Author Topic: Pure Genius from Missouri  (Read 443 times)

Offline bosey926

• Reader
  • Darwins +8/-1
Pure Genius from Missouri
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:27:17 AM »
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19/13365269-missouri-republican-legitimate-rape-rarely-causes-pregnancy?lite

Missouri Senate nominee Todd Akin made some lovely comments regarding the question of abortion for a woman who is raped:
"People always want to make it into one of those things — well, how do you slice this particularly tough ethical question," Akin said in an interview on KTVI-TV, video of which was circulated by the Democratic super PAC American Bridge.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors, [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin said.

Regarding his opinion on whether to allow for an abortion in such instances, Akin added: “But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

Atta boy Todd...Atta socially retarded republican.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Pure Genius from Missouri
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
I'm really surprised that the Republicans have basically stepped away from this one.  Lots of republicans have said similar nutty shit and its just accepted, almost expected.  Must be close to voting time or something.  See...you are suppose to keep all that crazy shit hidden until you get into power.  Oh, well, Americans have short attention spans and in Missouri I would be willing to wager that this guy still wins.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »
This should be merged on the other topic, which is more active than this one, on the same subject.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »
Regarding his opinion on whether to allow for an abortion in such instances, Akin added: “But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

By this logic refusing to donate spare organs constitutes an attack on the sick. So why do believers feel the need to punish the less fortunate so badly by refusing on religious grounds? I thought God cared more about preserving human life than making sure the worms are properly fed?

I find his comment doubly outrageous considering that in our rape apologist society rape victims typically suffer more punishment than rapists. Remember, people - unless she was a pure virgin raped in a back alley by a stranger while wearing clothes that covered every square inch of her body and didn't get pregnant from the attack it isn't legitimate rape, it's just an hysterical slut trying to drag someone's good name through the mud after getting what she really wanted. And if she gets pregnant she deserves to suffer whatever trauma and complications arise (but according to any anti-abortion expert pregnancy is just an inconvenience, it's only abortion that carries major risks and dangers) without any opting out because women having the same rights as The Men would throw the natural order of the universe into upheaval.

It's just a complete mystery why most rapes go unreported, given people like Todd Akin's dedication to justice rather than tradition and dogma!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:10:51 PM by Aspie »

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »
Before I was banned for life from the teen discussion board[1] at http://allpoetry.com there were a group of teenage girls (if actually girls, or teenagers) that would talk about being raped as no big deal. Now, I argued against their points about being raped based on their casual ease of seeing it as no big deal, and that it was a life experience worth experiencing etc., and subsequently I was banned from the board for "enticing an argument". Anyway, a couple of years later I came across this Christian website (where I was banned for life for questioning their motives) where they promoted the idea of rape actually not being a big deal for teenagers. It's only a big deal to adult women 'cause they are married (good Christian women at least are).

At the time I thought, "maybe those teen girls that bragged were real and came from that website."

Who knows. But, my point: though rare, sometimes girls lie about being raped, and sometimes, apparently, they brag about it in some circles.

-Nam
 1. banned for life from the board not the website
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?