Author Topic: SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Vot  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
What happens to the family of four with an income of $26,401?

I may never know. I don't pay income taxes...well...technically those taxes are deducted from my paycheck but I get it all back at the end of the year.

I have always lived well below the "poverty line" tho i have not always been eligible for certain benefits. I was denied food stamps once, not because I made too much money...no. It was because I worked some over time for a couple of weeks because we had a few people quit.

Meanwhile, someone[1] who does not work...does not plan to work...gets a roof over their head, food in their bellies, heat and air conditioning, free day care for their kid and a little extra spending money. Just because she wasn't married.

That was about 7 or 8 years ago and my butt still hurts from that rejection.

SOME of these people teach their kids how to get those same benefits.

Tell me how fair that is.
 1. I knew this person
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Well Mr. B., some would have us believe that this person you described is part of the 47% of voters, and they are all going to vote for Obama!

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
First, life isn't fair and I don't know anyone who ever said it was.

Second, the subject Romney raised is about those who file income tax returns, not those who don't. He was describing citizens with an income but who pay no income taxes ... as ... moochers. He is writing off nearly one-half of America as people he cannot help, nor even reach -- politically, sociologically or economically. I'm not sure he would even know how to reach them by telephone.

The subject raised by Romney -- 47% of Americans who don't pay income taxes -- is a larger narrative on tax revenues, but so is Romney with his tax returns, likely ones in which he didn't pay any taxes. Since he won't release his returns, we won't know the truth. I identified that nearly 1/4 of Americans continue to suffer with deflating income, which is income that is not inflating with the rest of the economy and has not inflated for 30 years. Ergo, the dollar limits placed on those who are not expected to pay income taxes is like a net capturing more and more people. The problem isn't that people don't pay taxes, but rather that incomes are deflated. That subject alone forms a larger narrative on a different perspective of our economy, which is another perspective that Mitt Romney has no hope of recognizing or understanding.

~~~
If you want to complain about somebody who earns welfare but doesn't have to work, file a complaint with your state representative. Each state decides who receives welfare benefits and who has to work for them.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
The only solution to the problem Romney brings up, of course, is to introduce a flat tax.

Jay, remember our talk about flat taxes?  They're a true Conservative policy, if ever there was one.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
discuss it in secret, it is better to have your values unchallenged, as always none.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Classic ...

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
John Stewart had an interesting fact on his show tonight.  MItts dad was on welfare when he 1st came back to the US from Mexico.

Two other programs showed Romney as Thurston HOwell from Gillians Island and Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.  Both were funny as hell.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Yes, his father was on welfare and he likely hasn't paid income taxes in years. He is exactly what he is complaining about -- a bloodsucking leech -- but he just avoids the government and sucks off America, in general.

-- Andrew Sullivan

^ For those who don't know, Andrew Sullivan is a conservative blogger who has been made to look liberal because the Republicans have swung so far to the right they are about to capsize their party. He's been very active blogging these past two days and I am just getting caught up.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
You know...when Romney becomes a god with his own planet I will feel sorry for those people.  Can you imagine what kind of a "dick" god he would turn out to be? :-\

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
What happens to the family of four with an income of $26,401?

I may never know. I don't pay income taxes...well...technically those taxes are deducted from my paycheck but I get it all back at the end of the year.

I have always lived well below the "poverty line" tho i have not always been eligible for certain benefits. I was denied food stamps once, not because I made too much money...no. It was because I worked some over time for a couple of weeks because we had a few people quit.

Meanwhile, someone[1] who does not work...does not plan to work...gets a roof over their head, food in their bellies, heat and air conditioning, free day care for their kid and a little extra spending money. Just because she wasn't married.

That was about 7 or 8 years ago and my butt still hurts from that rejection.

SOME of these people teach their kids how to get those same benefits.

Tell me how fair that is.
 1. I knew this person

