Author Topic: Ted Nugent is coming to town.  (Read 234 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
Ted Nugent is coming to town.
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
Freedom Hall. Johnson City, TN 7:00p.m (est)  October 14th, 2012. Tickets are free for this speaking engagement.

Should I go?  I think I might.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Ted Nugent is coming to town.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
I saw him at a Wango Tango concert many years ago.  Great show. 

At this point, I wouldn't go anywhere near the lunatic.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
Well that's the thing...it's not even a concert. Just him speaking his mind. Since the tickets are free i'm guessing his opinion is either worthless or priceless.  :P
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
Well that's the thing...it's not even a concert. Just him speaking his mind. Since the tickets are free i'm guessing his opinion is either worthless or priceless.  :P

I don't care that he's a conservative, but from what I've seen, he's off the deep end.  Might actually be fun to watch.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »
The Deep End has officially refused association with Mr Nugent.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
Here's the story:

TOKYO -- Speaking at an impromptu press conference during the annual convention of The Deep End, the organization's secretary, Randy Quaid, announced that famed music guitarist, infamous firearm fan, and general celebrity, Ted Nugent, has been officially declined admission to the heralded organization.

Quaid reported that during a procedural meeting last week held at the headquarters for the organization in the Mariana Trench, those in attendance of the Selection Committee unanimously voted against granting admission to Nugent on various grounds.

"The members expressed concerns that Mr Nugent doesn't reflect the qualities and characteristics that are most desirable among the members of our organization," stated Quaid.

An esteemed member of the organization, who requested anonymity for reasons of personal safety, reports that the membership was up in arms over the admittance of a decidedly eccentric character that could enhance the public image of the organization and breathe new life into the movement. The membership feared that Nugent would insist on personally carrying his firearm while being inaugurated in the organization's headquarters under the sea. This member also reports that their headquarters could not survive even the possibility of friendly fire as it would sink their organization further into oblivion. Nugent has been known to fire off his mouth at anything and we are concerned that his lack of care extends to firearm ownership. The anonymous member stated that the organization appreciates and is attracted to all kinds of eccentric people, but they must draw a line in the sand when it comes to crazy people.

We contacted Nugent for comment and a spokesperson for the celebrity provided us with the following statement: "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Quaid responded that Nugent is apparently unaware of the atmospheric constraints faced by the Deep End organization and its membership, "Perhaps Mr Nugent would find better kinship in the Mile High Club where there is less pressure to meet higher standards."

In other organizational news, this presidential election cycle saw the Selection Committee extend membership invitations to Rep Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and former Sen Rick Santorum (R-PA). The next annual conference is scheduled in July 2013 with a special cruise around the Bikini Atoll.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha...too funny.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
So which of those were the reason when Dick Cheney shot the hunter?
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »
Well, I decided not to go.

I stayed home and played Battle Ship Salvo on the Wii with my kids and watched an episode of Alpha on netflix with my wife.

I think I made a wise choice but I can't help but think I probably missed something...spectacular...meh.

Online stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
Maybe you can ask a question to set him off!!!

I bought his Cat Scratch Fevor Album on a whim way back when it first came out. Loved the album, still like the songs, but hate the man. He has two minor but illegal hunting incidents on record, both of which demonstrate his disregard for ethical hunting pratices. Sounds like real man and a solid gun owner. 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.