Author Topic: Hello from Australia  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
Hello from Australia
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:47:28 AM »
My name is Eddy Pengelly.
I was the primary researcher and spokesperson for the PPHC Study Group (2003-2006).

I was the chief consultant for World Breaking Discoveries (2007 - 2011)
and currently the 2012 chief consultant for Ron Pegg Discoveries Pty Ltd.

Australian researcher, Ronald Pegg, found Evidence of Time Travel.

His claims were contentious and in total contradiction to what I had learnt at Church and School, but after the initial shock of being presented an opinion so different to anything that I had previously encountered, I decided to continue to examine his claims and personally evaluate the evidence for myself with an open mind - by concentrating on the presented evidence while trying to put aside my own ideas about the emotive topics I was studying.

After taking four years of part time study to recheck his resources then a further four years of personal investigations, it is now my honest belief that what we have been told about ancient religious and historical events may not be exactly what really happened as reported by our historians.

While his original research has been available over the internet for many years, I believe it is now time that the general public world-wide are given the opportunity to personally investigate the evidence for themselves.

I have come to this forum to do so.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Hello from Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:57:21 AM »
Welcome!

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:20:21 AM »
I love the "Witnesses holding plastic cd-case" bit. You won me over!
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »
Eddy, are you prepared to have your idea torn to shreds, have every person on the forum agree with the assessment that it is utter shite, but fail to change your own mind? Because that's going to happen.

I've been here a long time, and, I've seen this scenario play out before. Whatever is written, you will continue to believe your crackpot idea. Probably, you need to believe it for some deep-seeded, emotionally deranged reason.

I reccommend you just skip ahead to the parthian shot; maybe a little something along the lines of "you're all closed-minded" and / or "denying the truth". Comfort yourself thinking that you are a critical thinker who's examined the evidence, and everything else has conspired against your brilliant discovery. As you remain obscure for your entire life, remain steadfast that you have finally uncovered the truth and revealed it on your ridiculously outdated website with a picture of a CD on it.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
No sorry, he hasn't.  He needs to go back to the drawing board, And start over.
But even then he won't find any evidence of time travel, but he can dream can't he.

Nutjobs abound!
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:30:06 AM »
I think this is his website - LOL -

http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/

3sigma

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »
From the Crank HOWTO

Step one: Develop a wacky idea

It is critical that your wacky idea must be something pretty extraordinary. A good crank shoots for the stars. You don’t defend to the death some simple opinion, like Coke is better than Pepsi. You’ve got to think big! You’ve got to do something like deny HIV causes AIDS, or relativity, or reject an entire field of biology, or deny the earth is older than 6000 years. If you can’t think of anything, try reading the Bible for claims that are now obviously ludicrous – like the possibility of climbing into heaven using a ladder. Insist on its literal truth.

The thing you deny has to be something that’s so obvious to the majority of people that when they hear it, they want to hear an explanation, if only because it’s clearly going to be nuts. This is critical to all successive steps. If you don’t say something outrageous and contrarian, no one will ever see you as the iconoclastic genius that you are.

Step two: Disseminate your idea

These days, technology has provided us what is known as a blog. Your target audience, despite the improvements in technology, are just as likely not to care as before. Less so, because now they don’t even have to experience the inconvenience of opening your crank letter or having to file your crank book. The secret to generating traffic then is exploiting the fact that the internet gives access to all sorts of people who will be irritated by your mere presence. Leave comments in others blogs that describe how you have solved this big problem, where everyone else has failed. Ideally, get a minion to constantly extol your virtues and genius. If one is lacking just sockpuppet yourself from another computer. It’s not even necessary to leave comments at science blogs or (real) skeptic sites.

Step three: (Not) Responding to Criticism

Step four: Get Persecuted!

Step one – completed.
Step two – completed.
Step three – about to commence…

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »
http://www.care2.com/news/member/542365320/617087

Impressive beard, Eddy. 

would you be a mensch and score yourself here:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
Edward - I guess I can call you Eddy.  This is fantastic news.  You will be very wealthy as the world learns of these discoveries.

On the east side of NYC there is a bridge that may be dismantled without a buyer.  It is old and in need of some repair, but a man like you will be able to make a fortune as the owner, able to charge thousands of cars a day to cross.  Here is a picture:

Please contact me at this internet address:
http://j-walk.com/other/conf/summary.htm
Note:  There are several companies in Nigeria that are also doing business at this address.  You may have heard of their work.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:50:08 AM by shnozzola »
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
Time travel?  You're going to need some really convincing evidence for that.

However, I did want to make a point about one thing you said, specifically, "it is now my honest belief that what we have been told about ancient religious and historical events may not be exactly what really happened as reported by our historians".  No, really?  Lesse, first we have eyewitness syndrome - eyewitnesses are not generally reliable and have a high tendency to make mistakes.  Most events in the past were reported by eyewitnesses, so naturally there's going to be mistakes.  Lots of mistakes.

Second, we have telephone syndrome - as a story is retold, details are changed.  Lots of these old events were passed on verbally, because writing was not a particularly common skill in most ancient countries.  The likelihood of having a scribe available to take down a story before it got inflated was not high.

Third, we have the fact that writings (as opposed to printings) tend to drift as well.  Books don't last all that long, and before the invention of the printing press, the only way to preserve the knowledge in them was to recopy them.  Many scribes had a tendency to change the text they were transcribing, in order to make it easier to understand, and mistakes were common[1].  Unless they were caught fairly quickly, they tended to stick around.

Fourth, we have the fact that translations from other languages can be very difficult.  Ideas and concepts in one language may not be present in another; often, one word can have multiple meanings.

So of course ancient history is not very accurate.  The amazing thing is that it has any accuracy at all, after thousands of years of entropy and people just getting it wrong.
 1. I was preparing some notecards for a speech from an outline once when I was younger, and I was rather fatigued by the time I finished.  When I checked the notecards later, the last few weren't even about the speech, because I'd gotten tired enough I didn't even notice that I wasn't paying attention to the outline.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Welcome Eddy_P.

When I first read your post, somewhere around 25 or 30 years ago, I knew that people would finally figure out the truth. And that time has come. Either that or I made that up. But hey, it was fun.

Time travel is not something that one believes in. Either it is possible or it is not. People who think it is possible may well get themselves involved in trying to prove themselves right. That in itself isn't too surprising. But I used to have great fun belittling folks with strange ideas. However, I've given up on that. I'll just let you and your brothers in clocks work your little tails off trying to prove you are right. If you do, I was wrong. If you don't, I won't be surprised. In the meantime, I will stick with the current scientific thinking on the subject.

I will watch this discussion though, because some folks on this planet come across as crackpots, and it is always interesting to try to figure out what it is that drives them. Ghosts, government conspiracies, UFO's; such theories seem to fit a need in the minds of some people. It is fascinating, really.

Best of luck with your endeavors. In the case of time travel, it would be way cool if it ever becomes possible. I only hope that you aren't wasting a huge portion of your life just because you read a magazine article or web page that caused your brain to go "snap" and get caught up in an impossible loop.

Good luck with all this...

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Eddy_P

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 03:57:28 AM »
Eddy, I have a question: Do you also go by the name of Robert Edwin Pengilly? You're real name isn't Eddy Pengelly, is it? You created that web site, didn't you? You last modified it on September 3, 2012, didn't you? What did you last add? If you claim to have been a researcher with Ron Pegg, why did you lie about your name like you did in your intro?
My introduction contains no lies.
As the introduction (above OP) was about me (South Australian researcher, 2003-2011) the dates of Ronald Pegg’s work was omitted.
Ronald Pegg conducted his research (and discoveries) in Queensland (Australia) between 1996 and 2002.