Yes leeches like that exist, and yes they are annoying little shits. That being said the entire welfare budget of the Federal Government is, depending on who you ask, 4 to 12%. The issue is we have two parties each of which are offering "more of the same" Democrats, and "Let them starve" Republicans. No one has the fucking guts to rip up things by the roots and do the harsh things to break the cycle of poverty

Things like require Norplant if you are on the dole.  Have cafeterias that serve nutritional but unappetizing food with fertility suppressants that any US citizen can walk into instead of foodstamps.  Any inmate sentenced two years or more for a violent crime sterilized.  Massively increase education spending in economically depressed areas. Forbid states from using school children as free labor(i.e. the total opposite of Newt's make children work if they are poor) but do have it in place for adults on the dole to clean the streets and the project areas. Offer tuition grants for state college based on a kids performance in high school. Eliminate cash based welfare entirely and just have any US citizen a bus pass, can get food at the cafeteria, basic healthcare, a government cement apartment, a jumpsuit, and basic toiletries....but a really really good adult education and job placement system.

Create camps where you give up your rights as a citizen if you register as an addict and give you free drugs, food, and lodging, as long as you get sterilized and cannot leave, "get high and die" camps.  Without hardcore junkies and welfare money, most of the drug dealers would be without a market. Legalize minor not terribly addictive drugs like Marijuana, acid, and Shrooms to eliminate another source of income to the black market that perpetuates the attitude of scofflawry and violence.

Cut defense spending to 3% of GDP. And create an increase in taxes for people who make money by moving money around(like say Bain Capital) and lawyers, but have large tax cut on corporate taxes for manufacturers of goods and exporters.

Basically have an economic policy that actually ignores the needs and wants of the top 5% and bottom 5% of Americans and instead focuses on the middle 90%.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:31:32 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
Also, can we please stop with the "Romney is a good guy..." or "Romney is a decent man..." malarkey?  He's not.  He's a rich pig waging class warfare for himself and his rich buddies.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Imagine what he has said in all of those other fundraisers what were not taped?  I can see him in a country club atmosphere talking with his rich buddies making fun of how easy it is to manipulate the 99%ers.  Anyone who votes for this sad excuse of a man who cares is a fool.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
Anyone who votes for this sad excuse of a man who cares is a fool.

They don't know they are a 99%er. It's really sad to watch. One of my best friend's mother ridiculed her for not supporting him. (Neither her mother or herself are a 1%er.)
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
Imagine what he has said in all of those other fundraisers what were not taped?

Probably just more of the same.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Sounds like the guy whos house this fundraiser was at has some pretty wild sex parties.  Not exactly Republican family values but hey if you got the money you can afford Russian dancers and sex in the pool...then go for it.  Maybe being a 1%ter is not so bad. ;)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Fresh off fb.  The Atlantic is the source. 

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
^ The irony of where primary Republican support exists and Mitt's disdain for same ...

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
^ The irony of where primary Republican support exists and Mitt's disdain for same ...

Yup.  The tea party has been amazingly successful at making poor people the biggest advocates for policies that protect the rich.   

It is bizarre.  And sad. 

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
The party regulars and the most of the conservative media are abandoning Romney, and many of his own staff are off the record saying that the campaign is in free-fall.  Does Romney have a backup chute?

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
The party regulars and the most of the conservative media are abandoning Romney, and many of his own staff are off the record saying that the campaign is in free-fall.  Does Romney have a backup chute?

I hope you are right.

I know that I am incapable of assessing the voting public's tolerance for bullshit. 

Many years ago, I celebrated Iran/Contra, because I KNEW that it meant that vice president Bush could never be elected president.  I mean... his involvement was so clear.  And so illegal.   And so morally reprehensible. 

But apparently, the voting public wasn't nearly as emotionally moved by his involvement as I was. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Those red states on that map are also the ones that use food stamps and welfare the most.  Now they also don't pay taxes.  They are the base that the Republicans talk about.  If someone wrote a fictional book about politics of a fictional country and had this sh it in it no one would buy it as feasible.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
