Author Topic: "lies straight from the pit of Hell"  (Read 627 times)

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • WWGHA Member
"lies straight from the pit of Hell"
« on: October 06, 2012, 07:07:36 AM »
In a report from NBC;
U.S. Rep. Paul Broun's view that the theories of evolution and the big bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell"

From the article
"And what I've come to learn is that it's the manufacturer's handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually, how to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And that's the reason as your congressman I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I'll continue to do that."

He should be expelled from Congress for taking the stance which disregards  the Constitution. Something about making no law is support of religion. He is sworn (probably on his own bible) to uphold the Constitution.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05/14203607-video-shows-scientist-in-congress-saying-evolution-is-from-pit-of-hell?lite
A true troll does not fear banning. Thanks GB

I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: "lies straight from the pit of Hell"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:39:36 PM »
He is on the science committee in the house.  Todd Atkins of Missouri sits on that committee also.  Can you imagine the discussions there? :o
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-0
  • Human Bean
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:10:48 AM »
And for the billionth time, I am thankful I don't live in America.
It's YOUR god, it's YOUR rules, YOU go to hell.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

"Noah's ark is a problem. We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon, only way to fit 5000 species of mammal in the same boat."
- River Tam

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +116/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:44:20 AM »
We need to start publicly castigating these idiots for the crap they peddle. We need to start calling them out as idiots because a spade is a spade. We need to make them look like the psychiatric patients that they are.

That this man is on the House Science Committee is appalling and criminal.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:05:24 AM »
How do you fight stupid?  Logic is a skill these people are void of.  I'm guessing the "pit" part of hell must be worse than the other regular parts.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
And news reports state that this guy is an M.D. and has a B.S. in Chemistry.  :o

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
We need to start publicly castigating these idiots for the crap they peddle. We need to start calling them out as idiots because a spade is a spade. We need to make them look like the psychiatric patients that they are.

Just as soon as you do, they cry "Attack of the religion haters!" and rally the sheeple to join in the bucket of stupid... and be proud of doing so.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +116/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10:53 PM »
Just as soon as you do, they cry "Attack of the religion haters!" and rally the sheeple to join in the bucket of stupid... and be proud of doing so.

But those sheeple are shrinking.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-0
  • Human Bean
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »
How do you fight stupid?  Logic is a skill these people are void of.  I'm guessing the "pit" part of hell must be worse than the other regular parts.

I prefer to hang out in the side-lines of Hell... it's closer to the toilets.
It's YOUR god, it's YOUR rules, YOU go to hell.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

"Noah's ark is a problem. We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon, only way to fit 5000 species of mammal in the same boat."
- River Tam

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +271/-76
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
I think the problem here is a failure to communicate: Evolution is not Atheism. I think that's the correlation most of these protestant Bible-thumpers believe. They are two separate things. I don't think they get that.

-Nam

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
You're right Nam, they don't understand. But I think we're going about this wrong.

What we need to ask them to do is explain something they really, really think they do understand, and have them keep trying until they finally say something that actually matches reality. That will give us a place to start. But until we know exactly how stupid they are, we have nothing to work with.

The worst part about such ignorance is that the dumb value it. Here we have a whole subsection of our culture who brags about how hard they work for their money and they aren't willing in the least to learn stuff. They'll work for money, but not for reality.

One the news tonight is the republican from Indiana running for some office who thinks pregnancies from rape are a gift from god. That other guy (Akin) says that women can't get pregnant from rape. Is this like, you know, another rift in the christian world. Have two new churches just started up? The Fifth Day Holy Rapists vs. The Holy Church of Semenized Miracles.

I'd tell them I'm getting cynical but they'd just wonder if it was a Schwinn or a Huffy.
Never trust an atom. They make up everything!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +271/-76
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 12:12:26 AM »
I used to have a Murray. I loved that bike.

-Nam