Author Topic: What about the Creator? [#2656]  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Re: What about the Creator? [#2656]
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »
SCAL, this is a discussion forum. By spamming multiple boards with an identical post you are breaking the rules you agreed to adhere to when you signed up.

Pray on it, and ask jesus if it is ok to disrespect others, make others suffer for your mistakes and misrepresent yourself.

If you intend to stay, read the rules and abide by them. 

Do not post again until you've read and understood them.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »
The main thing that athiests have failed to understand is that this life is a mere short prequel to the life that is to come.

On the contrary -- Non-believers understand all too well that believers think that this life is a prequel.  There is no credible evidence for an afterlife, however, so your statement above is an unsupported assertion.

If God healed everyone's illnesses, there would be no death. God wants to do more than just heal your physical bodies, which are temporary. God wants to heal your soul, which is eternal. God wants to make you perfect!7 However, God does not want to force anyone to act against his own will, so He give us choices. Agree to give up your "right" to sin and go along with God's plan, and He will reward you with a perfect soul in heaven.

I do not want eternal life, and if it were inflicted upon Me I would not want to spend it in "heaven."  Neither do I want to "go along with God's plan," as that makes Me a mere puppet dancing to that god's preordained tune.

If your god has a plan, it's simply nonsense to talk about "free will" and "choices." 

And if your god wants perfect people, it should have designed them accordingly and not set up a "Gotcha!" in a garden with Magic Trees and a Talking Snake™.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
The really ironic thing is Jesus addresses it exactly opposite from what doubters says. Jesus says there are more important things than having limbs. In fact, He suggested that people amputate their limbs (or gouge out their eyes) if those parts helped them to sin:

<snip verses>

That's right! Why don't you just chop off your limbs! There's more important things. In fact Jesus even says, "(paraphrased) Don't worry about anything, leave it to the father." Matt 6:25-34 But I bet you'd rather have your own destiny in your hands than leaving it to him right? God clothes and feeds/waters the plants and animals, and he loves you more than them! Certainly he'll take care of you, if you let him. So, go right ahead and chop off your legs and arms, and just lie back and leave everything to God. He'll take care of you, he promises it, he garantees it with all the resources and power in Heaven. What good is anyone's word if you cannot rely on God?

The main thing that athiests have failed to understand is that this life is a mere short prequel to the life that is to come.

You're living a life auditioning to have a "real life." Unfortunately, no one's come back to let anyone know they got the part. Don't leave your house without your Vip. You get all the [preferred gender] if you have your Vip! Too bad the photographer "forgot" to tell the lady that there's no 'Vip,' it's made up, just so could have an excuse to have some 'alone' time with a model. Too bad someone accidentially aired the wrong tape and now everybody want's thier Vip! All they have to do is die first.

Nobody is going to avoid all the discomforts or escape life intact. In fact, your destiny is death. If God healed everyone's illnesses, there would be no death.

Not everyone that dies is sick or from violence. Thier body just shuts down. Also death was always part of the plan. Remember the 'Tree of Life'? If they wanted to live forever they would have had to eat from it. God gave them a choice: knowledge and die, or obedient robots that live forever.

God wants to do more than just heal your physical bodies, which are temporary.

Duh. We die after all. Actually, you worded it wrong. He doesn't want to heal your bodies, after all there are things more important that bodies, remember?

God wants to heal your soul, which is eternal.

"If I tear open your chest will I see your soul? If I crack open your skull, will I see it then?" Ulquirra - Bleach.  Point to a soul. Prove that's eternal. Otherwise, there is no soul, and nothing is eternal. Even the universe will end one day.

God wants to make you perfect!

He was perfect (ie cannot make mistakes) and he made Adam & Eve perfect, right? Look where that got him. If everything was "perfect" then eating the fruit was according to his perfect "plan." ie. He is then punishing you because of someone else's choices. If you murdered someone, should your child get death row because they're your child, because your mistake(s)? Yet according to the Buybull, this is "Perfect Justice," because it's God's way.

However, God does not want to force anyone to act against his own will, so He give us choices. Agree to give up your "right" to sin and go along with God's plan, and He will reward you with a perfect soul in heaven.

