Author Topic: The politics of misogyny. GOP policies ....hateful, focussed and undeniable  (Read 1292 times)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
From the comments section replying to the incredible legitimate rape poison.
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php

Sandy Berman commented   .....an appallingly shameful list

~~ The GOP is actively blocking abortion access to Military rape victims.
~~ Every GOP Senator voted AGAINST the renewal of The Equal Pay for Women Act.
~~ Every GOP Senator voted AGAINST Al Franken's Anti-Rape Amendment.
~~ Every GOP member voted FOR Anti-Safe Abortion Legislation.
~~ Every GOP member voted FOR the Blunt/Rubio Anti-Women's Equal Health Coverage Amendment. While the Blunt/Rubio Amendment does not allow employers to deny male employees health coverage for a Vasectomy, the Blunt/Rubio Amendment allows an employer to deny female employees & female dependents: contraception, tubal ligations, and hysterectomies.
~~ GOP wants to Redefine Rape to "forceable" rape (as if there is any other kind).
~~ GOP wrote legislation to probe metal prongs up a woman's vagina.
~~ GOP changed the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser".
~~ GOP wrote legislation that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (South Dakota GOP)
~~ GOP wrote legislation to cut nearly a billion dollars of aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
~~ GOP wrote legislation that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
~~ GOP wrote a law cutting ALL funding for low-income kids saying "Women should really be home with the kids, not out working (Maryland).
~~ GOP Cut Funding for Head Start, by $1 Billion.
~~ GOP wrote a Bill to CUT funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens. (Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women)
~~ GOP Candidates for President vow and pledge to Cut Funding for Planned Parenthood.
~~ GOP voted for an Amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers.
~~ GOP wrote a Bill to eliminate all funds for Federal Family Planning Program.
~~ GOP wrote a Bill to Provide Contraception for wild horses but ENDS all Federal Funding for Family Planning, including contraception coverage. (Dan Burton (R-Indiana).
~~ GOP has also written "Personhood" laws that force women and girls to bear their rapist's progeny.
~~ GOP has passed laws that allow doctors to lie to a woman about the health of the fetus if the doctor thinks she might have an abortion.
~~ GOP Jan Brewer (R- AZ) recently signed one of the most controversial and restrictive abortion bans in the country, which experts say effectively bans abortions after 18 weeks and declares that a woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex.
Red States have passed 83 laws restricting access to abortion, nearly four times the 23 laws passed in 2010. A lot of that had to do with the 2010 elections, which ushered in a wave of Republican legislators and governors.
This year, the number of states with fully anti-abortion governments in which both the governor and the legislature oppose abortion rights increased from 10 to 15.
And now THIS outrage...
One affront after another added to the list on nearly a daily basis — incredible and still not a single jobs bill and yet the GOP is still denying that they have declared a War on Women..
But they can't deny all these actions.

These MISOGYNISTS need to be PURGED from our government forever.

I mean, just one is enough to get me seething
~~ GOP has passed laws that allow doctors to lie to a woman about the health of the fetus if the doctor thinks she might have an abortion.

What the fucking fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally abysmally wrong for so many reasons.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:47:08 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
I am deeply and profoundly frightened for our young women.  :(
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member

I mean, just one is enough to get me seething

What the fucking fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That one really got me too.  I left the "what the fucking fuck" because I love it when "fuck" is used as both an adjective and a noun.... or would that be adverb and verb.  IDK, thats why I teach history, not English. LOL.

But yeah, bad time to have a vagina in this country.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
All those who say there is no difference in the parties should have this plastered on their wall.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
Remember forum buddies, the republicans are only a viable political party because so many gullible morons believe in god and take the GOP's word for it that god would want them to vote against the liberal godless.

Next time that you pass up a chance to sow a seed of reasoned doubt in your daily life, remember this is the eventual consequence, generation after generation.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
People have been preaching about this for years, if they really cared Republicans wouldn't have so much control. Opinion.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
People have been preaching about this for years, if they really cared Republicans wouldn't have so much control. Opinion.

-Nam

Preaching?

