Author Topic: NSFW**Nobody killed because of this cartoon.***NSFW  (Read 790 times)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:19:16 AM by mrbiscoop »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline blue

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Not cool, Zeus.
Re: NSFW**Nobody killed because of this cartoon.***NSFW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
I predict a new round of fatwa envy.
There’s no difference between a bunch of theologians sitting around debating scripture than a bunch of D&D nerds sitting around debating which version of the Player’s Handbook to use.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day

Isn't that the problem? If the people of those faiths are not willing to defend the honor of their God/s against the heathen hordes then they are not worthy of whatever Heaven their God/s promise them. One must be willing to turn the rivers red with the blood of their enemies in order to receive entrance into their respective paradise.

Since, currently, the only people willing to go the distance are the extremist muslims then they are currently the only ONE TRUE FAITH. Apparently Allah is the only God left worth murdering for.

I mean, even the IRA
was mostly a political movement...just watered down faith mixed with some sort of Nationalism.

Where are the TRULY FAITHFULtm today? Has it really boiled down to a hand full of rag tag desert goat herders? Is that what religion has been reduced to?

Quote from a modern theist;

"Oh sure, I BELIEVE in God but I'm not really going to back that up with anything. I'll just smugly tell you that you are wrong and that you are going to burn in Hell if you don't."
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Nickolas

• Freshman
  • Darwins +7/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »
Brilliant. Thank you. It provided a good laugh.

We are expected to tolerate religious belief, even when it demonstrates how deranged it is. In the news as I type this The Prophet has once again been insulted so of course people must die. A poorly conceived film is being blamed for causing the strife while the ruffled feathers of the outraged are being smoothed. The 40 or 50 thousand demonstrators are said not to represent the 1.6 billion adherents of Islam but where is the denunciation from the Islamic leadership of the murderous actions of these people who cite the defense of Islam as justification? The Danish Cartoons and Satanic Verses all over again.
I can live with questions I cannot answer, but I cannot live with questions I cannot ask.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »
Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day

Isn't that the problem? If the people of those faiths are not willing to defend the honor of their God/s against the heathen hordes then they are not worthy of whatever Heaven their God/s promise them. One must be willing to turn the rivers red with the blood of their enemies in order to receive entrance into their respective paradise.

Since, currently, the only people willing to go the distance are the extremist muslims then they are currently the only ONE TRUE FAITH. Apparently Allah is the only God left worth murdering for.

I mean, even the IRA
was mostly a political movement...just watered down faith mixed with some sort of Nationalism.

Where are the TRULY FAITHFULtm today? Has it really boiled down to a hand full of rag tag desert goat herders? Is that what religion has been reduced to?

Quote from a modern theist;

"Oh sure, I BELIEVE in God but I'm not really going to back that up with anything. I'll just smugly tell you that you are wrong and that you are going to burn in Hell if you don't."
Christians and other religious orders had not trouble killing for their God(s) up until the early 20th century when both slave ownership and killing heathens somehow became taboo.

I often wonder why they turned on a dime and decided for the most part not to kill heathens and religious dissenters. The exception of a few wars and a few lynchings and they have become all to quiet.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +74/-1
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
I often wonder why they turned on a dime and decided for the most part not to kill heathens and religious dissenters. The exception of a few wars and a few lynchings and they have become all to quiet.

Cue the "Jaws" music here.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »
Yeah, nobody was killed because of that cartoon, but some of us had sex after seeing it. 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
Sadly, I needed the description before I even caught half of what was going on there  :-[

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 08:10:27 AM »
Elephants go berserk after seeing the cartoon depicting a sex crazed elephant god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yhuGQg4tUm0
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard