Author Topic: Hey! I gotta question for ya! [#636]  (Read 1868 times)

Offline TheSkeptic

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Legalize Pysilocybin!
Re: Hey! I gotta question for ya! [#636]
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »
Yeah Rose, don't question WHY "It" would do that...I'm not allowed to ask Why someone would fake stigmata and/or an excorcism so; yeah, "It" just does... accept it... Move on...

Now, I appoligize for acting right when I apparently am not... Here I'll say it again b/c I know you all just love to hear it...
I was Wrong... here one more time (so you can get your nut or whatever)lol
I was Wrong... and I'm sorry...
Looks like you all got it all figured out...(as far as the blood goes)...Hmmm,

I'll think of somethin else... but I'm gonna prove there's a God, or I'm gonna shoot myself in the brain with a 12guage Sawed off Shotgun twice, (like kurt cobain did)lol
Then again, you all might like that to much, so I might not just to spite you...lol

my question now becomes, If you all don't believe in GOd and/or an afterlife, Why do you continue to suffer? (this life) R U enjoying this shit?
I don't know about you but; if for no other reason, I believe in God, just to have some fuckin HOPE! ya dig?
Ask yourself: Would I rather be HAPPY? ...or Right?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »
TheSkeptic

Re: Your reply mail...

HickDive covers your question partially here;

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2209.msg48181#msg48181

If you have any more questions, post them to the forum and someone can probably point you in the right direction.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 02:20:23 PM »
my question now becomes, If you all don't believe in GOd and/or an afterlife, Why do you continue to suffer? (this life) R U enjoying this s**t?
I don't know about you but; if for no other reason, I believe in God, just to have some f**kin HOPE! ya dig?

I love my family when they behave, and my friends when they don't.  Talking to my nieces and nephew, and throwing the younger ones around.  I like watching people stumble around like a herd of antelope, and the deep charm of learning something new on my own or from others.  The list is long and wide and deep.  So as not to bore you with it, here are some ideas along the same lines;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EdaLfJjDuE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0hJRM8Xzvo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:22:17 PM by Hermes »
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »
I have hope in humanity.  No belief in a god required.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline Freak

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »
That burning smell is the smell of TheSkeptic coming into contact with reality.
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 07:07:01 AM »
Yeah Rose, don't question WHY "It" would do that...I'm not allowed to ask Why someone would fake stigmata and/or an excorcism so; yeah, "It" just does... accept it... Move on...

Now, I appoligize for acting right when I apparently am not... Here I'll say it again b/c I know you all just love to hear it...

I'll think of somethin else... but I'm gonna prove there's a God, or I'm gonna shoot myself in the brain with a 12guage Sawed off Shotgun twice, (like kurt cobain did)lol
Then again, you all might like that to much, so I might not just to spite you...lol

my question now becomes, If you all don't believe in GOd and/or an afterlife, Why do you continue to suffer? (this life) R U enjoying this s**t?
I don't know about you but; if for no other reason, I believe in God, just to have some f**kin HOPE! ya dig?

The fact that you consider life to be 'suffering' doesn't mean that the rest of us do, therefore your query isn't really valid.

However, and I mean this sincerely, if YOU gain comfort and hope from believing in whatever deity then you won't find me trying to dissuade you from doing so. It's your life, you can do whatever you want with it and you don't need anyone's permission.

BUT, and here's the tricky bit for theists, can you leave those of us who don't believe alone? Can you stop demonising us? Making laws based on your petty theocratic rules and insisting we abide by them?

This website and others like it are simply a reaction to the continual abuse non-believers are subjected to. If you and your fellow theists didn't feel the need to treat us like dirt we wouldn't feel the need to react.

You might even find that dropping your hatred of atheists makes you feel slightly better about life in general.

Good luck.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Dissenter

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Quid, Me Anxius Sum?
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 08:43:03 AM »

The fact that you consider life to be 'suffering' doesn't mean that the rest of us do, therefore your query isn't really valid.

However, and I mean this sincerely, if YOU gain comfort and hope from believing in whatever deity then you won't find me trying to dissuade you from doing so. It's your life, you can do whatever you want with it and you don't need anyone's permission.

BUT, and here's the tricky bit for theists, can you leave those of us who don't believe alone? Can you stop demonising us? Making laws based on your petty theocratic rules and insisting we abide by them?

This website and others like it are simply a reaction to the continual abuse non-believers are subjected to. If you and your fellow theists didn't feel the need to treat us like dirt we wouldn't feel the need to react.

You might even find that dropping your hatred of atheists makes you feel slightly better about life in general.

Good luck.

Well said hickdive.
What is above all needed is to let the meaning choose the word, and not the other way around.

-George Orwell

Been caught making shit up again? Attend the I don't know 12 step program for help.