Reported! ;)

"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +382/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
"GOP" stands for Guys Only Party, right?  Uh, hello, Republicans?  The Handmaid's Tale was not written as policy advice.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
"GOP" stands for Guys Only Party, right?  Uh, hello, Republicans?  The Handmaid's Tale was not written as policy advice.

I'd never heard of that book kcrady  ...so thanks, ..........nebula award, booker prize, etc nominee and all  .......OK now I have to hunt it down.

I noticed while trawling that it is available in Sparksnotes.
I'm sure this is the real cause, if the original novel had not been truncated, abridged and annotated for dummies, these Republicans wouldn't have been capable of maintaining the intellectual rigour and focus needed to actually read it, let alone adopt as policy any of the concepts  explored within.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs

OMG, I HATE that book. All these years later it still creeps me out and terrifies me in equal measure. We read it for a women's discussion group, and I do keep thinking of it these days, as I watch the republicans try to take us back into the dark ages. An excellent book, but not one that I can re-read.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +556/-17
  • WWGHA Member
The problem is, I suspect most Republican politicians themselves don't believe in much of the crap they're trying to foist off on the electorate.  They're just reacting to the fact that a lot of people do believe it and using it as a cynical measure to get political power.  They talk a mighty good talk, but they don't even know where this road they're supposed to walk begins.

I wonder how they'd act if someone held them accountable for their hypocrisy?

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
yeah mate , and I know I am tending more to disgusted/despairing generalisation the more I watch the GOP, Individually I'd have to give each the chance to prove their worth, but as a collective these people are a lot scarier than the borg.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
My supervising teacher where I am student teaching this semester is a pretty strong Republican.  Hes an odd combo... relatively young (33) and a History/government teacher (Preacher's son, but pro-gay rights).  In going though education I have meet a lot of fellow Social Studies major and trust me.... Republican BE RARE in the field of History.  I always found that interesting that the people who have the best understanding about how history has played out lean DECIDEDLY left of center.

I like having political debates with him, but cant really go for the throat since he is the final deciding factor on if I graduate or not, AND he is the department head at the school I want to work at.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • IXNAY
The problem is, I suspect most Republican politicians themselves don't believe in much of the crap they're trying to foist off on the electorate. 

Today the GOP made denial of abortion in cases of rape/incest a plank in their party platform -- by unanimous vote.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/21/718461/2012-republican-platform-to-advocate-abortion-ban-without-rape-exception/
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Wow......

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
The problem is, I suspect most Republican politicians themselves don't believe in much of the crap they're trying to foist off on the electorate. 

Today the GOP made denial of abortion in cases of rape/incest a plank in their party platform -- by unanimous vote.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/21/718461/2012-republican-platform-to-advocate-abortion-ban-without-rape-exception/

I can't believe I'm seeing this. I just can't believe it. We're being taken over by troglodytes.  :'(

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
I have said elsewhere that I'm starting to believe that this GOP is being deliberately manipulated to draw all politics to the right.

I don't know if that is true or not, but I do know the end result will be what was considered hard right policy in yesteryear will be embraced "with relief" as "moderate" in our near future.

My cynicism cannot but see this obvious outcome as the real aim of all this cartoon posturing by these inevitable losers.

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
But it`s in your hand not to let this happen!! You Americans have to make clear that you don´t want Mitt Romney to be your next president, cause this would be a catastrophe!!! I´m new here and I live in Germany, we watch with great interest what´s happening in your country.
Don´t elect this mormon jerk and his insane party!!!
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
But it`s in your hand not to let this happen!! You Americans  >snip<

I ain't no seppo  ;)

and greetings fellow earthling
....I agree with your assessment of the current GOP

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • IXNAY
I´m new here and I live in Germany

Willkommen Shandi!  Remember, the loudest in America usually represent a minority of the population.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
A woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex???  Excuse me???
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +382/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
Well, we obviously can't allow abortion in those cases, because the Lord is trying to spawn another kid.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
Well, we obviously can't allow abortion in those cases, because the Lord is trying to spawn another kid.

No, but we sure can allow after birth abortions. Pro-life logic there.