I have not claimed to have been a researcher with Ron Pegg.
He first did his work 6 years before I came across his work then decided to check it out.

I constructed all the websites for the company Ron Pegg Discoveries Pty Ltd but I do not know to which one you refer.

Edwin is my middle name – thus the derived ‘Eddy’.
Pengelly is the original Cornish spelling of the name.
As a ‘non-de-plume’ (ie. pen-name), for my author and research name I go by my combined middle nick-name + my (original Cornish) surname.
I use this author’s and researcher’s name 1.) in the publication of Reports regarding my peer review of Pegg’s work; 2). in the publication of my Reports regarding my own subsequent discoveries and findings; 3). on internet forums to indicate I am speaking as a researcher of new Time Travel discoveries; 4). when I create new web pages for the above said company; and 5). when I conduct seminars, workshops, and other public appearances in the capacity of consultant for Ron Pegg Discoveries Pty Ltd.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:01:54 AM by Eddy_P »

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 05:34:34 AM »
Everyone say it with me slowly now; Erich von Daniken...
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
Eddy, are you prepared to have your idea torn to shreds, have every person on the forum agree with the assessment that it is utter shite, but fail to change your own mind? Because that's going to happen.

I've been here a long time, and, I've seen this scenario play out before. Whatever is written, you will continue to believe your crackpot idea. Probably, you need to believe it for some deep-seeded, emotionally deranged reason.

I reccommend you just skip ahead to the parthian shot; maybe a little something along the lines of "you're all closed-minded" and / or "denying the truth". Comfort yourself thinking that you are a critical thinker who's examined the evidence, and everything else has conspired against your brilliant discovery. As you remain obscure for your entire life, remain steadfast that you have finally uncovered the truth and revealed it on your ridiculously outdated website with a picture of a CD on it.

Take out the Eddy crap, and this can be a tag of the website. A mission statement.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »
Emily,

The question becomes (as in the other topic): Why is anything by Ronald Pegg omitted, or the fact that Eddy here needs "permission" to post, or what not anything by Ronald Pegg when Eddy here owns the rights to all of his works?

They are the same person, clearly.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline dorke222

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »
Hello guys,i am new at this forum to find out the knowledge about different religion then i choose this forum to take knowledge and research on all the religions which is last and final religion in this world..i hyope you all peoples help me...

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:50 AM »
My name is Eddy Pengelly.
I was the primary researcher and spokesperson for the PPHC Study Group (2003-2006).

I was the chief consultant for World Breaking Discoveries (2007 - 2011)
and currently the 2012 chief consultant for Ron Pegg Discoveries Pty Ltd.

His claims were contentious and in total contradiction to what I had learnt at Church and School, but after the initial shock of being presented an opinion so different to anything that I had previously encountered, I decided to continue to examine his claims and personally evaluate the evidence for myself with an open mind - by concentrating on the presented evidence while trying to put aside my own ideas about the emotive topics I was studying.

After taking four years of part time study to recheck his resources then a further four years of personal investigations, it is now my honest belief that what we have been told about ancient religious and historical events may not be exactly what really happened as reported by our historians.

While his original research has been available over the internet for many years, I believe it is now time that the general public world-wide are given the opportunity to personally investigate the evidence for themselves.

I have come to this forum to do so.
this is a beautiful and eloquent written expression of reality and I am very interested in what you have expressed and want to express.
you have come here to investigate the evidence of his original research?
I am confused, help me.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 08:13:11 AM »
Hello guys,i am new at this forum to find out the knowledge about different religion then i choose this forum to take knowledge and research on all the religions which is last and final religion in this world..i hyope you all peoples help me...
the last religion you will experience is the religion that you don't believe in.
and that is final.
welcome to this world it is infinite.

a3dtot

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 02:48:06 AM »
Welcome
I think this is going to be an interesting forum.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
Welcome, can I get this weeks correct Powerball #s...I won't tell that you jumped ahead to get them for me.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!