I know that I am incapable of assessing the voting public's tolerance for bullshit. 

Many years ago, I celebrated Iran/Contra, because I KNEW that it meant that vice president Bush could never be elected president.  I mean... his involvement was so clear.  And so illegal.   And so morally reprehensible. 

But apparently, the voting public wasn't nearly as emotionally moved by his involvement as I was.

Each candidate has a solid segment of the public, say 42% each, that won't change their minds unless something outlandish happens -- like their candidate has been accused of pedophilia or murder. It's the roughly 16% in the middle that is in play. A majority of that 16% listens very closely to the facts of what goes on in public and a smaller segment votes based on general sentiment because they just don't have time (or ability) to consume details.

Back in 1988, that 16% of the public was only about 5%. Antipathy or even outright hate for political parties is making the "independent" voters grow with every election. Dukakis seemed sympathetic, but he just didn't come across as presidential material. I believe that in an attempt to seem strong he came across as emotionally stiff, and unfortunately his wife was worse off. The independent voters put up with some bit of sham there with Bush because they know that "things have to get done" and as long as it didn't truly affect them, they forgave it. Nevertheless, general liability is a strong element for voting for president -- it's the gut feeling upon which people rely. In 1988, the election was truly about the lesser of two evils: emotionally stiff, no fight-from-the-gut Dukakis or the everyone-has-an-ex-husband like Bush. I believe that election was won by Barbara Bush.

That gut feeling for Romney was never really there, and what tolerability people had is disappearing with each and every maneuver of the Romney campaign. It's like a death by a thousand cuts. Little lies from Ryan about his running times or his level of body fat, Romney installing a $100,000 car elevator at the house he is building in San Diego (he couldn't wait until after the election to do this?), lying about tax returns (or just not providing any), constant flipping on positions, general stiffness of personality, inability to relate to people and seem likable. Even the public generally felt like they could sit with Bush II at a party, share a beer and just chat about shit -- not only does Romney not drink beer, but most people would avoid him at a party. Romney is socially retarded and socioeconomically clueless. These comments (all of them) are slowly creeping into the public, especially that 16%. The real problem for Romney is that these things could start to affect his 42% share because he may start pissing off grandmas everywhere. When that 16% sees the previously supportive media slowly turn on him, because the 16% figures the media has the inside track on what's happening, he is doomed. He's making Dukakis look like a great guy.

The general likability of Obama has only increased as time goes by. The gut-check on Obama is better than Romney as Romney is turning into a repetitive gut-punch.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member

BTW Quesi, if you are unaware of it - do yourself a favor and google "Iran Contra American Dad" and watch the video (its like 2 minutes).  You will not be disappointed.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member

BTW Quesi, if you are unaware of it - do yourself a favor and google "Iran Contra American Dad" and watch the video (its like 2 minutes).  You will not be disappointed.

Nice video.  Brightened up my morning.  And so jam packed full of information!  For example, I didn't even know Ollie was on FOX News.  I'm delighted that the little high treason incident didn't have a negative impact on his career.  And we all know that the VP wasn't tarnished either.

This truly is the land of opportunity. 

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
Other people starting to see romney as not really a nice guy:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/real-romney-is-a-sneering-plutocrat.html

Each candidate has a solid segment of the public, say 42% each, that won't change their minds unless something outlandish happens -- like their candidate has been accused of pedophilia or murder.

I'm pretty sure if romney killed someone it would raise his popularity amongst many repubs.  It certainly wouldn't hurt him.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +658/-28
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Republicans playing with fire:

The Senate Swing ... a likely reason why Scott Brown attempted to leave Elizabeth Warren at the altar ...

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
Those red states on that map are also the ones that use food stamps and welfare the most.  Now they also don't pay taxes.  They are the base that the Republicans talk about.  If someone wrote a fictional book about politics of a fictional country and had this sh it in it no one would buy it as feasible.

Don't forget about teen pregnancy as well.  Those are also the same states.

<-- hotlinked
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.