Author Topic: Xian Regression  (Read 498 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1178/-40
  • We stand on the shoulders of giants
Xian Regression
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »
xianity is a fairly modern religion, for the most part.  By that I mean, people have given up a lot of primitive practices like totems and fetishes and strange worship "instruments".  You will run across a saint christopher medal or a set of rosary beads, sure.  And the protestants will use their bible as a fetish. But you don't see people offering drinks or food to idols, like you do in say, India.

However, there are xians who are regressing.  These people are primitives who are taking their faith back millenia and reintroducing the use of paraphernalia for all sorts of things.  For example: http://hisgloryreigns.vpweb.com/default.html

These loons have Glory Rings, Glory Rods, annointing oils and, yeah, worship Hammers.  They appear to be a bunch of house fraus with too much time on their hands.  So, they have these craft projects where they drive themselves crazy and sell this crap to other lonely rubes.  The "glory rings" appear to be a crappy version of "dream catchers".  On their defunct page, they define it as
"A Prophetic Glory Ring is a visual demonstration of an intercessor's prayer releasing in the Spirit Realm the Prophetic Proclamation of the purposes and will of God, bringing glory to Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit of Truth." Carl Voorhees, HGRM Director. Just as a musician uses notes, rhythm, harmony, melody, sound, rests and scales to write a song, each Glory Ring is like a song in colors, types, and symbols uniquely designed by the Holy Spirit released through prophetic intercessory prayer, praise, worship, warfare and dance    (NAS: I Corinthians 2:12-14).

They also make prophesies.  Of course, the read like they were copied from the astrology section of the newspaper.  Idiots.

I plan to troll their guestbook.
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +366/-9
Re: Xian Regression
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »
The religious con men (preachers) will always introduce new ways to take money from the sheep (followers).
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +376/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:12:55 PM »
Ooooh.  I like the state anointing oils.  They didn't have one for NY, but the Tennessee one looks divine!

This Holy Anointing Oil was intentionally created at West Richland, WA, USA, for the righteous redemption, eternal salvation, and breakthrough anointing for the State of TN, USA. Please note that this anointing oil is not for sale.

Scriptures: Gen. 1, 2, 8, 9, 17; Exod. 6:6; Lev. 26:8; Num. 17:5,8; Neh. 5:11; Ps. 19, 24, 31, 33, 38, 39, 42, 119, 145; Isa. 4:2, 61; Ezek. 1:1-4, 44:4, 46:17; Jer. 24:7, 33:3, 34; Matt. 20:28; Luke 4:18; 2 Cor. 1:22, 2:14-16, 3:17-18; Gal. 5:1; Jas. 1:5; 1 Pet. 3; Rev. 5, 19, 21, 22:2.

Essential Oils: Myrrh, Cinnamon Leaf, Anise, Rose Hip Seed, Frankincense, Lemon, Hyacinth, Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Lime, Freesia, Sandlewood, Lavender.

And look how cute the little state of Florida is on the bottle, being hugged by the little clamshell.

Here is the South Dakota anointing oil bottle.

And Nebraska is really cute!

Odd that these treasures are "not for sale."  Probably some FDA problem.  But I bet if you pledge enough, you might get one as a gift.  Nor really sure how it all works. 

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +266/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:48:55 PM »
This isn't a regression at all, it is just a continuation of hucksterism. The knick knack and doo dad industry has been there with the gullible faithful all along. Go through thrift shops, antique stores, ads in the back of old magazines...and you will find scads of it. Little angel figurines, Lourdes souvenirs, crappy renditions of Jesus in that milky white plastic that bargain items in the late 1940s seem to be made of most often, laminated prayercard bookmarks; Chalkware saints and pot metal praying hands. It there's a way to produce cheap figures and shiny crosses...there's going to be those who know the easiest buck is from the faithful.

I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long as I got my plastic Jesus....

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +366/-9
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
Is that the best Nebraska could come up with.  That's kind of embarrassing. ;)   GO BIG RED

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +366/-9
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »
Ever see those set up in malls where you can buy the cross that lights up and changes color.  Same with Mary statues.  You would have to be pretty delusional to have one of those in your home or worse...give one as a gift.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1178/-40
  • We stand on the shoulders of giants
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +266/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »

my favorite:
http://newscoma.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/charlesnelsonreilly.jpg

I need to take a picture of the big rusty crucifix I have.....somewhere....in my Basement. I used to go to a lot of auctions, and no table of low end crap that was too cheap to be bothered to be photographed or individually listed would be complete without some religious kitch. Now my SO is bullying me into taking her to all these thrift stores, and they are load with Jesus and Angel crap.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.