Author Topic: I BELIEVE!!!  (Read 1227 times)

Offline DTE

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-3
I BELIEVE!!!
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »
I BELIEVE IN THE GOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST BECAUSE HE SAVED ME!!!! HE LIVES IN MY HEART!!! I KNOW HIM!!!!

HE IS REAL!!!!
Deconversion=Intelligence + Consideration + Courage

If you wish to contact me, it's best to do so via the email in my profile.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
Re: I BELIEVE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
Saved you from what? A speeding train? Were you in a hostage situation and Jesus floated down on a cloud and bust through the doors and took the gunman out? Biblically speaking I think it's impossible to get 'saved' by Jesus. Personally speaking I think it someone does something so incredibly cruel like murder, etc, I'd hate to see that person be 'saved' and have the burden of guilt lifted off their shoulders and not live a personal life of hell knowing they took another person's life. As for what you might be 'saved' for, trust me, trust me, it's only human nature and you didn't do anything wrong, so you don't need to be saved from anything.[1]

The whole idea of being 'saved' just by praying to some savior is just an easy way out, and relieves the person who committed horrible acts against others, when they should live a life of remorse and regret. Apologizing to the family of the person murdered is one thing, and that is acceptable, but still the burden of what they did should still be on their shoulders.

So yeah, congratulations on being saved, however meaningless it means in reality.

-M
 1. since you're probably not in jail
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:03:43 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-23
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
Emily, DTE returned from a (basically) 4 year hiatus, most likely due to the thread on SPAG that mentioned him.  He's an atheist, and introduced the term "SPAG" to WWGHA.  I'm not sure why he's trolling now, though I'm sure sooner or later it'll piss off the mods.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »
Ah yes, I remember now.[1] But after browsing his past posts he seems have a history to post these kind of trollish topics.
 1. that was before I joined the forum, but I read about him elsewhere on the net regarding the term SPAG. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/SPAG
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:19:07 PM by Emily »

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-23
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »
Oh.  I hope he has fun, then.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »
Hey Mooby, you want me to smite you to make your karma even? J/k

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline willwgp86

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
Well hallaloojah!  :laugh:

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
Saved you from what? A speeding train? Were you in a hostage situation and Jesus floated down on a cloud and bust through the doors and took the gunman out? Biblically speaking I think it's impossible to get 'saved' by Jesus. Personally speaking I think it someone does something so incredibly cruel like murder, etc, I'd hate to see that person be 'saved' and have the burden of guilt lifted off their shoulders and not live a personal life of hell knowing they took another person's life. As for what you might be 'saved' for, trust me, trust me, it's only human nature and you didn't do anything wrong, so you don't need to be saved from anything.[1]

The whole idea of being 'saved' just by praying to some savior is just an easy way out, and relieves the person who committed horrible acts against others, when they should live a life of remorse and regret. Apologizing to the family of the person murdered is one thing, and that is acceptable, but still the burden of what they did should still be on their shoulders.

So yeah, congratulations on being saved, however meaningless it means in reality.

-M

Emily you are in deep water's. To be so unmerciful toward the plan of redemption. You need to repent or you will end up in hell.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »
That's right Emily.  Listen to the boy.  He knows the "true" ways of the Lord.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »
I like when future atheists visit.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »

-M

Emily you are in deep water's. To be so unmerciful toward the plan of redemption. You need to repent or you will end up in hell.

...shit...