Author Topic: Origin of 'dream and vision' Accounts FOUND  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
Origin of 'dream and vision' Accounts FOUND
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:53:27 AM »
Religions cite their 'dream and vision' accounts from their apocalyptic texts as being 'just symbolic'.

This is incorrect.

An Australian researcher has found the source of those 'dream and vision' accounts, and it is not of a supernatural origin.

Follow Ronald Pegg's path* of Discovery as he presents evidence that 'a Modern Object has been Described and Depicted - Back in the Past'.

*OBSERVATION - HYPOTHESIS - TESTING - CONCLUSION - REPORTS - CONSEQUENCES

Test his claim for yourself. One particular modern object is examined.

Its contents is the source of documented 'dream and vision' accounts from various apocalyptic texts - particularly from the Bible.

There is an On-Line Interactive Evaluation of 4 Ancient Accounts for you to complete as part of the TESTING process.

Link: www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
Re: Origin of 'dream and vision' Accounts FOUND
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:41 AM »
Looks like a B movie intro.  Time traveling CD.
Did they find the player in a cave yet?

:?
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +51/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:38:19 AM »
Straw clutching in the extreme, Wow!
The title should be "The Amazing Imagination of  RONALD PEGG".
It is laughably pathetic. It cries of desperation.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:45:09 AM »
why would you conclude that this modern object was the source of the ancient dream visions
instead of an account of those visions?
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 07:19:17 AM »
Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:10:08 AM »
CONCLUSION Some form of Time Travel - Back to the Past - has occurred

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »
Say WHAT?!?!!!!!!!!!

I still fail to see how the OP or that website proves anything regarding time travel back to the past, as occurring. Perhaps I am not getting it, which is a possibility.

This whole little line,

Imagery from this 1995 produced cd-rom entitled Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean
IS documented and described in certain Ancient Texts

CONCLUSION         Some form of Time Travel - Back to the Past - has occurred

doesn't really make any sense.

Wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable to also say that whatever is described in certain Ancient Texts is also found on a CD rom? Doesn't mean that the CD rom is the source of the texts, but the other way around. I mean, those texts have been around for a long ass time, and CDs are relatively new technology compared to the span of civilization.

Oh well. Some people believe in miracle spring water; others believe a CD is the inspiration of certain texts written thousands of years ago.

haha, apparently  it has been carved in caves in Egypt of how to use a CD rom. Here's the instructions:

Here's the details: http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/consequences.html

Test his claim for yourself. One particular modern object is examined.

I always hate it when people say test this claim for yourself. Chances are I will draw to a different conclusion. It would be one thing if this claim was scientific, but since this claim is just from the mind of a nutcase, I choose not to test this claim.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:30:46 AM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +663/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
bm
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
time to pull the DeLorean out of the garage and place some symbols in the past
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »
Eddy, I hope you come back, because I hate it when people believe this kind of stuff. I am hoping the members here can convince you that this 'finding' or whatever is complete garbage.

Here's a picture I find interesting (taken from the website)

with this caption next to it:

Witnesses holding plastic cd-case
from an early 1800s picture
before PLASTIC was invented

http://www.thesecondwitness.com.au/wbdimage/cdhand.jpg

Has this Ronald Pegg proven that this is a plastic CD case? According to him (I assume) this is a plastic CD case that has travel back in time (I guess). But did he travel back in time to see if those in that picture are actually holding a CD case.

To me it looks like a box of some sort. I don't know the material of it, but I assume it might be wood, with a glass top. I don't know, and I am not going to simply assume it's plastic.

I'm sorry, but I wish you wouldn't believe in this kind of stuff. You are free to believe in whatever god you want too, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and I think this belief of yours is the place.

Come on bro, you need to think of something more convincing than this
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:20:06 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »
why would you conclude that this modern object was the source of the ancient dream visions instead of an account of those visions?
Finding the same and similar descriptions in over 30 ancient texts, each by a different person, often in a different country, and different times - indicates that either the 'same story' has been told, or 'something' was individually seen by all these different people.

The main proof for the latter is that most of the 'first hand encounters' with named ancient people, report a messenger in a bright light appearing to them, holding a 'special book' (the cd), that was reported as being 'shown to that ancient person' who also reports he was 'told to write down what he saw' - which he then did, with those descriptions matching to the contents of the cited cd-rom.

In other words, the ancient account itself reports the cd* being physically held and shown to the named ancient person.

