Author Topic: Husband shoots neighbor for "telepathicly" raping wife - WWJD?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
Husband shoots neighbor for "telepathicly" raping wife - WWJD?
« on: September 29, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »
If a husband has a right to defend his wife, and as the bible says, if you sin in your heart you are guilty of the crime, was this man in the right to shoot his neighbor?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57522700-504083/utah-man-says-he-shot-neighbor-who-telepathically-raped-his-wife-ruled-fit-for-trial/

[my wife peeked in while I was typing this and I had to say that if it were true there were a lot of men I'd better go after.. ;D]

I think this accentuates the stupidity of "thought crimes."
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Husband shoots neighbor for "telepathicly" raping wife - WWJD?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »
I'm always a little unclear on biblical law.  Isn't there a distinction between rapes that take place in urban and rural areas?  Or is that just for virgins? 

I mean, the whole thing does seem reasonable.  Telepathic rape is an offense to god.  I'm just unclear about whether or not the wife needs to be executed as well. 

But I do wonder if this whole thing could have been resolved with an exchange of sheckles in lieu of violence. 

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »
If I were that man, I would have been more concerned that Eddie Van Halen was having an affair with my wife's mind than my neighbor. Perhaps it was Eddie who planted the idea that the neighbor was raping his wife as a telepathic form of misdirection.

Either way, I don't see how they found this guy competent to stand trial.

It would make more sense to have Sammy Hagar step into your mind to help out in times of trouble...Sammy just seems more dependable.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +470/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »
Matthew:5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

If we wish to see this in terms of rape - it is only required that the woman was not thinking the same thing.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Exodus 20:14
"If a man commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death" (Lv 20:10)

Ask any Christian, the shooter did the right thing - he's as sane as any other Christian and has committed no crime in the eyes of God.

His wife must be killed too.

Why? Because she did not cry out!

De:22:24: Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

Pity... but there you are, what can we do? We are powerless before the mysterious Wisdom of the Almighty.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:16:15 PM by Graybeard »
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Nickolas

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »
Read the article. Aside from the man being both 34 and 54 he sounds reasonable enough to me. Although he seems to have left out the part where he was abducted by aliens to their spaceship where they inserted various pulsating probes into his rectum while doing the same thing to one of his cows lying on the opposite table.  I bet he's wishing now he had kept his tinfoil hat on at all times.
I can live with questions I cannot answer, but I cannot live with questions I cannot ask.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, Graybeard.  It does appear that violence was the only option, and that and exchange of shekels would not have been appropriate. 

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Could he have telepathically had consensual sex with her and been okay?
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
I'm just glad that a man who can hear things telepathically has a gun. :o
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
Most all of today's christian converse telepathically with jebus, and the bible belt is chocked full of guns, so a fellow like that is a lot more common than you think.  Perhaps that's why the judge deemed him able to stand trial, since if you discount claimed abilities of telepathy as insane, you'd condemn most americans to the loony bin.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 11:14:45 PM »
Telepathy, guns and rape; shit this has the ingredients for a great fucking book.

There is a bad pun in there.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
 Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 11:34:28 PM »
Yeah, I thought about raping my neighbor's wife with my double barrel shot gun butt...she started looking at me kinda funny so...I figured that would be wrong.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
What did the guys wife have to say about this I wonder. Maybe she's the one who planted the seed...

"That bad man next door raped me with his dirty thoughts again last night. When are you going to do something about it? Van Halen reckons you're a pussy!"
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +512/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 05:06:02 AM »
The worst part is, if he does somehow escape serious punishment for this, he'd probably try to argue that he should still get to keep his gun.  Cause it's in the Constitution.

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +470/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 05:39:27 AM »
I sincerely hope it is in the Constitution! Why would the State discriminate against those less mentally able?
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:07 AM »
Well then, it appears I'll be prosecuted for my thoughts on girls during visits to RedTube and YouTube. Of course, those videos are willingly filmed, not necessarily willingly posted. Perhaps hot girls with believing boyfriends that I've "thought" about will prosecute. :D
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D