Offline TheSkeptic

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Legalize Pysilocybin!
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
yeah, Well said Hickdive, ...think I'll go blow my fk'n brains out now...

no, I'm kidden...

lol...Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more, I didn't come here to argue, or to try and shove my religion down your throat,
Obviously I am intrigued by you alls veiws or I wouldn't BE HERE!

...The thing is, this website had me asking questions about WHAT I believed and WHY...

...but the answer's (The Truths-if you will) are in the spirit realm...not the physical...(for me)

So that's really the only thing I'm trying to get across to you is that...shit isn't always as it appears...I think Criss Angel and David Blaine are the master's of proving this point...

Can Science explain magic tricks...? NOT IF THE MAGICIAN DON'T TELL YOU HOW HE DID IT!
So, I think that's kinda what life is like, ...its like, God is a magician, You can't explain HOW he does stuff, But he does...and (I feel) one day... it will all make sense, as his magic will be revealed, but until then, we just have to realize and accept that, just b/c it appears that God isn't doing miracles...doesn't mean he isn't...just means we don't know the how the who the when the why and the where he does them...its random... you can't put him in a box...

Yall see what I'm saying? Like, David Blaine picking your card, everytime, isn't a coincidence... It's not "Probability" theres a trick to it...
See? you can't always rely on your eye... there's something going on behind the scenes, that there is no way to figure out, Scientifically or otherwise...

Well, Anywayz, Does that make sense to anybody but me?

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 10:54:35 PM »
...but the answer's (The Truths-if you will) are in the spirit realm...not the physical...(for me)
If that is what you truly believe, then no religion of this world should have a monopoly on your thoughts and actions, as none of them could possibly have the answer, either, by your own logic.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 03:42:19 AM »
yeah, Well said Hickdive, ...think I'll go blow my fk'n brains out now...

no, I'm kidden...

lol...Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more, I didn't come here to argue, or to try and shove my religion down your throat,
Obviously I am intrigued by you alls veiws or I wouldn't BE HERE!

...The thing is, this website had me asking questions about WHAT I believed and WHY...

So that's really the only thing I'm trying to get across to you is that...s**t isn't always as it appears...I think Criss Angel and David Blaine are the master's of proving this point...

Can Science explain magic tricks...? NOT IF THE MAGICIAN DON'T TELL YOU HOW HE DID IT!
So, I think that's kinda what life is like, ...its like, God is a magician, You can't explain HOW he does stuff, But he does...and (I feel) one day... it will all make sense, as his magic will be revealed, but until then, we just have to realize and accept that, just b/c it appears that God isn't doing miracles...doesn't mean he isn't...just means we don't know the how the who the when the why and the where he does them...its random... you can't put him in a box...

Yall see what I'm saying? Like, David Blaine picking your card, everytime, isn't a coincidence... It's not "Probability" theres a trick to it...
See? you can't always rely on your eye... there's something going on behind the scenes, that there is no way to figure out, Scientifically or otherwise...

Well, Anywayz, Does that make sense to anybody but me?

Although you bizarrely seem to take most of your cues from TV and movies and, ideally, you should move away from that; I think you need a good dose of Penn & Teller's 'Bullshit'.

When a 'magician' does a trick on TV it is always a trick, there is no 'magic'. Similarly, when people do 'exorcisms', 'speaking in tongues' or whatever it is always explicable.

That doesn't mean to say that all these people are liars and frauds - some of them genuinely believe what they are experiencing but the human mind is a strange and powerful thing especially when fuelled by hysteria.

PS Could you please stop the "aw shucks y'all" literary style, the text-speak and country spelling? You weren't taught that in school and it only works on TV when the country lawyer gives them big-city attorney fellas a lickin'. Then your points might make more sense to people other than you.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »

What is this spirit realm you speak of?  I've never seen, or heard any logical argument that this realm actually exists.
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline TheSkeptic

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Legalize Pysilocybin!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 01:02:21 AM »
I don't know about you, BUt Im not a human having  "Spiritual Experiences"...(in this life)
I'm a Spirit having  "Human Experiences" ....

Get it? ;)

Just b/c you can't see it, or "Prove it" doesn't mean it aint there...Ever seen David Copperfield?
He makes shit "Appear" like shit it's not... like (I feel) that God makes this life "Appear" as it's not.

Life is a magic trick. Don't try to figure it out...just know it's an illusion! you dig?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 05:34:46 AM »
I don't know about you, BUt Im not a human having  "Spiritual Experiences"...(in this life)
I'm a Spirit having  "Human Experiences" ....

Get it? ;)

Just b/c you can't see it, or "Prove it" doesn't mean it aint there...Ever seen David Copperfield?
He makes s**t "Appear" like s**t it's not... like (I feel) that God makes this life "Appear" as it's not.

Life is a magic trick. Don't try to figure it out...just know it's an illusion! you dig?

Tell that to a magician.

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
Just b/c you can't see it, or "Prove it" doesn't mean it aint there...
If "it" has no observable effects on the natural universe, then yeah, "it" isn't there.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.