* aka. Wheel, Tablet, Seer Stone, Urim, Stone, Book, roll of a book.

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 02:02:15 AM »
Wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable to also say that whatever is described in certain Ancient Texts is also found on a CD rom? Doesn't mean that the CD rom is the source of the texts, but the other way around. I mean, those texts have been around for a long ass time, and CDs are relatively new technology compared to the span of civilization.
You must have missed this from the cited site (used with permission):
While the descriptions are from the 95 CE text called the Book of Revelation (from the Christian New Testament) the 1995 Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean cd-rom

is not about 95 CE Greece nor circa 30 CE Judea nor Christianity.

The civilizations presented are from around the Mediterranean region from betwen 2000 BCE and 476 CE being Etruria, Carthage, Roman Empire, Greece, Phoenicia and Egypt.

The Etrurian section shows things Eturian 900 - 1 BCE.
The Roman section shows things Roman 800 BCE - 476 AD.
The Greece section shows things Greek 2000 - 100 BCE.
The Phoenician section shows things Phoenician 1300 - 200 BCE.
The Carthage section shows things Carthagian 900 - 100 BCE.
The Egyptian section only presents seven brief video shows, with no other pages nor historical content.

As there was no educational nor historical reason why the makers of the cd-rom would have used Christian imagery in their secular historical cd-rom, Ronald Pegg wondered what else might be described in that ancient text.

The cd-rom does not describe Christian imagery.
Christian (and many other) texts describe the same pictures that are on the cd-rom.

I always hate it when people say test this claim for yourself. Chances are I will draw to a different conclusion.
That is the whole point of the 4 Text Evaluation.
If the descriptions in the ancient texts do not describe pictures from the cd-rom, then Pegg is wrong. The only way to find out is to look and evaluate the texts & cd.

Is Ronald Pegg correct ?
The evidence says YES.

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 02:08:31 AM »
…Here's a picture I find interesting (taken from the website)

with this caption next to it:
Witnesses holding plastic cd-case from an early 1800s picture before PLASTIC was invented

Has this Ronald Pegg proven that this is a plastic CD case?
Yes, he has concluded that the objects being held are plastic cd-cases.
Full report: http://tt2012.com.au/PPHC-SG/smith_encounter/

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 02:11:13 AM »
Holy crap I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!! What must I do now? Who do I pray to? Where do I send my money?

Oh no, wait, Mormons?? Uh, no thanks, they're nuts.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:16:43 AM by natlegend »

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 02:17:59 AM »
...haha, apparently  it has been carved in caves in Egypt of how to use a CD rom. Here's the instructions:
Not in caves, but on the Papyrus of Ani, Thebes, now held by the British Museum (from 1888).
WBD Report (2010): http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/ref/glyphs_2010.html

My earlier investigation with Context, 2006:
http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/ref/glyphs_2006.html
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:22:55 AM by Eddy_P »

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 02:22:22 AM »
...Oh no, wait, Mormons??
The Mormon Church was/is unaware of the cd-rom.
Smith described the cds as ‘artifacts’, and was more interested in them than the translating of the golden plates.
(See information via the link in a previous response earlier.)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 02:24:56 AM »
Eddy, what is your point?

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 03:01:46 AM »
This being a discussion forum and all, you DO have a point, don't you Eddy?

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +51/-8
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »
Quote from: Eddy P
Yes, he has concluded that the objects being held are plastic cd-cases.
Full report: http://tt2012.com.au/PPHC-SG/smith_encounter/

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:35:13 PM by bertatberts »
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +560/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »
Sorry, anecdotal depictions of things that look like CDs or cases don't fly.

Furthermore, there's a fairly critical flaw of reasoning - CDs and DVDs are completely useless without something to read the data off of them, something to present that data, and some way to power it (and keep it powered).  Without those, it completely begs the question of why a time traveler would travel back in time to give useless data disks and cases to people when they couldn't be used.  It isn't remotely enough to point to grainy pictures and written descriptions of things that might be data discs and cases and then claim that it proves time travel.

Because it doesn't.  At all.  Now, if this person had found actual examples of modern technology from hundreds or thousands of years ago, that could be examined and checked, then there might be reason to consider the time travel hypothesis.  But right now, there are far simpler explanations for those records than that.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:23 AM »
Eddy, I notice that you and Ronald Pegg are both from Australia and that you have "_P" as part of your user name.  Are you a relative of Ronald Pegg?