You clearly have no concept of 'free.' In order for something to be free, you cannot be rewarded for doing something one way and punished for the other. You see, getting a reward is a bribe, and threat of punishment is Coercion, duress or terrorism. If I offer a politition $5 Million (bribe) to make a certain vote, there's no Love there. If I threaten to kill someone's wife/child/them to get them to snitch, there's no love there either. Yet, with the bribe and threat comming from God, this is supposedly "Perfect Love" and should be modeled after, and so called "free will."

Honestly if there is a single person here who has not read the coran or the bible and have actually understood it should not have a right to comment unless you like going into an argument without knowledge and with a closed minded please do research before spewing hate
thanks  &)

Have you read from Genesis 1 to Rev 22? Have you read the Qu'ran? I think not, for either. I know what most christians say, "That's a BIG book! I cannot read that!" I bet someone's read the entirety of Harry Potter or Left Behind. Did you know there's more to read in either of those series than the Bible? Even the Lord of the Rings is bigger than the Bible. Yet, how many christians have read those? I have a Study Bible and it shows that if you read just 1 chapter a day, for the most part, as part of your daily quiet time and scripture reading, you will have read the entire bible in just 3 years! Just 1 chapter of the most important, most awe inspiring document that's just full of love from the perfect story teller. seriously, God beats every single author hands down! How can you just stop at just one chapter? Heck, 10 chapters a day should be a breeze!  Have you ever read a single book that you just couldn't put down? Remember, the author is God! It's his love letter to you, so you can know him before you go to Heaven! Otherwise it's like showing up to your wedding and knowing only your intended's name. If you became a christian at 18, and started reading the bible, by the time you hit 70, you'll have read the bible over 17 times! There's no excuse that anyone that's been a christian for over 3 years that has not read the entire bible at least once! Unless they're a poser, a fake. Someone who asserts that they love God, and is a christian, but they're only a Sunday christian.

Christians: Show God how much you love him, and actually read it for once! Don't just blather the "Roman Road," or the "Christmas/Easter Story."

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »

The main thing that theists have failed to understand is that there is no life to come. There's no evidence for it. It is wishful thinking and farie tales. You stomping your feet and going "It's true, It's true, It's true" does not make your case stronger.

Nobody is going to avoid all the discomforts or escape life intact. In fact, your destiny is death.

except you've made an escape clause that bear all the markings of being fictional

If God healed everyone's illnesses, there would be no death. God wants to do more than just heal your physical bodies, which are temporary. God wants to heal your soul, which is eternal. God wants to make you perfect!

So why do so many Christian claim healing? SO why as a demonstration of power and love is healing a recurring theme throughout the New Testament? What part of "I have no legs" meets the concept of perfection?

However, God does not want to force anyone to act against his own will, so He give us choices. Agree to give up your "right" to sin and go along with God's plan, and He will reward you with a perfect soul in heaven.

Are you saying if this "god" character was to demonstrate it power, then there would be no free will? Then you are soing everyone in heaven has no free will, then if free will is a good, why isn't available in heaven?  My own father allowed me to make my own choices, but didn't kick me into a basement and set me on fire for daring to question him.

Honestly if there is a single person here who has not read the coran or the bible and have actually understood it should not have a right to comment unless you like going into an argument without knowledge and with a closed minded
please do research before spewing hate
thanks  &)

Wait, you are questioning us on our "coran" knowledge when you can't even choose to spell it any one of the half dozen ways it is acceptable to spell?

Secondly "understood it" does not mean "agree with you" that is an extremely arrogant and close minded position. Furthermore "close minded" is a rather silly accusation of atheists who, for the most part have their position because of evidence, most theists maintain their position despite the vast vast vast vast vast evidence that whatever brand of theism they ascribe to is just another in a long line of superstitions and mythologies, and not something special.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
The main thing that athiests have failed to understand is that this life is a mere short prequel to the life that is to come. Nobody is going to avoid all the discomforts or escape life intact. In fact, your destiny is death. If God healed everyone's illnesses, there would be no death. God wants to do more than just heal your physical bodies, which are temporary. God wants to heal your soul, which is eternal. God wants to make you perfect!7 However, God does not want to force anyone to act against his own will, so He give us choices. Agree to give up your "right" to sin and go along with God's plan, and He will reward you with a perfect soul in heaven.

why couldn't he get it right the first time?
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »
Thank you forum members.  I was going to reply to this "Jesus Spammer", but you all did such a nice job of replying.  Something tells me he/she will not be back.