Author Topic: The main reason Obama has my vote...  (Read 4465 times)

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
The main reason Obama has my vote...
« on: September 11, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »
http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-help-us-destroy-jesus-and-start-a-new-age-of,29478/

The only disturbing part was when they said that the crowd threw hundreds of aborted fetuses on the stage.  With the food shortages we have in this country, you would think they'd be more careful with the fresh meat.  Such a waste. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
Re: The main reason Obama has my vote...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:32:29 AM »
What's crazy is the news article sounds like the stage antics I wish to do with my future band's live performances if I ever did live performances, except the aborted fetuses would be shot into the crowd, not the other way around.  :o

Either way though, good and funny article! Definitely does make me want to vote for Obama even more. Even print out the article and show a few people at work.  ;D

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-0
  • oyeme
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:22:03 AM »
You know, I would actually understand the far right attacks on Obama if that was the sort of speech he was delivering.
pero ya tu sabes...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:17:46 AM »
They can't accept him as a moderate president.  He must be vilified at all costs even to the point that they believe it firmly.  Flipper is doing the same thing.  He can't catch him in the polls so he is throwing everything he can think of hoping some crazy thing sticks.  The crazy right really sees this as the end of the country if this black man continues to lead us.  They are approaching the level of nuttiness that those people in Libya and Egypt are at.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline writerstephen

• Student
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »
Anything that the Christian Right hates so much and that must be defeated at all costs, must be the correct choice.

I get so much right-wing propaganda about Obama and how he's evil and must be destroyed ... er, voted out. It just makes me want to vote for him more.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
Obama's OK, not great but he's competent enough.

Who said it - Karl Rove or somebody like that - I hate to agree on this one point they made, but I just need a president with five working digits that can veto bills we don't like or sign the ones we do. That'll work for me.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
Obama's OK, not great but he's competent enough.

Who said it - Karl Rove or somebody like that - I hate to agree on this one point they made, but I just need a president with five working digits that can veto bills we don't like or sign the ones we do. That'll work for me.
Right, they don't care if the man has a vision for the country, cares about the poor and middle class, someone to relate to.  All they care about is a puppet they can control.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Gohavesomefun

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
As someone whose completely ignorant of US politics; I have to say Obama has an aura of coolness about him.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ”
A. Einstein

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
Thinking that Obama personally cares for you individually and will do everything in his power to help you is like something else I read around these parts which is equally absurd.

Pretty sure Obama's "vision" for America doesn't involve any stipulation that states Mr. Blackwell gets a good job.

Thinking that Obama is the anti christ is...uhhh...well, that's just a special kind of stupid cause I'm pretty sure George W. was the anti christ[1][2][3][4][5]if I remember correctly.

The charge that G.W.Bush or even the Pope were the anti christ never really gained much traction in popular mainstream media outlets but they did manage to perfect that particular line of distraction for Obama. I look at the campaign to smear Bush as antichrist more like a test run to see how divisive the tactic can be and explore ways to implement it in the future.

Annnnnnnnd lets not forget Romney

The conspiracy is already in place just in case Romney wins.

Think about it.
 1. http://doctor.claudemariottini.com/2006/06/is-george-bush-666-antichrist_06.html
 2. http://www.bushisantichrist.com/
 3. http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others-Doc-Religion&Spirituality/+Doc-Religion&Spirituality-ReligiousEvil&Strangeness/GeorgeWBushIsTheAntichrist.htm
 4. http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/george_w_bush_antichrist.htm
 5. http://www.amazon.com/George-Bush-Antichrist-Stephen-Hanchett/dp/1411609832
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
I'd like to see anything that is not anecdotal regarding Obama and what he has done so far to destroy this country?  Educate this person who will be voting for him in November.  Tell me exactly why voting for him is a bad idea.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
Anything that the Christian Right hates so much and that must be defeated at all costs, must be the correct choice.

I get so much right-wing propaganda about Obama and how he's evil and must be destroyed ... er, voted out. It just makes me want to vote for him more.

This pretty much exactly.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:23:43 PM »
I will vote for Obama. Obama has made strides in reducing the damage that was done in the Bush Jr. years, and if the congress would stop trying to block him, he'd have gotten a lot more done. The republicans have, literally, and for the last four years, made it their goal to get Obama out of the white house. Their obstructionist attitude is almost worse than their radical right wing "morals," and is damaging this country. 

Romney is a complete and utter nutjob who will take away every right that women have fought for my entire life. If nothing else, I would vote against him for this reason.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »
Romney is a complete and utter nutjob who will take away every right that women have fought for my entire life. If nothing else, I would vote against him for this reason.

^^^This. There are many things I find abhorrent about the neocons, but their stated intent to undo the gains women have painstakingly made has got to be the worst.

