Author Topic: subliminal message in "Bones"  (Read 842 times)

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
subliminal message in "Bones"
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »
 I don't know where to put this,so anyways.

I was watching Bones(on Fox) last night,had it PVR'd and I noticed a subtle subliminal message. The "team" was looking at a map and smack dab in the middle was Romney "street",anybody else notice?

SHAME on you Fox.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Re: subliminal message in "Bones"
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »
I don't know where to put this,so anyways.

I was watching Bones(on Fox) last night,had it PVR'd and I noticed a subtle subliminal message. The "team" was looking at a map and smack dab in the middle was Romney "street",anybody else notice?

SHAME on you Fox.

Or how about the heavy promotion of "the Boss" starring noted republican Kelsey Grammar playing the Mayor of Chicago who is violently insane and/or corrupt...right around election time......hhhhmmmm.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:23:24 PM »
I find it kind of odd is all.......right in the middle of the map ,,,..  Romney street
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
Yeah, but Bones is an atheist. Maybe Romney street was in the middle because she's got her sights on him!!! LOL
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:20:26 PM »
I usually find if there's subliminal messages you can spot a theme to go with it, not sure if just sticking 'Romney' in there works, but hey.

But I try to avoid these shows because they make me cringe with some of their unrealistic bullshit and sometimes, the techno-babble just makes no sense. My sister on the other hand loves these shows and I was watching CSI with her and came across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

Seriously. Could the writers not be bothered to just Google IP Address tracking? Come on, a GUI interface in Visual Basic, what she's actually saying is, "I'm going to protend I'm working by making pretty interfaces in Visual Basic, but not actually do anything constructive." I know we have those days when we want to convince our boss we're actually working, but come on now! PC illiterates might by it, but can you honestly expect a geek to take you seriously? Or heck, anybody that works with computers or the internet? :/
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
Bones?  Oh no!  I love the show, and she is, in my opinion, the most intriguing atheist on TV. 

Also, I love the occasional references to the backstory, in which she previously worked identifying corpses of massacre victims in Guatemala from the 1980's.  And those were the Reagan years, and the guns and planes and helicopters and intel was all US supplied.  So the writers are clearly politically progressive and socially conscious. 

Could there be a power struggle between the writers and the directors/producers or whoever is in charge of the set and the camera and what shows up on our tv screens? 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
They are sneaky sh*ts.  Must vote Romney................ooooooooooo
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!