Author Topic: More sex advice from the GOP  (Read 957 times)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
More sex advice from the GOP
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »
Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile, who hosts a radio program on SiriusXM OutQ. “It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1de0M)

I'm so glad we have these guys looking out for us and making policies in our best interests. 

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: More sex advice from the GOP
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »
I say prove it. Have sex with someone with AIDS. Heck, all GOP members should volunteer for such an important endeavor. Save for the closeted ones. Those poor souls probably already have AIDS.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »
I say prove it. Have sex with someone with AIDS. Heck, all GOP members should volunteer for such an important endeavor. Save for the closeted ones. Those poor souls probably already have AIDS.

Well, they can't PLAN to have sex with someone other than the person they are married to, because that is fornication.  They have to be tempted and have accidental sex, (because we are all sinners, afterall), and then pray for forgiveness. 

But it is a good plan otherwise. 

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »
<snip>
But it is a good plan otherwise. 

You know, I thought about that, but then I remembered that we'd be using that dreaded scientific method that republicans fear more than Satan himself. I guess we'll just have to take this one on faith.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »
Bestiality, Homophobia, and Aids all in one topic! Ohh my[1]. This is exactly why I'm so proud to be a Tennessean. Our GOP at it's finest, you other states need to represent!
 1. Say this in your best George Takei accent.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
Bestiality, Homophobia, and Aids all in one topic! Ohh my[1]. This is exactly why I'm so proud to be a Tennessean. Our GOP at it's finest, you other states need to represent!
 1. Say this in your best George Takei accent.

Hey!  I'm from Texas.  Need I say more...really?

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »
I saw that, Quesi, and I honestly thought it was a joke. I searched the web and it certainly seems to be confirmed that he said it. WTF is wrong with these idiots???  >:(  I'm serious. I canNOT imagine anyone this stupid, uninformed, ignorant ... I have no words bad enough for this ...
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +29/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »
Sometimes violence is the answer for these cretins.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »

You guys are our hero!
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 05:17:05 PM »
Our GOP at it's finest, you other states need to represent!

Texas is refusing federal money for Planned Parenthood!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
I live in Florida. Where we like to interfere into peoples personal lives if it has to do with the death of someone by natural means, or not.

Okay, not as kooky as these people but for people who say they are for individual freedoms, they really only mean for them.

-Nam
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:54:33 PM by Nam »
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline JesusHChrist

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »

Nope.

Texas. The land of Churches, strip clubs and BBQ.
Love the Christian. Hate the delusion.

"you dick hole just go f**k your self in hell go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn iam a strong beliver in the christ and he is compbeled at you !!!!!!!! screw you baster !!!!!!!!" -- random Christian #1636

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »
Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile ...

Did Signorile attack Campfield's stupidity?

It is clear that to be a Republican is to personally endorse absolute stupidity.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 05:12:26 AM »
Wow.
I mean, I was familiar with the notion that somehow the HI virus developped in the gay community, but where are all these details coming from? Fucking monkeys, airline pilots ... one would think the whole thing was televise live.[1]

The other fascinating thing is that so many people in power are either unwilling or unable to just - fucking - google - it. "It" being, like, idk, e.g. - and keep in my mind that this is only from the top of my head - "origin of AIDS/HIV". Yes, I'm angry.
Wait, "fascinating" isn't the word I wanted to put. "Reprehensible"? "Unconscionable?" "Disgusting"? Yeah, that's more like it.
 1. As a sidenote, assuming it had developed in the gay community - so the fuck what? How many diseases evolved in heterosexual communities? Are we to blame birds for the avian flu too? It never ceases to amaze me how much can be wrong with a statement of a mere few words. A testament to the power of language and human idiocy.
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Online stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »

Nope.

Texas. The land of Churches, strip clubs and BBQ.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
 Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Online stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
Come on people, the transmission of the HI Virus is science. You can't expect these Republicans to understand, it is just too easy for them to make something up and believe it's the truth.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
 Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »
Is he chairman of the science committee?  They stick their head in the sand and go lalalala...can't hear you.  So its ok for a woman to be probed before abortions, if raped you can't get pregnant, and don't worry about AIDS unless you are gay and have not been cured.  Oh, and forget about any kind of quality health care or insurance.  I think I understand the GOP for this week.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!