Author Topic: Apparently the combined IQ of everyone in Arkansas is <35  (Read 746 times)

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Apparently the combined IQ of everyone in Arkansas is <35
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:49:35 AM »
We've got another thread going with an Arkansas politician who thinks that slavery was a good thing. Now we have a legislative candidate that thinks the death penalty for unruly children would be a good thing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/charlie-fuqua-arkansas-candidate-death-penalty-rebellious-children_n_1948490.html

Granted, he doesn't think that it should be necessary to put too many kids to death. But he thinks that being able to scare the crap out of disobedient children would be a good thing (Clean your room, little Jimmy Bob, or your daddy and I will have to stone you to death!)

Yet another example of the most basic republican tenant: They'll get you born, but after that, you are on your own!

Until you get rich. Then you get elevated to a god-like status. But that's another rant.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
Re: Apparently the combined IQ of everyone in Arkansas is <35
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:26:32 AM »
Once I'm done not-trying to throw up at the disgustingness of the article, it seems he's one of those Christians who sees Jesus at the cross and says "The Romans are pussies, his' eyes are still intact!"

1st a politician slavery was a blessing in disguise, and now this, I'm starting to think we should follow China and make Christianity illegal. I'm anti-censorship to the core, but there is a line that these things are starting to cross.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 05:47:51 AM »
I suspect this idea is biblically inspired, I believe the bible has similar ideas about parenting, I do remember reading a part of the old testament (can't remember it exactly) detailing this kind of thing. It's sick, it's fucked up and it's why governments should be ruled by secular law, ones not based on an individual's religious beliefs. But it's a sad world we live in. :/
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 06:02:03 AM »
The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

Damn fine use of the Bible! This man has read it all and seen the light and wisdom! Here is a man who wants all Americans to get to Heaven (the only goal of a theocracy) and knows how to achieve it!

There’s absolutely no need to raise taxes for this to succeed! In fact the a**hole children would probably have turned into criminals, done jail-time, and cost tax dollars, so there may be room for that much needed tax break for the wealthy job providers!

I urge you to vote for this Fuqua!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:07:06 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »
The more we let the Republicans get away with saying crazy sh*t the more to the right they will go.  The Tailban could take lessons from them.  I expect that they will be hanging those they don't like from football goalposts soon.

I expect the "rule of thumb" to come back soon also...you can beat your wife but not with a stick thicker than your thumb.

I always accused Republicans of wanting to take us back to the 1950s.  Sh*t, they want 1950bc now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:21:14 AM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
"Fuqua, who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. "

Judicial approval?  Where in the Bible does it talk about judicial approval?

"While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children."

And what about the souls of those parents who fail to seek the death penalty, as required by the scriptures? 

Am I the only one who sees some flaws here?

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »
The more we let the Republicans get away with saying crazy sh*t the more to the right they will go.  The Tailban could take lessons from them.  I expect that they will be hanging those they don't like from football goalposts soon.

I expect the "rule of thumb" to come back soon also...you can beat your wife but not with a stick thicker than your thumb.

I always accused Republicans of wanting to take us back to the 1950s.  Sh*t, they want 1950bc now.

1950's? You are to kind. At this point, I'm thinking 1930's Nazi Germany like they are thinking, but because of them and Christian Dominionism instead of from Liberals and Muslims.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »
The more comments like this get published and openly criticized, the less likely politicians are to make them.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »
I have always been a strong supporter of post partum abortion.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
It really kind of is a good idea to let the unborn children be born, and then decide if you like them enough to let them grow to adulthood.  You know, to see if they are worthy of the lord and whatnot. 

I'm assuming the disobedient children who get stoned by the village elders get to spend eternity in hell, right?  And miscarried fetuses and abortion victims go straight to heaven, right? 

So it might be that some of those fetuses are getting into heaven without having gone through the proper trials.  That doesn't seem fair.  Those dead fetuses are getting off way too easy.  I think it is fair to make them suffer and be judged by god just like the rest of us. 

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +846/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
I thought Graybeard was making up his name, Fuqua, ie "eff you see kay-wad". But no, you can't make any of this sh!t up, can you? :'(
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
To the OP,

It all seems hypocritical to me. I mean, unless he says in his book that people who work on the Sabbath should be stoned to death? Does he? If he does, then, he's not hypocritical but if he doesn't, then he is. And, how many people in the US work on the Sabbath. That's a lot of people.

That's just one example, there's a plethora of others out there.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »
To the OP,

It all seems hypocritical to me. I mean, unless he says in his book that people who work on the Sabbath should be stoned to death? Does he? If he does, then, he's not hypocritical but if he doesn't, then he is. And, how many people in the US work on the Sabbath. That's a lot of people.

That's just one example, there's a plethora of others out there.

-Nam

What is sad is the same idiots who spout that working on the Sabbath Day is a Sin are the same Pastors who take their congregation out to eat after the services, making people work on the Day they proclaim is the Sabbath.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
What's even worse than that: the one at the pulpit IS WORKING!

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey