Author Topic: Not your typical 'Priest Abuses Little Boy' story  (Read 394 times)

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +50/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
Not your typical 'Priest Abuses Little Boy' story
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
This is an extraordinary case is that the cops have discovered essentially in real time, as opposed to the truth bubbling up in bits and pieces months or years after the fact. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2012/08/police_woodburn_priest_chased.html

Be interesting to hear what the church says about this one. How the hell they going to deny it? Obviously, the hierarchy will blame the 'culture of homosexuality' or other some other straw man.

I met a young priest in training a few years back, a guy from Mexico, and based on what he told me it was apparant that before he had taken his vows that his sexual preference was for guys.  He had begun his training for the priesthood at age 15.

Reading this sick story, it occurred to me:

Maybe one reason the church condemns gay sex and denies gays the right to marriage is that by doing so, it makes for a bunch of young, fearful, confused guys who are afraid of their own sexuality...some of those guys would be willing to join a sadistic and repressive regime such as the clergy in an attempt to find a place to fit in, and in attempt to take away their fear and guilt...(fear and guilt, of course, which were planted in their brains by the church in the 1st place!).

Because obviously, the church gains by its promotion of sexual apartied.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
Re: Not your typical 'Priest Abuses Little Boy' story
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
I've always assumed it was due to the access but you may be on to something flapdoodle64.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »
What a horrible story.  I am so glad that this 12 year old had the sense to run, rather than deferring to an abusive authority.  Not only did he prevent further abuse to himself, the guilt of NOT running, and the internalization that would follow, but he also made it much easier to prosecute this pedophile. 

Maybe one reason the church condemns gay sex and denies gays the right to marriage is that by doing so, it makes for a bunch of young, fearful, confused guys who are afraid of their own sexuality...some of those guys would be willing to join a sadistic and repressive regime such as the clergy in an attempt to find a place to fit in, and in attempt to take away their fear and guilt...(fear and guilt, of course, which were planted in their brains by the church in the 1st place!).

Because obviously, the church gains by its promotion of sexual apartied.

Here is my take.  Genuine believers who have sexual desires that conflict with the church's teachings are more likely to join the priesthood,  Many of them were probably abused themselves as children, and in turn, become abusers. 

And of course, it is always easier to be indignant about a man who abuses a little boy.  If the child had been a young girl with budding breasts, there would be those who suggest that she really provoked him.  And asked for it.   

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:05:52 AM »
The story is kinda creepy. Feel bad for the kid, and praise to his parents for helping him learn how to react in that situation, but I still wonder why they let go in the first place.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »
The story is kinda creepy. Feel bad for the kid, and praise to his parents for helping him learn how to react in that situation, but I still wonder why they let go in the first place.
Back in the residential school days you were just taken from your villiage and left in the "care" of these monsters
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
I wish that all children had the self confidence of this boy, to stand up for himself and try to get out. We train our kids to "obey their elders," to "respect authority" and so on ... its a wonder any child is able to do what this one did. Bravo for the kid, and shame on the priest. If I could wave a magic wand and eliminate abuse I'd sure do it in an instant. There's something for my list of things to do when/if I ever become goddess of the universe.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
It seems every time I read these stories, it's the Catholic priest who does the boy, and the protestant preacher that does the girl. So, as I see it: the Catholic church does promote homosexuality, as long as it's done behind church doors.

-Nam
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:17:22 PM by Nam »
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
pedophilia =/= homosexuality

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +335/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »
I'm not saying that homosexuality equates to pedophilia. They are not. But, I have read stories where priests have had relationships (sexual ones) with teenagers (13-17 perhaps older), and it happens a lot more, it seems, in the Catholic church than in protestant ones. Or, at least in the guise of what is shown in the news. Thus, me replying as such.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
church is just a playground for sexual predators.
and leading the apex predators are the priests/pastors/clergy....

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 05:05:10 AM »
I think it's important to teach children to question authority figures. For example, I never use "because I said so" as a reason when my daughters ask me why I tell them to do something, and I've explained to my wife why that's not a valid reason and why they shouldn't accept it. I teach them to question their teachers if they think the teacher has made a mistake, and I've told them to stay far away from anyone trying to talk to them about God, as these people are insane and possibly dangerous.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +50/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »
I think the celibacy thing for the Catholics is one of the big draws for pedos.

I say that because if a young guy is experiencing sexual urges he is not comfortable with, such as being horny for kids and/or dudes, and if he has been raised with the magical belief that god solves everything, then joining the priesthood and going celebate might seem like a way of resolving the issue. 

Of course, once he is in the priesthood, then his sexual desires don't go away, and if he's never been trained to deal realistically with sexuality issues, then damn near anything can happen. 

I am certain that some guys are knowing pedos and they join up with full intent of nailing some kiddies. 

But I think more often it is a scared and confused young guy who joins the seminary, and then from there he only gets more scared and confused, but has all these layers of theological BS to confuse things even more.

For some humans, celibacy is the natural thing.  But for most, not so.  Celibacy has always been extremely rare in every human population since the dawn of time.  That the Catholic Church still has this bizarre requirement for their clergy speaks volumes about their unwillingness to accept reality. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:38:39 PM by flapdoodle64 »