The US Far Right is fucking insane. I disagree with some things Obama has done or failed to do, but as jetson said:
I'd like to see anything that is not anecdotal regarding Obama and what he has done so far to destroy this country?  Educate this person who will be voting for him in November.  Tell me exactly why voting for him is a bad idea.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 07:19:13 AM »

I don't see him that way.  I see him as a loathsome, out of touch dick who is willing to sell out any personal conviction to the far right religious conservatives if it will get him elected.  So while I do not think he is a nutjob, exactly, nutjobs are the base to whom he panders.

Effectively, it is the same thing, only a little more nuanced.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
I guess that Onion article must have been inspired by Chuck Norris & wife's actual ad:

Chuck Norris: America faces '1,000 years of darkness' if Obama wins re-election
http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/04/13645398-chuck-norris-america-faces-1000-years-of-darkness-if-obama-wins-re-election?lite

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »
I see him as a loathsome, out of touch dick who is willing to sell out any personal conviction to the far right religious conservatives if it will get him elected. 

Oh, a politician!
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +47/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 06:25:03 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
The prodigal liberal returns.  Are you going to actually start responding to comments from people who are trying to engage you in dialogue, or are you just going to post links?  By the way, it's not a false dilemma, as there are effectively only two choices for president this election - Obama or Romney.  It isn't enough for third-party candidates to exist, or even to be on ballots.  They also have to be able to appeal to a broad enough group of people to compete with the major parties, and none of the third-party candidates qualify.

How you want to vote is your business.  But if you're trying to convince other people that they're wrong about something, you need to actually convince them, not just throw links at them and hope something sticks.

Here's to hoping that you're willing to discuss this, rather than stating what you believe to be the truth and then running off when it becomes evident that people aren't buying it.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »
Jon Huntsman Jr. - POTUS
Gary Johnson - Veep

With what's going on in N. Africa, I fear both Obama and Mitt will have a military response that will result in perhaps 100s of 1000s of lost lives and trillions of dollars spend on military aggression that will not make our world safer, more tolerant, or better unless one considers addition by subtraction of life and resources to be a positive thing.

Plus both of our major tyrant regimes, I mean parties, are pros at being inefficient, being manipulated by deep pocketed special interests, and being wasteful. Get em' both the F' outta power!

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +47/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:22 AM »
2 choices, one pure flaiming shit, or one slightly less shitty =/= choice.

Therefore, this isn't democracy.

This isn't an election.

The plutomilitocracy controls both parties via bribery and coercion, I mean lobbying and campaign contributions. 

I am convinced that this year they are simply doing the Mutt and Jeff cop routine.

One cop acts so crazy and dangerous, when the other cop comes in and pulls him away from you, you accept a shitty deal and sign a confession. 

Both parties are certainly complicit in keeping a whole range of subjects beyond the scope of mainstream debate...such as the $2 billion a week war in Afghanistan. 

You can play their game if you want, but there are other options.

This is similar the game theists play with god and the devil. 

They create a devil, the describe in detail his tortures and depravity...

They scare you so much, you run into the arms of Yahweh.  Even though he is a narcissistic dickhead, if you flatter him enough, he'll stop letting the devil torture you.

And even if Romney wins, his ultimate bosses will be Obama's bosses. 

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 06:43:52 AM »
flapdoodle: Did you even preview that before you posted it?  That diatribe isn't an attempt to seriously communicate, it's a rant because you find both parties detestable.

You aren't communicating.  You aren't discussing.  You're just complaining and blustering.  And it's representative of everything you've had to say on the subject for at least the past few months.  You wouldn't listen to someone else who acted like this (you accused me of being "bullying" and "intimidating" when I was a lot less virulent), so why do you expect that other people should listen to you when you act like it?

Think it through.

----

TruthOT:  Just who is John Huntsman Jr, and why should anyone vote for him?  I know I can look up stuff on Google, but you're the one dropping his name.  You obviously think that he's worth electing, and I want to know why you think that is.  And please, don't just say again that it's because the other two parties deserve to be kicked out of power.  That isn't a reason to elect Huntsman, and it's not like we can vote the Democrats and Republicans out without voting someone else in.

Don't just tell us that you think Huntsman would make a good Presdient.  Tell us why he would make a good President.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
I saw Huntsman during the early GOP campaigning at my work place.  He was by far the most sane and intelligent sounding GOP nominee in the pack.  See if you can find his interview on the Colbert show!

Anyway, he is also a Mormon, but I was definitely impressed (across the GOP pack).  Problem was, he was completely under-funded.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »
He was by far the most sane and intelligent sounding GOP nominee in the pack.  See if you can find his interview on the Colbert show!

true.

Anyway, he is also a Mormon,

...and a distant cousin of Mitt.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »
err...
Obama has my vote, I love monkeys too..

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 09:25:37 AM »
There is an old saying...."you know how I know you're lying? Your lips are moving."

If he has no lips how will we ever know if he is lying?
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
There is an old saying...."you know how I know you're lying? Your lips are moving."

If he has no lips how will we ever know if he is lying?
we could always ask him...

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
I think Ryan has pretty eyes. Wouldn't vote for him if he were the last candidate on earth, but the eyes? Lovely.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.