Author Topic: (No Subject) [#2676]  (Read 896 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
(No Subject) [#2676]
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:08:59 AM »
Shalom,

Just gone through the darkest moments of my life and not going to cry and be pitiful on what I lost..... My leg below the knee amputated, divorce proceedings and my wife drove me out from the house and having an affair with my best friend, sick, unemployed, homeless, and in a state that cause me much anguish. But I focus on what is left and by the grace of Our LOrd move on positively to face all conditions and Stay Blessed.

My own high-tech journey started from the ballpoint pen through the typewriter before arriving in cyberspace - spanning over 20, sometimes simultaneous, years.

My name is [name removed], a recent amputee. I'm a true-blooded, born, bred Singaporean. I am doing what I love, and make use of my intelligence, creativity, imagination and sense of fun, drawing from many skills in view of my job experiences in the media and business opportunities. I wake up each morning looking forward to what the business day’s work so that I can more easily find and recognize the spark of Godliness, love, good health, entrepreneurship, joy and beauty within ourselves in educating a new generation of consumers with exciting technology of health awareness by improving life better between the employer and employee. I have gone through the depression years and a living testimony of survival.

A prime example of how society tries to often time place people in statistical confinements, because you come from a certain background or you had certain negative elements surrounding your life. I beat the odds and always say that my stars were redirected, because I truthfully am not supposed to be here. I have to help others, who may think that just because society says that you are supposed to be one way, if the GOD has a bigger plan for you, then that overwrites any blueprint that society designs, and their generalized sketches become null and void.

I am a GOD-fearing man, thanks to my mother, so I believed that GOD would take my life in other directions, and all that I went through has made me stronger than a lot of people, as a result, because I know what it is like to feel pain—pain has made me stronger. As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

As a Singaporean, my aim is to help each and everyone as best as I can towards a peaceful life as we continue our journey. My goal is to continue to help make people "Whole Again", not just in body and prosthetic rehabilitation, but in spirit and self dignity. Sir, I'm not asking for handout or charity, what I require from you is to pray for me to get a job urgently and any contacts of substance that I may get employment of any position or work with them for our mutual interest or their representative in view of the state I am in.

I have great great passion for the Jews. Caring for them is doing the Lord’s work and true salvation comes from the Jews. Once I am settled with the Lord’s help, I intend to work with the Jews and float an NGO or Foundation from Singapore to help the Jews and unfortunate ones – No plans of GOD THE FATHER CAN BE THWART.

The business side of media is a necessary "evil". It teaches me to be realistic and yet I certainly hope, I never envy or aspire to earn more than I can possibly need.......As a journalist I won't go hungry, that is for sure. There is no end to work, and I sincerest look forward to hear from you to discuss matters explicitly and in confidence at Email: [address removed].

Please pray for me, by the grace of Our LOrd I will make a comeback!,

Thanks, I look forward to hear from you and YOU Stay Blessed.

[Name Removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: (No Subject) [#2676]
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »

you want us to pray for you

yet you claim in capitals   no plans of GOD THE FATHER CAN BE THWART

so what is prayer for?  But to change circumstances that surely must be god's unthwartable plan until he changes them because you prayed

and thanks for the ego trip

690 words

I     =21 times
I'm = 2 times

very neat   ...every 30 words you poke an I in.
What, were you concerned you'd forget who you were talking about?

I truly wish you the best in your life, and with your stated goal to help each and everyone.
I suggest before you next engage an atheist site with such inane theistic babbling, you strongly re-consider.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
I don't even understand what he's trying to say. Is there a point in there somewhere? Any kind of a point?
Excreta Occurs

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
1st paragraph sounds like the makings of a country western song.   ;)

Why are you posting on this site and do you want God to give you your amputee part back?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:40:37 AM »
Are we sure that this was specifically directed at us, and not the latest kind of Nigerian Scam?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 08:42:45 AM »
... all i can say is that i feel sorry for that person... a little... but i don't understand them.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »
Are we sure that this was specifically directed at us, and not the latest kind of Nigerian Scam?

I did wonder about that before posting it, but I've seen more than a few Nigerian scam emails in my day, and this one doesn't quite "feel" like that, so I went ahead and posted it.  On the other hand, I admit I'm also skeptical as to how truthful the content is as well.  For all of this to happen to one person:

My leg below the knee amputated, divorce proceedings and my wife drove me out from the house and having an affair with my best friend, sick, unemployed, homeless, and in a state that cause me much anguish.

Is pretty questionable.  I know only one other person who ever told me that she had gone thru this much misfortune in a relatively short (~one year) period of time, and afterward, it turned out that almost everything she had said was untrue.  I guess we'll find out more if the letter writer chooses to join us.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »

I did wonder about that before posting it, but I've seen more than a few Nigerian scam emails in my day, and this one doesn't quite "feel" like that, so I went ahead and posted it. 

I know what you mean.  But he DOES ask for employment contacts, which I suspect will then lead to "I'd love to, but I need money for a suit for interview...." and so on.

It doesn't hang together because he is a Christian asking for prayer and help into employment from an atheist site....which leads me to suspect he searched for websites featuring "god" in the title, then adjusted his email accordingly.

Alternatively, he may be completely legit - just didn't investigate too closely which website he was contacting....he may well think we are a site like CARM or whatever, chock full of Christians ready to pray for him!
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »

I did wonder about that before posting it, but I've seen more than a few Nigerian scam emails in my day, and this one doesn't quite "feel" like that, so I went ahead and posted it. 

I know what you mean.  But he DOES ask for employment contacts, which I suspect will then lead to "I'd love to, but I need money for a suit for interview...." and so on.

It doesn't hang together because he is a Christian asking for prayer and help into employment from an atheist site....which leads me to suspect he searched for websites featuring "god" in the title, then adjusted his email accordingly.

Alternatively, he may be completely legit - just didn't investigate too closely which website he was contacting....he may well think we are a site like CARM or whatever, chock full of Christians ready to pray for him!

I agree, it's all a little "iffy", but I decided to err on the side of posting the email.  I've been here long enough to know that it's not likely that anyone here is going to get duped by a 419er.  And it is possible he thought he was contacting Christians -- it wouldn't be the first time we got something like that in the mailbag.

In any event, I suspect it's a tempest in a teapot.  Most likely what will happen is, the letter writer won't join us, and the thread will fizzle.  In a few days or so, we'll have forgotten about it.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
Despite your problems it sounds like you've tried to do something positive with your life. I think that's a good thing, perhaps you'd attribute it with God and obviously I wouldn't and I think it's worth mentioning people managed to led amazings lives without a belief in God, if that was the point you were trying to get across. We've got some very charity focused people on these forums and a friend, who's actually a Satanist volunteered to go helping out in Japan after the earthquake and helped to better people's lives. And sadly, some people's 'Christian' charity has been known to do harm, but normally it's the kind of people who help people whilst equipped with their bible, where their intention isn't necessarily the best for the people and what they need, but works out to be more of a promotion of their religious values, I'd refer it as 'trading help for Jesus', I suspect some of the people are good willed, but perhaps misguided (these people will be saved if they have God in their hearts), but you don't strike me as that sort. But it's those kind of people who have given me the view that being a Christian missionary is unethical.

My life. Well, my accomplishments may be small in comparison, but it sounds like to me you've got years to your advantage there. Regardless, I lead a happy, moral life and one without any deities. My achievements can be associated with hard work and determination, rather than faith. To my mind, that's more positive than say, relying on help from a deity. Maybe you don't attribute your achievements to God (or you may do only in part) and that well could be a strawman, but I am trying to figure out your point. :)

But please, feel free to post, yeah, we can be a hard bunch sometimes, but we encourage the discussion should you wish to join.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
Shalom,

Please pray for me, by the grace of Our LOrd I will make a comeback!,

Thanks, I look forward to hear from you and YOU Stay Blessed.

[Name Removed]

Let us know if your amputeed limb comes back through prayer, it would change my worldview. Meanwhile, I hold the judgement that your beliefs are futile, hopeless, and certainly not doing you any good given the description of your current situation.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
Shalom,

Just gone through the darkest moments of my life and not going to cry and be pitiful on what I lost..... My leg below the knee amputated, divorce proceedings and my wife drove me out from the house and having an affair with my best friend, sick, unemployed, homeless, and in a state that cause me much anguish. But I focus on what is left and by the grace of Our LOrd move on positively to face all conditions and Stay Blessed.

Wow, if that's blessed, I'd hate to see cursed. It looks like God was out of grace long before he got to you.

Prayer is ineffectual. Seriously. Let me put it this way: God makes his divine plan. His All-Knowing, All-Powerful, All-Loving Plan. There isn't a single thing that you could possibly think of that he doesn't know or have thought about before he even created the Universe.

Let's say you have a grandma with cancer. You pray, she dies. Why did she die? It was part of HIS plan, right? Let's say she gets cured instead. Did God change his mind because you prayed? Nope. If her dying was part of his plan... her being cured was then part of his plan. God's going to do what he wants and what he wants is his plan. It's HISstory after all. You think you know better than God? You think you have the right to ask God in his infinite wisdom to change his divine plan he made billions of years ago, JUST FOR YOU?

Edit: It was a little too harsh, I think.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:03:13 PM by Ivellios »

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
Is it me, or is this guy asking for a job as if this is his resume?

"...the struggle of pain...I have endured".

Yeah, 'cause of this is why you are who you are, nothing else.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +71/-1
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
What are the odds?

From a press release that appears at [urlhttp://www.grindmodepress.com/print_release.php?release_id=310&PHPSESSID=6e5315a31a6541c42ded35c0089a42a0[/url] and several other sites:
I am a living testimony of survival, and
a prime example of how society tries to often time place people in statistical confinements, because you come from a certain background or you had certain negative elements surrounding your life. I beat the odds and always say that my stars were redirected, because I truthfully am not supposed to be here.

From the OP:
I have gone through the depression years and a living testimony of survival.

A prime example of how society tries to often time place people in statistical confinements, because you come from a certain background or you had certain negative elements surrounding your life. I beat the odds and always say that my stars were redirected, because I truthfully am not supposed to be here.

From the press release:
...but was born into. “I have to help others, because people helped me along the way.

From the OP:
I have to help others, who may think that just because society says...

From the press release:
but I felt that it was time to start helping others who may think that just because society says that you are supposed to be one way, if the supreme being has a bigger plan for you, then that overwrites any blueprint that society designs, and their generalized sketches become null and void. I am a God-fearing young woman, who also grew up in the church (thanks to her grandmother), so I believed that God would take my life in other directions, and all that I went through has made me stronger than a lot of people, as a result, because I know what it is like to feel pain—pain has made me strong, I have a young daughter to live for

From the OP:
who may think that just because society says that you are supposed to be one way, if the GOD has a bigger plan for you, then that overwrites any blueprint that society designs, and their generalized sketches become null and void.

I am a GOD-fearing man, thanks to my mother, so I believed that GOD would take my life in other directions, and all that I went through has made me stronger than a lot of people, as a result, because I know what it is like to feel pain—pain has made me strong
er. As we get older...

Bolding mine.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »
Ah, so it's spam, or scam. Both?

-Nam

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +71/-1
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »
I don't know, but it is plagiarism at the least. I could not find the OP's version anywhere with a google search, so probably not spam unless it's either new or tightly targeted.

It's odd the way it takes chunks out of that other document and assembles them into a distinctly different story. Maybe it is someone with poor English skill copying whole phrases, sentences, and paragraphs out of other people's writing in an attempt to sound more fluent?

At any rate, it smells scammish.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:06:24 AM »
What are the odds?

Rather high, apparently.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:07:18 AM »
Response received at the WWGHA email address by the original poster:

Thanks for your reply and the unpleasant comments received from forum. I'm sad, being a sinner, needed to talk to somebody with regards to my troubles and securing a job towards much permanence. Just pray for me!

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 06:44:22 AM »

Well, if you're sad because you're a sinner, you have one of 2 choices: Continue to believe as you do, you will always "stumble" ie sin because humans are not perfect, and so, you will always be sad.

Or you can realize that 'sin' is a fake disease that you do not need a 'cure' via people trying to control your life. Life is what you make of it. You are the one who decides if you're happy or sad.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 07:05:04 AM »
Thanks for your reply and the unpleasant comments received from forum.

You put yourself out there, friend.  (With plagiarized material, no less.)

I'm sad, being a sinner

This reminds me of that old joke about the guy who goes to the doctor and said, "Doc, my arm hurts when I lift it over my head."  And the doctor says, "Well, then, don't lift your arm over your head."

If being a sinner makes you sad, why don't you just stop sinning, for pete's sake?

needed to talk to somebody with regards to my troubles

I'm curious as to what made you think WWGHA would be a good choice for that.

and securing a job towards much permanence.

If you want a job, you need to go look for one.  Praying for one won't do you a damn bit of good, and contacting a randomly-found atheist discussion forum is only marginally likely to be any more helpful than that.

Just pray for me!

We're atheists.  We don't tend to do a great deal of praying.

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 08:41:40 AM »
Quote from: Plagiarising Somalian Spammer Scammer
Thanks for your reply and the unpleasant comments received from forum. I'm sad, being a sinner, needed to talk to somebody with regards to my troubles and securing a job towards much permanence. Just pray for me!

Dear PSSS,

I'm sad that you decided to give so little thought to anyone else's needs that you came to an atheist forum and asked them to pray for you.  Not only that, but even after getting umpteen replies reiterating our views, you STILL tried to ask us to "pray for you".

Unfortunately, when someone is either so willfully stupid, or as arrongantly presumtious to act in such a way, I no longer feel any need to treat them nicely.  You have, to use an analogy, walked straight into our house with muddy boots despite our please to take them off at the door, and then acted all shocked when we threw you out.

Here's a tip: if you genuinely are seeking work, it is a good idea to actually research your target before firing off applications.  If you wrote to - say - a company that makes TV sets asking for a job, but stressed in the application that you thought TVs were the work of the devil, you would - I hope - not be surprised if they decided NOT to offer you a job. 

If I was an employer your demonstrated unwillingness to do any research, coupled with your lack of communication skills, would mean I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »
It all seems ridiculous to me.

-Nam

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:51 PM »
(raises a glass of beer)  Allfather Oðinn, if you happen to be in Singapore on business sometime soon, or have a Valkyrie branch office there, this sounds like a chap who needs an emergency infusion of reality-based wisdom.  Can you spare him a clue or two, if it's not too much of a hassle?  Takk, Dad!

There you go:  An honest-to-goodness prayer-like pronouncement from an agnostic atheist Norse goddess.  Be careful what you ask for... And from whom.  8)

And who knows -- If you view your problems without a patina of religion obscuring the view, you might actually be able to set and achieve some goals.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:11:56 PM by Astreja »
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 12:59:58 AM »

Well, if you're sad because you're a sinner, you have one of 2 choices: Continue to believe as you do, you will always "stumble" ie sin because humans are not perfect, and so, you will always be sad.

Or you can realize that 'sin' is a fake disease that you do not need a 'cure' via people trying to control your life. Life is what you make of it. You are the one who decides if you're happy or sad.
I am sort of an international guy. I can't translate but to you it seems adequate to quote what my father told me:

Mit vollen Hosen hat man gut stinken.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
Not trying to be rude here, but asking members of an atheist website to pray for you is kind of silly.

I'll offer you some advice, though.  Don't wait for 'prayer' to make a difference.  Make that difference yourself with what you do.