And are you aware that Photoshop/the GIMP is one possible explanation for the photographic "evidence" being offered on Mr. Pegg's website?

And in the (IMO very, very unlikely) event that the "time-travelling CDs" hypothesis is correct, what do you propose we actually do with this information?  Contact the RIAA and sic them on all the ancient prophets for copyright infringement?  Charter a TARDIS for day trips?  What, exactly?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »
...Furthermore, there's a fairly critical flaw of reasoning - CDs and DVDs are completely useless without something to read the data off of them, something to present that data, and some way to power it (and keep it powered). 

Without those, it completely begs the question of why a time traveler would travel back in time to give useless data disks and cases to people when they couldn't be used.
Correct. Mid 1990s compact disks originally ran on mid 1990s computers.
A computer was taken back too.
Link to some FAQ that address your qs: http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/ref/faq.html#Q7

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 01:08:06 AM »
Eddy, I notice that you and Ronald Pegg are both from Australia and that you have "_P" as part of your user name.  Are you a relative of Ronald Pegg?
No.
Ronald Pegg was a private researcher from Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
In 1996 he began examining and studying 'hidden messages' in ancient manuscripts, then from 1998 he made a series of amazing but baffling discoveries and findings, and concluded that Finding modern OBJECTS documented, described and depicted in Ancient Texts is PROOF of TIME TRAVEL.

My name is Eddy Pengelly, from South Australia (a totally different state).
I was the primary researcher and spokesperson for the PPHC Study Group (2003-2006)
I was the chief consultant for World Breaking Discoveries (2007 - 2011) and from 2012 chief consultant for Ron Pegg Discoveries Pty Ltd

Ron Pegg's claims were contentious and in total contradiction to what I had learnt at Church and School, but after the initial shock of being presented an opinion so different to anything that I had previously encountered, I decided to continue to examine his claims and personally evaluate the evidence for myself with an open mind - by concentrating on the presented evidence while trying to put aside my own ideas about the emotive topics I was studying.

After taking four years of part time study to recheck his resources then a further four years of personal investigations, it is now my honest belief that what we have been told about ancient religious and historical events may not be exactly what really happened as reported by our historians.
While his original research has been available over the internet for many years, I believed it was now time that the general public here in Australia are given the opportunity to personally investigate the evidence for themselves.

I set up a Study Group, produced seminars and study sessions, and created a website in order for people from all over the world to be able to preview some of his amazing discoveries and gain access to our Resource Books that report upon his findings.

The POINT of Pegg's discoveries is that the origins of Religions have been found - and they are not of divine origin, as the stories are about the pictures and contents of modern cd-roms due to time travel trips back to the past.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 01:10:05 AM »
I took the little quiz, got like a 12% match.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 01:23:18 AM »
The POINT of Pegg's discoveries is that the origins of Religions have been found - and they are not of divine origin, as the stories are about the pictures and contents of modern cd-roms due to time travel trips back to the past.

But why would someone from the 20th Century take a CD-ROM back in time to put on a show for less technologically advanced cultures, with the specific intention of starting religions?

More importantly, why did none of the resulting religions transmit anything that would have actually advanced those cultures, such as germ theory (as opposed to "demon theory") and washing one's hands to protect against disease?

And may I have the schematics for the time machine, please?  I'd like to have some words with Cyril of Alexandria, Charlemagne, Olaf I of Norway, and Pope Innocent VIII.  *cracks knuckles*
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 05:22:27 AM »
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »
And may I have the schematics for the time machine, please?  I'd like to have some words with Cyril of Alexandria, Charlemagne, Olaf I of Norway, and Pope Innocent VIII.  *cracks knuckles*

I'd be more than satisfied with just saving the Library at Alexandria.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +51/-8
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »
A computer was taken back too.

It was a Samsung NC215S the first solar powered notebook computer issued in 2011,[1] they took one of them back to 1995 collected a few cd's and the continued to travel to the ancient past. 

Whatever sensible question we pose, he will comeback with a little more BS. Such is the nature of the ?( your term here)
 1. Oh there was a patent  in 1993 for a solar powered laptop. http://www.google.com/patents. But it was never made.

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
Mr. Pegg needs to stop smoking or shooting whatever he is using. That stuff is really bad for ones health. It has clearly caused him to hallucinate.