Author Topic: Tony Scott dead  (Read 153 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Tony Scott dead
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »
Tony Scott jumped off a bridge in LA to end his life.  He was diagnosed with a fatal brain cancer.  I can understand why he would not want to go thru the pain and all but having to jump from a bridge seems wrong for a country that is suppose to be exceptional.  Why can't we help those who want to go under these circumstances go with dignity and no pain?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tony Scott dead
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »
I love Tony Scott's films: True Romance, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, Man on Fire, Deja vu, Unstoppable, Taking of Pelham 123, Revenge etc.,

Great director and producer. So sad.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:39:56 AM »
Tony Scott's mute last words

"You ain't the boss of me..."

...and agreeing with Nick, the fact that he had to jump in this day and age is absolutely unacceptable.  This too shall pass, but not soon enough.

I know personally I laugh at the idea that idiots can pretend to legislate to stop this behaviour, while causing it.
Idiots rule.

Stupid monkeys.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »
I'm a strong proponent of death with dignity. In Washington state they have a law that says if you're terminal, with less than 6 months to live, you can choose your own time. I think its a very important step. I mean, c'mon, for my entire life I've been told that its the humane thing to do to "put down" an animal who's dying and in pain. And yet for humans, even if the patient really, really wants it, they're doomed to stick around through whatever pain and agony is in store for them, usually in the hospital, and often with extreme measures being taken to prolong the misery. My family has at least all signed living wills, but they don't go far enough. Its my body, my life. If I'm dying, I don't see why its anyone's business how I go out. I'd prefer to go out quietly, peacefully, and painlessly, in my own bed, surrounded by loved ones. That's how it should be. My choice.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
It should be your choice.  That is prob the next thing the Repubs will go after.  Remember Terri Shivo?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »
He was Ridley Scott's brother.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips