Author Topic: WARNING: NSFW Samuel L. Jackson's political commercial  (Read 558 times)

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-0
  • Living the Dream
WARNING: NSFW Samuel L. Jackson's political commercial
« on: September 28, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »
http://now.msn.com/samuel-l-jackson-stars-in-pro-obama-political-ad-wake-the-f-k-up

this is awesome.  You should also look at Sarah Silverman's add too. Also NSFW.
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: WARNING: NSFW Samuel L. Jackson's political commercial
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
Direct and to the point. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Strawman

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • Attempting free thought
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
Anticipated Republican responses:

1. Well Sam Jackson is black so... invalid!

2. "Paid for by the Jewish Council for Education and Research" - Zionist propaganda blah blah blah!

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge." - Adolf Hitler
Proles: Aaah Hitler bad! He wants to destroy our faith!

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice." - Adolf Hitler
Proles: Aaah Hitler bad! Truth and justice are bad! No wait, I mean he's not a real Christian!

"As soon as by one's own propaganda, even a glimpse of right on the other side is admitted, the cause for doubting one's own right is laid." - Adolf Hitler
Me: Very wise words that explains the above examples.
Proles: Aaah Hitler bad! You're a Nazi! Nazi bad!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:09:55 PM by Strawman »
If God exists at all he clearly wishes to reside exclusively in the imagination.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
2. "Paid for by the Jewish Council for Education and Research" - Zionist propaganda blah blah blah!

The one I often see is republicans going on about how liberals basically want to get rid of religion because they've clipped their wings a bit in trying to make government more secular and fairer for all walks of life.

So to see a Jewish crowd strongly supporting liberals, should be a "in your face thing", but don't you worry, they'll fall back on "oh, I mean Christian values" and completely ignore all of the liberal Christians out there, but then they're not 'true' Christians. ;)
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
Ha!  Had to sent that to my politically conservative mother.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
That is sixty kinds of awesome. ;D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »
LOVED it. 

For those of you who don't have little kids, you might not be aware of the fact that this ad is a take-off on a very recent children's book which Samuel L Jackson narrated  last year. 

In spite of being a "children's book," it is really meant for the parents, and it would be best not to play in the company of little ones. 

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »
Nice.  WTFU.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:03 AM »
The language is a bit crass, but far less insulting than the cleverly couched insults of the GOP.

I have to agree with the basic message: "hey, this is important!"  In an election with low voter turnout the advantage goes to the most motivated fringe groups.  The ONLY way to counteract them is to invalidate their participation with huge numbers of normal people.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.