Author Topic: Johanna Michaelsen is she for real?  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
Re: Johanna Michaelsen is she for real?
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »
True, there is that. But why take a chance? The gal said that they were extremely selective about who was chosen to receive the surgeries.

Makes me wonder what the criteria for being chosen was exactly.  ;)
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »
It sounds like wigglytuff really wants to believe and is looking for
someone here to validate it for him.

Or has a hard time believing someone would *gasp* LIE!

Wiggly - I haven't watched the video. Having seen this kind of crap debunked by the Amazing Randi (amongst others) is enough for me. If it's supernatural, it doesn't exist except in the minds of those who push it on people.

E.
well its just that this story with this woman sounds so messed up to me...and combined with other people who claim they saw this surgeon do stuff well, it kinda bothered me, and i just wanted to talk about it :)

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »
Wiggly--a good place for you to go for more discussion would be the Skeptic Society Forum.  They have whole sections devoted to Healthcare AND Scams both of which would be a great place for more debunking.  Hey, I'm not saying the folks here on WWGHA aren't good for this--they are--but the Skeptics Forum is designed to debunk this kind of ridiculous crap.  And, unfortunately, there is a lot of ridiculous crap out there designed to get money from desperate sick people.

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
and a nother funny thing is that hal lindsey at the start of the book said that there is "growing evidence of forces beyond the natural scope of science"  yeahhhh &)

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
and a nother funny thing is that hal lindsey at the start of the book said that there is "growing evidence of forces beyond the natural scope of science"  yeahhhh &)

"Growing"
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 12:14:36 AM »
one last up date i wrote to one of the people that Michaelsen citied in her book and he said that a friend of his went to the psychic surgeon before and did tests on the "blood" in the surgery..found out it was fake... :laugh:

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »

It's true, though, because people are making up more evidence. It's just not particularly strong evidence, or even true evidence. If someone purgers in court, it's still evidence, until someone finds out that it was untrue evidence.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.