Author Topic: Wrestling  (Read 989 times)

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
Wrestling
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »
I actually legitimately wonder about this. There are a bunch of born again types in wrestling, Shaun Michaels as the most famous example and several wrestlers have religious tatoos. So, I wonder, seeing as the majority here is atheist ... Am I the only one that indulges in the soap-opera-for-men?

As an aside ... just for the lols, I'd love to see an openly Muslim gimmick for once. Yes, they'de done 'Arab' wrestlers, but never an all out Muslim one, as far as I can remember. How many miliseconds would it take for fans to decide they hate him?
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
I actually legitimately wonder about this. There are a bunch of born again types in wrestling, Shaun Michaels as the most famous example and several wrestlers have religious tatoos. So, I wonder, seeing as the majority here is atheist ... Am I the only one that indulges in the soap-opera-for-men?

As an aside ... just for the lols, I'd love to see an openly Muslim gimmick for once. Yes, they'de done 'Arab' wrestlers, but never an all out Muslim one, as far as I can remember. How many miliseconds would it take for fans to decide they hate him?

The Nation of Domination with Farooq leading The Rock, D-Lo Brown, and The Godfather back in the 90's was a take of The Nation of Islam.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Am I the only one that indulges in the soap-opera-for-men?

Yes! You gotta get with the modern era Fiji! Watch MMA like grown men do!  8)
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
I've only watched a tiny bit of wrestling, and that only because I saw ads with The Rock in them and was, well, lets just say I was enchanted with him and leave it at that.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »

For beginners, Shawn Michaels, not Shaun.

I am a fan of pro-wrestling, in fact, I found out WWE is coming to my town again in after 3 years!!!

The closest thing I can think of with what you are saying is with Muhammad Hassan and Daivari in dealing with the Undertaker, which actually killed Hassan’s career and turned Daivari into a singles wrestler, than Sheik Abdul Bashir in TNA. Here’s the video. Also, this was aired the same day as the  London Bombing btw:

And for fun, I’ve read sometimes that CM Punk is an atheist. Don’t know how true it is though, but it seems likely though since straight-edge tends to have come from an atheistic punk movement.

And 2 of my favorite factions ever were based off of Satanism, the Ministry of Darkness in the WWE, and La Secta Cibernetica in AAA Wrestling in Mexico.

For the final tidbit, I love how Insane Clown Posse had a dual career of rappers/pro-wrestling tag team! That alone for me says I need to see how weird Juggalo Championship Wrestling is.

Am I the only one that indulges in the soap-opera-for-men?

I still need to watch that Brock Lesnar/Overeem fight! :D

In addition, in Japan especially, most wrestlers there do both, wrestling and MMA. In fact, that is how I’ve seen Jushin “Thunder” Liger and my favorite wrestler ever, Bill Goldberg compete in MMA. I’m not sure, but I think Jushin Liger holds the record for being the only masked MMA fighter ever!

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
Lesnar went back to Wrasling. He was a beast but not my fav fighter by any means. I'm kinda losing interest for MMA, I always pick the loser. I liked Keith Jardine when I first started watching; he has a glass jaw and washed up. Then I liked Matt Hamil he was ... meh, he retired but I heard rumor he was coming back. Then I liked Dan Hardy, cause he's HAWT, not really his fight VS GSP (George St Pierre) won my heart. He pretty much sucks right now, I'm confident he plays on social media more than he trains. I started getting in to the WEC and liked Urijah Faber until his fight against Dominick Cruz lost it for me. I like watching Anderson Silva toy with his opponents. But I didn't know him before he was champ so I can't jump on the bandwagon. Jon Jones is talented but his persona is not to my liking.

I watch nearly every single PPV. My fiance is a huge fan, but recently I'd rather sleep. Any ways, IDK, how anyone can go from watching real MMA to wrasling. I watched it when I was a kid and when I thought it was real. I went to Monday Night Nitro; saw Ric Flair. That was exciting at the time. I also thought the NWO guys were cool. But that's been some years ago.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:53 AM »
Lesnar went back to Wrasling. He was a beast but not my fav fighter by any means. I'm kinda losing interest for MMA, I always pick the loser. I liked Keith Jardine when I first started watching; he has a glass jaw and washed up. Then I liked Matt Hamil he was ... meh, he retired but I heard rumor he was coming back. Then I liked Dan Hardy, cause he's HAWT, not really his fight VS GSP (George St Pierre) won my heart. He pretty much sucks right now, I'm confident he plays on social media more than he trains. I started getting in to the WEC and liked Urijah Faber until his fight against Dominick Cruz lost it for me. I like watching Anderson Silva toy with his opponents. But I didn't know him before he was champ so I can't jump on the bandwagon. Jon Jones is talented but his persona is not to my liking.

I watch nearly every single PPV. My fiance is a huge fan, but recently I'd rather sleep. Any ways, IDK, how anyone can go from watching real MMA to wrasling. I watched it when I was a kid and when I thought it was real. I went to Monday Night Nitro; saw Ric Flair. That was exciting at the time. I also thought the NWO guys were cool. But that's been some years ago.

Eh, I hate that elitism attitude MMA fans have. Incredibly ignorant to say the least.

I know Lesnar went back to WWE. I just saw him on TV. Anyways, from the fights I've seen with Lesnar, he had 2 problems with him, balance, and defense. I know he is a beast, but he thinks because he is a beast, he can take a hit, and he can, but he doesn't even try to block or defend. In addition, the man can't move to save his life! I am willing to bet if he didn't lose his balance so easily, and had an actual defense, the Lesnar/Valesquez fight would have ended differently. I would have like to see Brock fight Junior Dos Santos before leaving, lest they already did a fight. JDS is badass on the kickboxing! I like how Silva is extremely unorthodox.

As for the ingorant statement, yes wrestling is scripted, and MMA is real, but that reality can be a hinderance. Wrestling is a lot like acting, but because of that, you can still keep the names and the matches good to great given the time constraints, the training/practicing, the rehearsing etc. In MMA however, because it is real and real alone, you can have shitfests end up being the matches of the night, and you can potentially have markee names and matches either ending in 10 seconds or being a complete and total waste of time. The unpredicability of it can make or break matches and names and careers in an instant.

What really turned MMA off for me is all the rules/regulations they put forth on the fighters to the point that the stereotype wrestling has, is what MMA actually is. UFC for example, I love some of the guys like Chuck Liddell and Andre Arlovsky, but you check out debut UFC where it was purely fighting instead of MMA, with the said names, you have far better matches in a far more brutal and deadly atmosphere than nowadays.

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 12:29:18 AM »

Eh, I hate that elitism attitude MMA fans have. Incredibly ignorant to say the least.

I know Lesnar went back to WWE. I just saw him on TV. Anyways, from the fights I've seen with Lesnar, he had 2 problems with him, balance, and defense. I know he is a beast, but he thinks because he is a beast, he can take a hit, and he can, but he doesn't even try to block or defend. In addition, the man can't move to save his life! I am willing to bet if he didn't lose his balance so easily, and had an actual defense, the Lesnar/Valesquez fight would have ended differently. I would have like to see Brock fight Junior Dos Santos before leaving, lest they already did a fight. JDS is badass on the kickboxing! I like how Silva is extremely unorthodox.

As for the ingorant statement, yes wrestling is scripted, and MMA is real, but that reality can be a hinderance. Wrestling is a lot like acting, but because of that, you can still keep the names and the matches good to great given the time constraints, the training/practicing, the rehearsing etc. In MMA however, because it is real and real alone, you can have shitfests end up being the matches of the night, and you can potentially have markee names and matches either ending in 10 seconds or being a complete and total waste of time. The unpredicability of it can make or break matches and names and careers in an instant.

What really turned MMA off for me is all the rules/regulations they put forth on the fighters to the point that the stereotype wrestling has, is what MMA actually is. UFC for example, I love some of the guys like Chuck Liddell and Andre Arlovsky, but you check out debut UFC where it was purely fighting instead of MMA, with the said names, you have far better matches in a far more brutal and deadly atmosphere than nowadays.
I have expired Morphin in my medical chest. It seems you need some. What is wrong with vou people? Does being an Atheist mean that nothing else matters. I feel pitty for all of you. What on earth are you interrested in? Seems like a caveman reunion here.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:18 AM »

Was this directed at me DoL? I think it was bit premature to label me with that mentality.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:46 AM »
I have expired Morphin in my medical chest. It seems you need some. What is wrong with vou people? Does being an Atheist mean that nothing else matters. I feel pitty for all of you. What on earth are you interrested in? Seems like a caveman reunion here.

WTF Are you talking about? This thread is specifically talking about a pass time enjoyed by members here.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »

Kim, I used to watch a ton of MMA back in the day! But ever since Genki Sudo retired, I've lost most interest in it. He became a pretty philosophical guy and was a spectacular showman. I think you and others might dig this, so here's the little documentary on him and how he changed from a cocky, money hungry fighter into a selfless purveyor of peace. His fight entrances were always entertaining!

Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
Thanks for the videos Zankuu, I was not familiar with Genki Sudo. I really only learn about fighters vicariously through my fiance. It's not my favorite past time, but I do enjoy an exciting fight. I don't enjoy the unpredictability of the match ups, and I can't keep up with the new talent. The sport progresses and changes too fast for me. I do enjoy an exciting walk out and would think it would help the UFC if they allowed more like Genki Sudo's. I think the reason they don't is because they are afraid of the backlash of people who start comparing it to wrasling. The conspiracy theorist already think MMA is staged.

For the record I call the WWE wrasling not wrestling because they aren't one in the same. Wrestling is a sport both collegiate and professional. Wrasling is athletic sportsmanship / entertainment. There is no real winner in wrasling. It's all choreography. But I don't discredit the athleticism or talent of wraslers. They are taking the same risk of injury as MMA fighters and wrestlers. I just think it's important for clarity to distinguish between the two.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »
What is wrong with vou people? Does being an Atheist mean that nothing else matters. I feel pitty for all of you. What on earth are you interrested in? Seems like a caveman reunion here.

Tell us Karl, what's really bothering you?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »
What is wrong with vou people? Does being an Atheist mean that nothing else matters. I feel pitty for all of you. What on earth are you interrested in? Seems like a caveman reunion here.

Nothing really. It just surprises me that people actually enjoy violence. And then in this forum, the last place I expected it.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »

They are all mainly Republicans, too. I think it's a conspiracy of the right-wing.

;)

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 05:03:18 PM »
Nothing really. It just surprises me that people actually enjoy violence. And then in this forum, the last place I expected it.

Ah. I suppose I can understand that. I've had that same thought regarding high school football, watching adults jump off the bleachers and cheer when their children attempt to hurt one another. At it's core it really is pretty barbaric, isn't it? But if we're honest, we're a violent species. And we're good at it. And we love it. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy violence.

You may prove me wrong and I might eat these words, but I'd wager that even you enjoy it to a degree. I recently watched a cheerleader swing her leg up for a high kick where she promptly connected her shoe to her nose, knocking herself out cold. I realize it must have inflicted pain on her, and possibly broke her nose, yet I still laughed. Would you also find it funny? If you decided to sit down and watch some football, what would get you more excited- a light tackle, or a BIG hit? Do you enjoy action movies? Do you get an excited "Hell yea" sensation when watching Bruce Willis kick a terrorist in the ribs?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +782/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »

People enjoy a lot of things. Athiests are people, last time I checked. Only thing athiests are not into is god-belief. That's why it is harder to organize atheists than to organize religious group X. We don't really have that much in common, although we are into science and rational thinking more than the average.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
I'm more into science-fiction than science.

;)

-Nam

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »
I understand the repulsion to a blood sport. I contemplated it before watching MMA for the first time. Perhaps we should be more civilized and less barbaric... But I can't deny my blood lust. I enjoy watching full contact sports. I don't think this has anything to do with my lack of belief in gods.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »
WWE wrestling is fake. It's stunt work. I am not saying there aren't injuries due to many of the stunts they perform but that's all they are: stunts.

I never was into it. Of course, I'm not into kickboxing or boxing, either unless it's in a movie, or what not but those are bloody sports. Wrestling is pretty bloodless. Even the real wrestling.

-Nam

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

Was this directed at me DoL? I think it was bit premature to label me with that mentality.

It was about the “wrasling” comment more than anything. I don’t know whether or not you were joking around, but I have seen MMA fans give wrestling fans insults and mockery in a more serious tone all because of wrestling being scripted instead of 100% real. MMA fans who hate wrestling tend to act like they are above the wrestling fans.

It’s different strokes for different folks Karl. The condescending remarks are really not worth replying to as it sounded like you were pissed people are different than you.

You say violence, I say strategy and a game of chess.

And yes btw, I LOVE violence in my entertainment! Just NOT in real life! Once you can separate between real life and acting/sports/video games/music/movies etc., then you can understand how I can enjoy pro-wrestling and MMA.

I don’t recommend taking the holier-than-thou approach from the religious or the Republicans.

And yes, I do enjoy things like this:

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »

It was about the “wrasling” comment more than anything. I don’t know whether or not you were joking around, but I have seen MMA fans give wrestling fans insults and mockery in a more serious tone all because of wrestling being scripted instead of 100% real. MMA fans who hate wrestling tend to act like they are above the wrestling fans.

Ok then, it was premature to stereotype me. I was a little took back by this. I clarified my opinion about this in reply # 11; if you still feel this way about me then okay.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
wow, thanks for all the replies guys, shouldn't probably have posted that the day before I knew I'd have an Internetless day.

Anyways, my access to wrestling has been intermittent throughout the years. For instance, when I found out Shawn Michaels was the number one star, my reaction was, "what? the blond kid from the rockers?" I pretty much missed the entire attitude era. Did catch much of the NWO storyline over on WCW though.

About that ... here's a little story. In the late 80s, the Belgian TV market was freed up. So, the first commercial TV station, VTM started buying up all the established talent from the government run VRT. As a result, VTM became the retirement home for has-been talent and VRT was the place where exciting young talent was featured. It took VTM over a decade to establish itself in the under 50 segment.
The same pretty much was true for WCW vs WWE. Early on, WCW featured massively cool young talent. And that cruiserweight division thing ... LOVED IT!
I'll take Malenko vs Benoit (the wrestler whom shall never be named ... oh crap, I just named him, didn't I) over Hogan vs Earthquake any time. ... and then they started bringing in all these WWE stars ...
Ok, NWO was a pretty cool story, but it went on too long and they didn't suffer any setbacks. The Horsemen mostly could keep operating independently from NWO and Sting mounted some sort of counter-offensive, but even that was mostly guerilla style hit and run. And so, WCW became a retirement home and WWE was able to survive way too easily.

aaaaaanyway ... to answer some of the points raised. My access to MMA is even limited-er than to wrestling, plus, I'm no great fan of actual violence and pain.
fe. I looked up some old matches and came across a Foley-Flair match from 2008 (?)  that was basically a who-can-bleed-most match ... I stopped watching half way through. There simply was no point to the whole deal. I'm quite happy the blood is mostly gone from WWE now.

As to wrastling ... I was always under the impression that wrastling was a sub-category of wrestling where there was even more acting and even fewer actual matches (I tend to skip most interviews and the like btw)
As for the real wrestling/show wrestling distinction ... how often do you see real wrestling on the TV ... outside of the olympics, I mean ... like, never?
So, it's fairly safe that when anyone talks about 'wrestling', they're talking about the WWE scripted kind.

BTW, see that fellow on the left there? No, that's not Hagrid. I know, he LOOKS like Hagrid, but trust me, it's not Hagrid.
That's The Armenian Beast ... who exists solely in the darker parts of the caverns of my mind. He's my E-fed guy.

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 06:09:52 AM »
Nice, MMA fans in the house.

Although weirdly enough, casual fans? I am surprised. One would think the majority of people on this site would be the type to enjoy the tactical and strategic side of MMA.

Humans are built for endurance. We are also very tough creatures. Now if you add our intelligence, protecting all the knockout buttons, proper positioning and movement, it is just about impossible to kill each other in the MMA ring if there is proper refereeing. The only death I know of in MMA is by an amateur fighter who didn't do his homework and fought without giving himself enough time to recover from his previous concussion causing an epileptic seizure that killed him a few minutes after he got submitted from an RNC.

Like any style of aspect of MMA in particular?
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 06:10:55 AM »
Fiji
I can't use the word wrestling to mean what you see on TV because wrestling is an active support in my community. They do it in high school and college. I don't follow the local matches but I've been friends with wrestlers and it's not at all the same thing as on TV. I'm not sure how/why the WFC WWE WCW and the like were able to use the term. But it's not the same. There are however several collegiate wrestlers who move on to wrastle. Don't mean they are wrestling now.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:04 AM »

Although weirdly enough, casual fans?

Aww, when you say it like that I feel like your taking away my rep points! I watch every UFC event and my fiance finds videos of other fighters for me who are less known or up and coming. I just can't remember all their names and what fighting style they use. It's like asking me which teams are in AFC or NFC. IDK but I watch more football than most girls, perhaps some men. If we are at a bar watching a game the men around our tables always compliment my fiance on how lucky he is because I can call plays/penalties. I'm getting better at my MMA knowledge. Learning the difference in techniques and trying to figure out when the fighter is using them. I even try to pull them off on my fiance. (I think he lets me win.)

So instead of casual can I be an intermediate fan?

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 06:43:40 AM »
Fiji
I can't use the word wrestling to mean what you see on TV because wrestling is an active support in my community. They do it in high school and college. I don't follow the local matches but I've been friends with wrestlers and it's not at all the same thing as on TV. I'm not sure how/why the WFC WWE WCW and the like were able to use the term. But it's not the same. There are however several collegiate wrestlers who move on to wrastle. Don't mean they are wrestling now.

As John Green likes to say, Context is everything. Sure, if you're steeped in real wrestling, I can understand that your toes curl at silly stuff like dropkicks and flying elbows (or, well, 99% of all moves) being refered to as 'wrestling'.
I get the same way about football. (well, no, not really, not anymore ... still, I understand and accept where you're coming from)

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 07:36:16 AM »
Yea context is important. I guess I'm being picky  ;)

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »

Although weirdly enough, casual fans?

Aww, when you say it like that I feel like your taking away my rep points! I watch every UFC event and my fiance finds videos of other fighters for me who are less known or up and coming. I just can't remember all their names and what fighting style they use. It's like asking me which teams are in AFC or NFC. IDK but I watch more football than most girls, perhaps some men. If we are at a bar watching a game the men around our tables always compliment my fiance on how lucky he is because I can call plays/penalties. I'm getting better at my MMA knowledge. Learning the difference in techniques and trying to figure out when the fighter is using them. I even try to pull them off on my fiance. (I think he lets me win.)

So instead of casual can I be an intermediate fan?

Not pointed at you. Although I don't know what I would classify you as. 

Casual fans look for a fight of heart and wills. The longer you watch those type of fights, the more boring that stuff gets. Think the slugfests of the older era.

It just irks me that there is an incredibly complex battle of wits going on in the ring and it goes unnoticed and unrecognized. Take GSP's standard disruptive jab, lowkick, feint takedown tactic where he uses the threat of being taken down onto a grappling match where he has the initiative, to undermine his opponents striking. Better yet, look at Dominic Cruz using his incredible rythm fighting style to slowly but surely accelerate his pace until his opponent can't keep up and either the opponent tries to outpace him and losses or they try to take risks and knock him out and fail getting knocked out themselves.

There's also the work they put in before the match. The choices of what moves are they going to drill hard in preparation for the fight. What type of conditioning are they going to need? Is the match going to be a war of attrition going into deep waters and prompting heavy cardio? Is the fight going to be a knockout waiting to  happen, where both of them are just looking for knockouts and therefore needing more anaerobic conditioning. Maybe, the fight will turn into a grappling chess match where the slightest mistake means getting submitted.

I just want to help foster a more educated and mature MMA fanbase. The current Tapout wearing, and tough guy wannabees isn't exactly the best of people to chat with about the sport.
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"