Author Topic: Atheists die, therefore God  (Read 849 times)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Atheists die, therefore God
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:56:48 AM »
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheist-Are-A-Living-Proof-That-God-Is-Alive-20120911

Atheist Are A Living Proof That God Is Alive!
11 September 2012, 13:10

I don’t understand atheist, they want to force their believes on some of us who believe in God. It’s my right to believe in what I believe, if are not a believer don’t force that on us. I think most atheist are those people who grew up asking God the impossible, like bicycle or car now they are angry at God. I remember growing up going to church, my pastor told us that the bible says there will be a time when people say there’s no God & children will give birth to children. These are the things we see & hear every day.

I remember there’s was a man who went to a barber shop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: “I don’t believe that God exists.” “Why do you say that?” asked the customer. “Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can’t imagine a loving a God who would allow all of these things.”

The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barber shop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: “You know what? Barbers do not exist.” "How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. “I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!” “No!” the customer exclaimed. “Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.” “Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me.” “Exactly!”- affirmed the customer. “That’s the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don’t go to Him and do not look for him.

Deaths of Famous People Who Mocked God, Here are some men and women who mocked God:

John Lennon (Singer):
Some years before, during an interview with an American Magazine, he said: “Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple. Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
During A show in Canecio (Rio de Janeiro), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic:
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

Marilyn Monroe (Actress):
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus". A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

Bon Scott (Singer):
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas (IN 2005)
In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "My Daughter, Go with God and May He Protect You." She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here....It's Already Full " Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Because, after all, no God believer ever died any sort of death except peacefully in their sleep at an advanced age.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Atheists die, therefore God
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
"If Allah is real, let him kill me."
I had this as a sig on a website for close to two years. I'm either still alive or a zombie.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline writerstephen

• Student
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
I find this article offensive.

"A time when people would not believe in God ..."
Right, because for most of history, people were tortured and slaughtered for not believing in god.

"Children would give birth to children ..."
This has been happening throughout history.

I can't even dignify the "barber" analogy with a response.

I'll say it now: "I don't need Jesus." If you guys never hear from me again, you'll know he smited me (does that mean i'll have been smitten? hm).

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »
But but but -

Bertrand Russell started publicly criticizing Christianity in 1927, and 43 years later, at the age of 97, god let Bertrand Russell write a letter to my father in which he continued to criticize Christianity. 

Why did god let this go on so long? 

Why is god so inconsistent in terms of imposing the death penalty against people who mock him? 

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
"I think most atheist are those people who grew up asking God the impossible, like bicycle or car now they are angry at God."

Exactly how are bicycle or cars 'impossible'?

If he means god conjuring a bike or car from thin air, then why not?  Aftering creating the universe, that sort of thing should be child's play.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +538/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that a child wrote this article.  There are several subtle mistakes in it, and the statement that atheists are simply upset because they didn't get something sounds like an example a child might use.  Not to mention the "barber" analogy, and the cherry-picked examples to 'prove' that God exists.

The barber analogy is especially bad, but that doesn't justify not responding to it, because it seems plausible if you don't think about it very hard.  First, it relies on a false comparison, namely that a barber, who you can independently verify the existence of, is comparable to God, who nobody can independently verify the existence of.  For example, a barber advertises himself to others so as to get business.  Even if some of that advertisement is done through others (word of mouth, or paid advertising), you can still track down the actual barber and determine whether he exists or not.  You can't do that with God.

For example, let's say that people kept telling me about this great barber who did the best haircuts ever.  But when I asked them how I could find him, they couldn't tell me where he actually was, instead telling me that I simply had to have faith that he existed and then I would eventually find him.  Doesn't do me a lot of good for getting myself a haircut.

Second, it uses another false comparison, that the man with long, unkempt hair who hasn't gotten a haircut is like a nonbeliever who hasn't found God.  The man can see the barbershop, even go inside and talk with the barber, without ever getting a haircut.  It's a little difficult for a nonbeliever to do the same with God.

Offline writerstephen

• Student
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
Second, it uses another false comparison, that the man with long, unkempt hair who hasn't gotten a haircut is like a nonbeliever who hasn't found God.  The man can see the barbershop, even go inside and talk with the barber, without ever getting a haircut.  It's a little difficult for a nonbeliever to do the same with God.

You're right--it's bad, but it does deserve a response. In addition to everything you said, the countryside is literally riddled with barbers. The long-haired man could have gone into any ONE of them for his divine haircut. The storyteller has no basis in reality for the assertion that "barbers don't exist."

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
Jesus had long hair so I can conclude that Jesus hates barbers. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »
"Deaths of Famous People Who Mocked God, Here are some men and women who mocked God:"

I'm surprised that no one brought up that this contradict the whole "loving and forgiving god" thing.

For that matter, this ignores the whole "love and forgive your enemies" thing Jesus was so fond of.  Why is it that so many christians ignore Jesus in this respect?[1]
 1. retortical question, I know...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
What's wrong with long dirty unkempt hair anyway?  :)

Offline Gohavesomefun

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
That article isn't even worth being shared. What a load of ignorant babble.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ”
A. Einstein

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »
Dont you know that no christians have ever died?
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
Dont you know that no christians have ever died?

Duh. They have eternal life.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +538/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »
Duh. They have eternal life.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of martyrdom?