Author Topic: Legitimate Rape  (Read 1761 times)

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Legitimate Rape
« on: August 19, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »
What The Fudge??????

"People always want to make it into one of those things — well, how do you slice this particularly tough ethical question," Akin said in an interview on KTVI-TV, video of which was circulated by the Democratic super PAC American Bridge. “First of all, from what I understand from doctors, [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin said.

I feel better about the sex I had Friday. It was ligitimate, despite the medication, she was very capable of uttering no.

WTF is Leitimate Rape????

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19/13365269-missouri-republican-legitimate-rape-rarely-causes-pregnancy?lite
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Legitimate Rape
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »
They're not called hate-mongers, for nothing.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »
If Republicans know as much about finance as they do human biology, we'd be in trouble.

ooops!
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »
Oh, I rarely indulge in such cruel thoughts, but I cannot help but hope that the Representative Todd Akin has the opportunity to personally experience the difference between legitimate and illegitimate rape, so as to better distinguish between the two and better inform his constituents and form solid policies protecting their interests. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
He is from my state (missouri) and is far ahead of Senator Claire McCaskill because she supported Obamacare.  Shows you how f*cked up Missouri is.

I'm sure some back tracking is taking place as we talk...you know...what he really meant to say.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:27:31 PM »
He is from my state (missouri) and is far ahead of Senator Claire McCaskill because she supported Obamacare.  Shows you how f*cked up Missouri is.

I'm sure some back tracking is taking place as we talk...you know...what he really meant to say.

Yup, he is already saying he "misspoke".

He followed that by saying:
"What I meant to say was if you get pregnant by rape, I really dont give a shit.  I love Jesus" /parody

In other news I also got laid Friday, but dont feel the need to brag about it online.  ;)
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline blue

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Not cool, Zeus.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »

He said, "I misspoke".  I forget who said it, but this tweet summed up a response to that very well.
"I misspoke." Yeah, no shit. But what about the magic vaginal death venom? You gonna stick with that?
There’s no difference between a bunch of theologians sitting around debating scripture than a bunch of D&D nerds sitting around debating which version of the Player’s Handbook to use.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
Medical doctors agree that if a woman truly doesn't want the sex then she won't get pregnant. You only get pregnant if you consent to having sex EVERYBODY knows THAT...duh   &)

Normally I will try to defend Republicans by pointing out that the Dems are just as bad. But I don't think Satan himself would take up this mans defense.

And yaay for Romney and what's his name for disagreeing with that statement by clarifying that they would support abortion in cases of legitimate rape.

An honest politician would be nice for a change. Take me for example...I think that abortion is the murder of an unborn child. I don't care how you justify it. BUT I fully recognize the fact that I will never be put in a situation where I have to make that kind of choice. FURTHER it's the law of the land and a protected right for a woman to have the final say in regards to her reproductive cycle and what she can or can't do with that. So, as your elected representative or president I would do nothing to interfere with that right.

I neither envy nor judge any woman who has exorcised that right.

As an aside, I can only imagine the terror women face when it comes to being raped and how difficult it must be to press charges for fear of retribution or being dragged through the process of defending themselves against aggressive defense lawyers who will try to blame the victim but I would love to see to it that every rapist has to stand before a judge. But that's just a pipe dream for many many reasons. 

I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see every rapist castrated.

And this guy is a total and complete moron. Women's groups all over the world are rightly vilifying him.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »

Personally, I'd like to see much worse than that done  ;) I'm thinking the punishment should fit the crime...over and over again.

And this guy is a total and complete moron. Women's groups all over the world are rightly vilifying him.

Word
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
Just posted on facebook by Feminists United ...

If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »
Clearly it was not intended to be a factual statement.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »
Clearly it was not intended to be a factual statement.

Oh, I don't know...he very clearly appealed to authority by invoking certain unnamed doctors. Seems to me that he was trying to back up his belief that rape is no excuse for abortion.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »

And this guy is a total and complete moron. Women's groups Women and men all over the world are rightly vilifying him.

fixed  ;)

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »
Oh, I don't know...he very clearly appealed to authority by invoking certain unnamed doctors. Seems to me that he was trying to back up his belief that rape is no excuse for abortion.

You need to brush up on your meme-fu!  :D

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/381484/april-12-2011/jon-kyl-tweets-not-intended-to-be-factual-statements

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 10:28:19 PM »

You need to brush up on your meme-fu!  :D

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/381484/april-12-2011/jon-kyl-tweets-not-intended-to-be-factual-statements

got another link mate?  that one is not available in OZ  >:(
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 10:39:02 PM »
Its not only this, even though this is nuts, he does not believe in any kind of student aid for college, even loans.  Mike Huckabee supported him heavily.  He is a real piece of work.

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
The "tweet" was a dig at him that was posted on facebook. The statement about "legitimate rape" was true as far as I can tell.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 02:02:09 AM »
thanks bloke

Thanks... bloke?... you're not really an Aussie, are you?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 04:40:48 AM »

thanks bloke

Thanks... bloke?... you're not really an Aussie, are you?

I have long been mocked for my occasional unconsidered non-gender specific use of "bloke".   Just think of it as my generic anti-sexism.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
See, if you are raped and get pregnant you were not really raped.  For a legitimate rape you have to wish the fetus away and poof...it is gone.  That is how the woman's body works.  Didn't you ever have sex ed in school? :o

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »

Offline pamindfw

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »
He also says the voting rights act should be repealed.  You know, each state should have the right of oppression of whomever they choose.

Todd Akin: willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy.
Everyone is godless.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »
Here's a couple more tid bits about our honorable congressman from Missouri.  (1) He cheated on his taxes by getting his family property assessed as a farm even though it is in the middle of the suburbs, and (2) he and Paul Ryan sponsored and tried to pass a bill in congress redefining the word "rape".

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
He said on 2 different radio shows today that he is no quitter and plans to stay in the race.  He has until 5pm on Weds. to drop out or else it would go to court if he did it after that.  Dems would fight to keep him on the ticket then.  He is getting strong pressure from the NRC and Romney Camp to drop out.  I bet he will but who knows.  Repubs seem more tied to their powers that be.  The RNC also said they would not let go of 5 mil they had for him in the race.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

Castrating a rapist isn't an effective route. I've read articles and seen documentaries where pschologists say it's more to do with the psychological act rather than the sexual premise of the act. A man who rapes a woman can still rape them castrated. Castreation doesn't prevent erection. As they get older they may get less erections but it doesn't prevent them from getting an erection.

Usually the people who advocate for such things either are ignorant of the facts or only wish rapists to be castrated based on their overall anger of the situation. Not saying it isn't justifiable anger but what does it solve?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 04:30:23 PM »

Castrating a rapist isn't an effective route. I've read articles and seen documentaries where pschologists say it's more to do with the psychological act rather than the sexual premise of the act. A man who rapes a woman can still rape them castrated. Castreation doesn't prevent erection. As they get older they may get less erections but it doesn't prevent them from getting an erection.

Usually the people who advocate for such things either are ignorant of the facts or only wish rapists to be castrated based on their overall anger of the situation. Not saying it isn't justifiable anger but what does it solve?

-Nam

Yeah, I hear you. I actually regretted wording it like that almost as soon as I wrote it, but it got across my disgust with rapists so I chose to leave it. What I really think would be fair would be to do a sex change operation on them. See how they like walking in our shoes for awhile.