Author Topic: Future Timeline Predictions  (Read 389 times)

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-8
Future Timeline Predictions
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
This was posted some time ago but I figured I would post again since it offers input from all sorts of experts in their fields and is based on Moores law of computers (this means what will be computationally possible at certain points in time and other technologies) of potential possibilities of technology to the currect science of climate change and politics. Pretty interesting regardless of it's actual outcome.

Part fact and part fiction, the timeline is based on detailed research that includes analysis of current trends, projected long-term environmental changes, advances in technology such as Moore's Law, future medical breakthroughs, and the evolving geopolitical landscape. Where possible, references have been provided to support the predictions. FutureTimeline.net is intended to be an ongoing, collaborative project that is open for discussion - we welcome ideas from scientists, futurists, inventors, writers and anyone else interested in the future of our world

http://www.futuretimeline.net/
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Future Timeline Predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:37:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing, that was fun to read!

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
That is some pretty cool stuff.  And, some disturbing stuff.

2067 - Male and female salaries are reaching parity

So, when our daughters being born in the next year or so RETIRE they may make the same as men.

Also, reading something like that really makes one appreciate just how dangerous an apocalyptic vision for the end of the world can really be.  I have to wonder how many of those people, alive in 2200bce for example, will still think the end of the world is "right around the corner," seriously this time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:01:04 AM by Garja »
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »
It was especially interesting to read the predictions regarding the position of the U.S. as a world economic power in the future!