Most other estimates I've heard are much higher than that.  Which immediately brings up the question: how the hell did the villains install all that thermite without a single person noticing (or blabbing)?

Another thing I think is interesting... you know, if you were a novelist or screenwriter or something like that in the Twentieth Century, and you pitched this idea -- that the World Trade Center could be destroyed by terrorists hijacking airplanes -- you'd probably be told that the idea was too farfetched for audiences or readers to be able to engage in willing suspension of disbelief.  The real conspiracy, the one that Al Qaeda managed to pull off, is already incredibly astonishing.  There's no reason to wonder whether anything even more "out there" is the "real truth".
 1. and that estimate was made by someone who believed that the buildings were brought down with thermite

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »
Got to hate those termites.[1]

-Nam
 1. just a little levity
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:55:29 PM by Nam »